Author Topic: Dead, insane, or in jail (general discussion)  (Read 13466 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Dead, insane, or in jail
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 11:10:34 AM »
Quote from: "Maximilian"
That's one perspective. It would be interesting to hear your parents side of the story to get a more accurate picture of what was really going on.

Well, my mom says that she never thought I had a problem.  My dad now says that while he wasn't happy with my behavior back then, he realized he may have over-reacted.  He realizes that Straight preyed on his fears and fed into them.  Although I'm sure you'll dismiss that as me lying.

Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

I was told for years after I rejected Straight's thinking that I would end up that way.  I'm still here, living a relatively happy life....all without benefit of Straight, AA or any other dogmatic bullshit.  Funny, it wasn't until I shook off all of Straight and AA's teachings that I truly began to 'recover' and become happy.

Some might view fornits as dogmatic bullshit.

What's your point?  That doesn't at all address what I said.

Yet there are only a dozen or so posters here. Out of hundreds of thousands who went to programs.

And you think the only people who feel they were harmed by programs are here?   :rofl:  

Well if there's a webpage about it, it must be true.

So you're saying you disagree with it then?  Please expound on that.

I know, you're above it. Thanks for descending to our level to talk to us, Great Anne Bonney.

You're quite welcome.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Maximilian

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 11:31:09 AM »
Well, my mom says that she never thought I had a problem.  My dad now says that while he wasn't happy with my behavior back then, he realized he may have over-reacted.  He realizes that Straight preyed on his fears and fed into them.  Although I'm sure you'll dismiss that as me lying.

Well my momma always used to say, life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know what you're gunna get.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 11:33:49 AM »

Well my momma always used to say, life is like a box of chocolates, ya never know what you're gunna get.

RUN MAX , RUN!
?©?€~¥@

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 11:50:26 AM »

So, you're just gonna throw out movie quotes and not address anything I've said in response to your own posts??  Alrighty then.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 12:01:09 PM »
The Asst Principal at my high school was in Straights pocket. He used his position to reccomend parents of "troubled" teens speak to Straight parents. Thats how they recruited my parents. It has become clear in speaking with many people who attended that school and wound up in Straight, that the Asst Principal was attempting to use Straight to clear out any kid who gave him an issue at all. Was he getting a financial kick-back? Good Question.
My sweet but gullible Mother bought the deadinsaneorjail thing all the way. She really believed she was helping me. It took 18 months in there before she realized what an utter crock of shit it all was.

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2010, 12:22:27 PM »
Hey guys we keep running round and round and getting nowhere with the battle of programs are bad, let's give Who, Max, and Danny the opportunity to tell us which programs are good since they are stuck on the one track.

Offline Son Of Serbia

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2010, 03:06:53 PM »
Quote from: "Botched Programming"
Hey guys we keep running round and round and getting nowhere with the battle of programs are bad, let's give Who, Max, and Danny the opportunity to tell us which programs are good since they are stuck on the one track.

C'mon man - isn't it obvious?  Those Bozos think ALL programs are good.  They've all been effectively programmed - that's the problem.   Additionally, Whooter's a sadist who hates children anyways & believes they should have no rights at all.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2010, 04:25:40 PM »
Quote from: "Son Of Serbia"

C'mon man - isn't it obvious?  Those Bozos think ALL programs are good.  They've all been effectively programmed - that's the problem.   Additionally, Whooter's a sadist who hates children anyways & believes they should have no rights at all.

Anyone who has read my posts know I am middle of the road and have a balanced view.  I believe there are abusive programs as well as good ones.  It is people like yourself who think in absolutes and feel all programs are abusive.

As far as not wanting kids to have rights.  I am all for it, but unfortunately they do not have any rights until they turn 18. This isnt my fault but that of the voters.

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2010, 06:50:02 PM »

I think this is a reasonable request from Botched. I would like to see the list of specific programs which come so highly reccomended here. Names, address and phone # would be helpful. We can start with the program which maximillian/suck it attended. thanks.   :rocker:

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 07:10:50 PM »
Quote from: "shaggys"

I think this is a reasonable request from Botched. I would like to see the list of specific programs which come so highly reccomended here. Names, address and phone # would be helpful. We can start with the program which maximillian/suck it attended. thanks.   :rocker:

I agree with what Shaggy's said.. I made a reasonable request and "Who" you danced around the question... Name the good programs...

Joel

Edited: Wednesday, October 06, 2010
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 07:55:54 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 04:38:00 PM by Joel »

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 09:17:37 PM »

I agree with what Shaggy's said.. I made a reasonable request and "Who" you danced around the question... Name the good programs...

:bump:

Joel

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2010, 09:37:52 PM »
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 04:37:17 PM by Joel »

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 10:53:50 PM »
Quote from: "Joel"
Quote from: "Hedge"
In my facility, the mantra was dead-or-in-jail. Maybe because the "insane" was already presumed to be true.

It's been hard for me to recognize this mantra as being an untruth. After all, many of us were already almost dead, and some of us had already been in jail. That's what made it look like a fact.

I can see now how it was used to manipulate us. But I was wondering: how have other people dealt with this mantra as adults?

How have you been able to get it out of your head, away from your expectations for yourself and for the other kids who were in programs with you?

Botch Hedge asked a legitimate question.  I am asking you respectfully, one time, to stay on topic.

Joel...  In all fairness the topic got changed on me... I posed a legitimate question to you guys first then did not get a answer

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2010, 12:11:01 AM »
If you ended up in a program, you were probably behaving in a way that concerned people enough to choose that option.

You got to be kidding me, Max. I thought you grew beyond this BS to at least realize that many kids did not deserve a program. Now I happen to believe that no kid deserves a fraudulent and emotionally abusive one, because it isn't helpful, to say the least, but many kids had parents who were unable to accept a different type of kid, or who took a radical approach to troubled times.   Or who simply wanted a fucking vacation from parenthood, but couldn't admit it was because they were weak. And in so many cases, divorce was really the perfect backdrop to to extract kids out of families.

Maybe you would have been deadinsaneorinjail. So fine maybe "the program" saved your ass, but from my understanding of your posts, you didn't exactly go straight after the program. It's possible you just matured and got sick and tired of your own BS. (Or maybe not.)

As for "deadinsaneinjail," it was program manipulation. If parents second guessed their decision, the program immediately pulled out the DIJ card to keep their parents submissive and their wallets active. I will also say that CEDU traumatized many people who were not headed toward DIJ until they had to re-adjust to life in the mainstream. CEDU had disconnected their coping mechanisms for living in reality while beating the living crap out of their self esteem and authentic sense of self. This is an experience that was duplicated in offshoots and many other programs with the same systemic methodology.

Seriously, they pulled the same BS with my parents, but let's add, "she'll become addicted." Well, I was not addicted before CEDU. I was not sent to CEDU for drugs (and isn't a treatment center) so why would they throw that scare tactic out there?  And jail?  I never even stole a Hostess twinkie, so jail seems like a  pretty extreme outcome... I guess anyone could go nuts temporarily, but I've never had my sanity (seriously ;))questioned. But this was THE standard tactic used to keep parents and kids in line, and it was not isolated to one program or time frame. This was endemic.

So arguing semantics to devalue the DIJ tactic is total bullshit.