Author Topic: Recent Aspen cutback and re-structure  (Read 10000 times)

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
Re: Recent Aspen cutback and re-structure
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 11:33:57 AM »
Ha! They go from occasional peer ridicule to incessant staff ridicule.

Auntie Em
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 12:07:15 PM »
Quote from: "AuntieEm2"

Auntie Em

When people accuse you of making up stories,Auntie Em, you get upset and say:  "I dont know what your talking about!".  

Everyone reading here knows that there was no mention of occasional peer ridicule or incessant staff ridicule.  Once again you just made this up to deceive the readers.

Offline elanasshole

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 12:21:56 PM »
Whooter why did you send your daughter to an Aspen program?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: Asperger's and high-functioning autism
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2010, 12:24:44 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
Quote from: "Ursus"
"Adolescence may be the most difficult time for an individual with Asperger's or high-functioning autism," explains Tatsapaugh. "In adolescence, social demands become more complex, subtle social cues become more important, and kids with these disorders may have difficulty understanding their peers and the inherent social status structure of high school. Because they are socially naive, the child may not realize when someone is trying to take advantage of them and they can be especially vulnerable to manipulation and peer pressure."

She adds, "This school will be a comfortable place for them to feel safe and be who they are without peer ridicule."
I can't believe how these places actually think that a program environment, one that specifically relies on manipulation and peer pressure to effect behavior modification, and hence, perhaps unavoidably, also peer ridicule, will be of benefit to kids with Asperger's or high-functioning autism.

See also:

This place provides an environment which will not have peer ridicule.

:jerry:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Good one!

Let me hip you to something: wherever there are teenaged peers, there is peer ridicule, plain and simple.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline AuntieEm2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 01:03:31 PM »
I'm making things up? That's hilarious coming from you, Whooter.

A respected adolescent psychiatrist in practice at a major university reviewed the Aspen approach and reported to me that it "does not comport with any method we teach or advocate at any credible institution of adolescent psychiatry in the country."

You just hate it that I'm right. Go ahead, blow more smoke now. Blah, blah, blah. Send your links to your bogus studies, blather on in long posts about what a horrible person I am, attack everyone on fornits. Blah, blah, blah.

Auntie Em
Tough love is a hate group.
"I have sworn...eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." -Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2010, 02:20:26 PM »
A respected adolescent psychiatrist in practice at a major university reviewed the Aspen approach and reported to me that it "does not comport with any method we teach or advocate at any credible institution of adolescent psychiatry in the country."

I have spoken to professionals in the field who feel the opposite.  So it goes to show that people are divided on the issue, but there is no reason to be hateful towards others, AuntieEm2.  If you feel a staff person is ridiculing a student then they should be identified and the school should be notified.

You just hate it that I'm right. Go ahead, blow more smoke now. Blah, blah, blah. Send your links to your bogus studies, blather on in long posts about what a horrible person I am, attack everyone on fornits. Blah, blah, blah.

Auntie Em
I don’t really care how you feel, Auntie, I was just saying that you make statements (to degrade people and schools) that you just make up out of thin air, because you are angry, like:

And then you get pissed like you did above when I or anyone else calls you on your BS.

Offline elanasshole

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 02:34:30 PM »

Offline elanasshole

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2010, 02:34:37 PM »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2010, 03:15:50 PM »
I have spoken to professionals in the field who feel the opposite.  So it goes to show that people are divided on the issue, but there is no reason to be hateful towards others, AuntieEm2.  If you feel a staff person is ridiculing a student then they should be identified and the school should be notified.

Auntie Em
I don’t really care how you feel, Auntie, I was just saying that you make statements (to degrade people and schools) that you just make up out of thin air, because you are angry, like:

And then you get pissed like you did above when I or anyone else calls you on your BS.
So ... Auntie Em relates something from her personal experience, and you call it making "statements (to degrade people and schools) that you just make up out of thin air?" Nice...

I'm also not really sure where you get this "when I or anyone else calls you on your BS" with regards to Auntie Em, Whooter, since you're the one who usually gets called on that! Certainly not Auntie Em!

Are you that desperate that you need to distort facts -- and make up imaginary friends -- in order to convince others that you have some credibility here?  :D
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2010, 03:27:14 PM »
"Adolescence may be the most difficult time for an individual with Asperger's or high-functioning autism," explains Tatsapaugh. "In adolescence, social demands become more complex, subtle social cues become more important, and kids with these disorders may have difficulty understanding their peers and the inherent social status structure of high school. Because they are socially naive, the child may not realize when someone is trying to take advantage of them and they can be especially vulnerable to manipulation and peer pressure."

She adds, "This school will be a comfortable place for them to feel safe and be who they are without peer ridicule."
I can't believe how these places actually think that a program environment, one that specifically relies on manipulation and peer pressure to effect behavior modification, and hence, perhaps unavoidably, also peer ridicule, will be of benefit to kids with Asperger's or high-functioning autism.

See also:

:shamrock:  :shamrock:  :shamrock:

One of the best arguments I've seen you make since I've been here. Thank you Ursus.

Danny
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2010, 03:33:18 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"

See also:

This place provides an environment which will not have peer ridicule.

:jerry:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Good one!

Let me hip you to something: wherever there are teenaged peers, there is peer ridicule, plain and simple.

:shamrock:  :shamrock:

Ok hipster but is this being coordinated by the staff, is this a systematic effort by the program to breakdown the kids as part of treatment. NO shit that there is always peer pressure just look here on fornits at what you are doing to Whooter. A systematic coordinated attack to break him down. No wonder you think everyone else is doing it.

Danny

Offline elanasshole

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2010, 03:36:58 PM »
Ok hipster but is this being coordinated by the staff, is this a systematic effort by the program to breakdown the kids as part of treatment. NO shit that there is always peer pressure just look here on fornits at what you are doing to Whooter. A systematic coordinated attack to break him down. No wonder you think everyone else is doing it.

Danny

Spoken like a true ex staffer from ELAN.  Danny, go suck a fat one cock smoker.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 03:41:11 PM »
I'm making things up? That's hilarious coming from you, Whooter.

Auntie Em

:shamrock:  :shamrock:

Ok Auntie Em, now you have to prove it lets see it. Who is this, "respected adolescent psychiatrist in practice at a major university". Who took time out of his busy day just to speak with you about how, "the Aspen approach does not comport with any method we teach or advocate at any credible institution of adolescent psychiatry in the country".
No where in the country, no doubt. Please let us know as soon as you can.

Danny

Offline elanasshole

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2010, 03:45:33 PM »
People don't pay any attention to Danny because he's married at the hip with Whooter now.  Danny feels Whooter is being picked on so he's picking up where Whooter left off.  Keep blowing Whooter out of the water because that's where we need to focus all our energy on.  Danny Bennison  can fuck off.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 03:48:07 PM by elanasshole »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2010, 03:47:28 PM »
So ... Auntie Em relates something from her personal experience, and you call it making "statements (to degrade people and schools) that you just make up out of thin air?" Nice...

No you jumped into the middle of it, Ursus.  Tatsapaugh was explaining the advantages of the new Talisman school….. how it will be unique in that it will serve kids with Aspergers, stating that they would feel safe without peer ridicule.

Usually if people are going to relate something from their personal experience (like you claim AuntieEm did)  they say something like:  “I have talked to people who have gone to Talisman school and….  Or my niece went to Talisman school and the staff ridiculed her etc….”  But her statement was just “made up” and intended to degrade the school and their staff without knowing anything about them.  Not so nice…