Author Topic: Can people be forced to change?  (Read 9337 times)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Can people be forced to change?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 11:10:23 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

Yes, there is a big difference.  Ill-fitting shoes will not damage the kids for life.

Substitute the word school for shoes.  If the program can get these kids to sit in a class room and start reading and learning many of them will begin to enjoy learning new things.  They may find a new interest and passion to follow.

And what if the kid feels that it's damaging to them?  What if they truly feel that it IS abuse (and that brings up the subject of having an abuse/patient rights hotline which the kids have zero access to) and it's hurting them?  Do you still insist that they participate?  Do the kids feelings not matter?

They should talk to their parents or to their therapist or staff member.  The therapist at ASR was not affiliated with the program and lived outside of it.  The child could just walk away.  There is a general store about a mile away with a phone.  The staff will try to talk you back but if you refuse then they will notify authorities and you could speak to them.
There are many, many options for a child if they have been abused.  

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 11:11:28 AM »
Whooter, the water you are leading those horses to is poisoned.  Because they are minors, you "insist that they give it a try and see if they find a benefit in it".  So when they don't find a benefit and instead find the complete destruction of their self esteem, their self confidence, what do you do for them then?  Turn them out on the streets after taking away all of their social skills?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 11:12:21 AM »
Quote from: "Dr Fucktard"
And what if the kid feels that it's damaging to them?

Hah! As a professional in the troubled teen industry, I say tough shit if they feel like the treatment is damaging to them! Maybe they should have thought about that before they lit their first joint, or before they decided to stay out all night without calling home and worrying their poor parents sick!

Why should the parents worry about damaging the kid when the kid wouldn't give a second thought to the damage that their druggie behavior is causing the family? Parents need to be tough once in a while! Sometimes the end justifies the means.

Because it's the parent's job to look out for the kids safety, not the other way around.

How's the "church" attendance these days Virgil?  :seg:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 11:12:51 AM »
Quote from: "Shadyacres"
Whooter, the water you are leading those horses to is poisoned.  Because they are minors, you "insist that they give it a try and see if they find a benefit in it".  So when they don't find a benefit and instead find the complete destruction of their self esteem, their self confidence, what do you do for them then?  Turn them out on the streets after taking away all of their social skills?

Very well put!!!   :notworthy:

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 11:20:56 AM »
Turn them out on the streets after taking away all of their social skills?

You've made others suffer. It's only fair that you should suffer proper. You know I've been told everything you've done, sitting here at night round the family table, pretty shocking it was to listen to. It made me real sick, a lot of it did.

Let him learn the errors of his way, and that a bad boy like he's been don't deserve such a good mum and dad as he's had.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2010, 11:37:50 AM »
You've made others suffer. It's only fair that you should suffer proper.

Now Virgil.....since you're now a "priest", you know very well the phrase turn the other cheek.

And on the subject of 'druggies'......
Matthew 25:40 And the King will make answer and say to them, Truly I say to you, Because you did it to the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2010, 11:43:11 AM »
Matthew 25:40 And the King will make answer and say to them, Truly I say to you, Because you did it to the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.

That's right!! When a kid plays cards with Satan, he gets dealt an awful hand! He's evil to himself, to his druggie friends, and to Jesus!!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2010, 11:55:24 AM »

That's right!! When a kid plays cards with Satan, he gets dealt an awful hand! He's evil to himself, to his druggie friends, and to Jesus!!

:rofl:

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2010, 12:06:53 PM »

Thats an awful thought.  I couldnt imagine a program today destroying a childs' self confidence/self esteem.  The programs that I have seen work very hard to instill a value of ones self and find a strength and interest within the child so that they can develop a healthy self esteem.  many of the kids go to programs with very little self esteem and self confidence and have dropped out of school or stopped studying.

I think the universal struggle is the transition back into the real world.  This is where many programs need to focus their attention and improve.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2010, 12:17:15 PM »
Nobody has to force Whooter to change.  He changes Fornits identities constantly.  Here's a sample of two months' worth of Whooter's sockpuppets:

RobertBruce.

RobertBruce .

RobertBruces

BEN WAjowski

Fred Bicep

Peg Sympson

John C.

Mike D.

Ursas

Slander Programs

John B.

Jim Bunson

Dot MacKinnon

Jammie Sympson (eventually it will be the whole “Sympson Family” I suppose)

Mark Rosen

Roger Glasdco

John Randall

Pete DeGroot

Mark DeGroot (I guess the “DeGroot Family” too)

Warner Stubbin

Steve Backlan

James Driding

Rob Jamison

Boarding Schools Pros and Cons (he’s the “con”)

Bess H.

Iao;nori

Jim Baylor

Sid Michaels

Fred Thompson

John McCain

Sarah Palin

Mitt Romney

Al Gore

Dick Cheney

Mike Wilson

Rudy Bentz

Heal Online

Margaret Wilson

Revenge Fantasy Girlz

Diddle

Robert Hess

Ajax13.

Tom K

Aghast.

Marion

He's a dishonest troll.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2010, 12:18:54 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"

Thats an awful thought.  I couldnt imagine a program today destroying a childs' self confidence/self esteem.  The programs that I have seen work very hard to instill a value of ones self and find a strength and interest within the child so that they can develop a healthy self esteem.  many of the kids go to programs with very little self esteem and self confidence and have dropped out of school or stopped studying.

I think the universal struggle is the transition back into the real world.  This is where many programs need to focus their attention and improve.

Some of them might not mean to (and some actually do because a lot of them get off on the guru complex), but it doesn't matter the reason.  Even if their intentions are good, the LGAT programs use the "break them down, then build them up" philosophy and that IS dangerous......especially to someone who is "troubled" to begin with.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2010, 12:33:37 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"

Some of them might not mean to (and some actually do because a lot of them get off on the guru complex), but it doesn't matter the reason.  Even if their intentions are good, the LGAT programs use the "break them down, then build them up" philosophy and that IS dangerous......especially to someone who is "troubled" to begin with.

I understand the controversy Surrounding the LGAT's.  I think if they are not handled properly they could be damaging.  But I dont think they are all damaging.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2010, 12:36:31 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
Moral choice is necessary to humanity.

:tup:
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2010, 01:14:27 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

And.......?

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2010, 01:31:26 PM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"

And.......?

Well, aren't you "pushy" today. I don't have anything to say at this time. Just liked Frodie's post and also like your thread. I'll post later.
Stand and fight, till there is no more.