Author Topic: Elan discussion from New Forum Policies  (Read 732249 times)

Offline liarsexposed

• View Profile
Re: Elan discussion from New Forum Policies
« Reply #1440 on: August 29, 2010, 08:43:07 PM »
Kinda nasty Marky
I dont go to Blarney's except for a bottle of water once in a while
And Felice
Whatever I write would be useless
Bless you Felice
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: August 29, 2010, 08:45:21 PM »
You don't go to a bar except for a bottle of water once in a while?

This thread needs some kind of archive in mankind's history of epic failure.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline mark babitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: August 30, 2010, 08:53:58 AM »
Quote from: "Pile of Dead Kids"
You don't go to a bar except for a bottle of water once in a while?

This thread needs some kind of archive in mankind's history of epic failure.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Offline Botched Programming

• View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: August 30, 2010, 09:05:17 AM »
Quote from: "liarsexposed"
Kinda nasty Marky
I dont go to Blarney's except for a bottle of water and a big glass of scotch to purify the water once in a while
And Felice
Whatever I write would be useless
Bless you Felice

Please notice in the red print above... I alterd his post to make it read properly...  :seg:

Cheers Arty.... :cheers:

Much peace and healing
 :peace:

Offline liarsexposed

• View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: August 30, 2010, 09:22:34 AM »
Havent had a drink since the early 90's. Just not my deal anymore.
Blarney's is a shithole,and will have to agree with Marky that its too damn hot and "buggy"
Tho I do stop there sometimes, when in the Chain to get a bottle of water
But only if there is an inside slip... Outside slips beat the crap outa my boat
Too many assholes

Offline mark babitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: August 30, 2010, 10:00:55 AM »
Blarney's is a shithole,and will have to agree with Marky that its too damn hot and "buggy"
Too many assholes

In the hay day it was the spot, I use to sell Hailings there cars, I probably spelled the name wrong, Strange family.But Blarney's was the spot, bikinis on the ceiling and all the drunks you could deal with., It hasn't changed much, and boy looking back 20 years it is and was a shit- hole.

Now days with all the cops, and drunk boater's it's not such a great place, no A/C and very hot and stinky.only Porto Johns and no ventilation. But I guess drunks don't pay attention. And it's kind of a novelty to people, not from around here because it's an island. I take a pass, when I troll by it,not interested in the drunkenness and stupidity, I just don't have the patients anymore, and don't need to go to jail for knocking some drunk out . Those days are well behind me, but not forgotten by some.

:rocker:  :rocker:  :cheers:  :cheers:  :cheers:

• View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: August 30, 2010, 10:02:22 AM »
Too many assholes

I understand about the boat... dang this cost too much to get them beat all to hell...I live in FL and seen too many nice boats go down...

PS... Just messing with ya about the scotch... I don't drink and drive my boat either...

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: August 30, 2010, 10:12:07 AM »
http://big1059.com/cc-common/news/secti ... le=7525956

PIC: Yacht Mysteriously Washes Up, Fla. Gulf Coast

The yacht, called Makin Waves, was most recently registered in Delaware.
Thursday, August 26, 2010

A 48-foot yacht has mysteriously run ashore on Florida's Gulf Coast, west of St. Petersburg.

Detectives are still trying to figure out who owns the luxurious 48 Sundancer, which sells for about $1 million new.

No one has reported it lost or stolen. The only sign of foul play was the still-churning engine that propelled the ship onto Redington Beach.

The Coast Guard launched a search by air and sea Wednesday, but suspended it before dusk after nothing turned up.

The yacht, called Makin Waves, was most recently registered in Delaware. A Mexican flag is fixed on the bow, but an American flag flies at the stern.

Investigators found a previous owner, but say the ship probably wasn't registered after the sale and may have changed hands again.

traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: August 30, 2010, 10:13:22 AM »
http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafe ... in/1118336

Rescuers break window to save elderly couple after car goes over Dunedin seawall

By David DeCamp, Times Staff Writer
In Print: Monday, August 30, 2010

DUNEDIN — As his boat started out from Dunedin Marina, Courtney Douthit glanced back to a shock Sunday.

A Mercury Marquis accelerated from a parking space, over the seawall and into the harbor. A couple in their 80s were inside.

Douthit halted his boat and jumped into 6 feet of water. He was joined by two others, and they saved the couple by shattering the car's rear window with a fire extinguisher and their bare hands, and pulling them out as they sank.

"It could have been your grandparents, that's part of the deal," said Douthit, an electrician and part-time fishing guide. "We were there at perfect timing."

Joseph Schlesselman, 89, and his wife, Ruth, 86, had come to the marina Sunday afternoon to watch the boats.

Joseph Schlesselman began to park in a handicapped space, but hit the gas instead of the brake, authorities said. Their car jumped the seawall and landed in an empty boat slip, the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office said.

That triggered a dramatic rescue by Douthit, 32, of Dunedin, Joseph Sentelik, 48, of Land O'Lakes and Eric Corum, 42, of Tarpon Springs.

"Definitely true heroes," said Dunedin Fire Rescue Division Chief Bill McElligott.

Nancy Williams, a manager at the Bon Appetit restaurant across the street, saw the car being parked as she went to a storage room. She heard a scrape and looked again to see the car accelerating over concrete parking blocks. The car teetered on the seawall a moment. Then it gunned into the water.

She said she ran inside, yelling to co-workers to call 911.

As the rescuers tried to get in the car, she ran outside and saw the couple.

"They were trying to keep their mouths open above the water," she said.

Finally, Douthit smashed the rear window with an extinguisher from his boat. Sentelik peeled the shattered glass away with his hands. The rescuers managed to push the seat belt button and pull the couple out.

The husband appeared to have scraped his head and left behind a prosthetic leg, Douthit said.

"I'm an electrician. I see a lot of stuff that could lead to people's deaths, but not that close," he said.

The Sheriff's Office said the couple received minor injuries. A woman who answered the couple's phone declined comment.

Sentelik was cut from the glass and taken to an emergency room for treatment.

Douthit ended his day with his wife, Meredith, and son, Gabriel, 2, the way he had intended.

Fishing.

David DeCamp can be reached at [email protected] or (727) 893-8779.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline mark babitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: August 31, 2010, 08:16:32 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/accidents/rescuers-break-window-to-save-elderly-couple-after-car-goes-over-dunedin/1118336

Rescuers break window to save elderly couple after car goes over Dunedin seawall

DUNEDIN — As his boat started out from Dunedin Marina, Courtney Douthit glanced back to a shock Sunday.

A Mercury Marquis accelerated from a parking space, over the seawall and into the harbor. A couple in their 80s were inside.

Douthit halted his boat and jumped into 6 feet of water. He was joined by two others, and they saved the couple by shattering the car's rear window with a fire extinguisher and their bare hands, and pulling them out as they sank.

"It could have been your grandparents, that's part of the deal," said Douthit, an electrician and part-time fishing guide. "We were there at perfect timing."

Joseph Schlesselman, 89, and his wife, Ruth, 86, had come to the marina Sunday afternoon to watch the boats.

Joseph Schlesselman began to park in a handicapped space, but hit the gas instead of the brake, authorities said. Their car jumped the seawall and landed in an empty boat slip, the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office said.

That triggered a dramatic rescue by Douthit, 32, of Dunedin, Joseph Sentelik, 48, of Land O'Lakes and Eric Corum, 42, of Tarpon Springs.

"Definitely true heroes," said Dunedin Fire Rescue Division Chief Bill McElligott.

Nancy Williams, a manager at the Bon Appetit restaurant across the street, saw the car being parked as she went to a storage room. She heard a scrape and looked again to see the car accelerating over concrete parking blocks. The car teetered on the seawall a moment. Then it gunned into the water.

Finally, Douthit smashed the rear window with an extinguisher from his boat. Sentelik peeled the shattered glass away with his hands. The rescuers managed to push the seat belt button and pull the couple out.

The husband appeared to have scraped his head and left behind a prosthetic leg, Douthit said.

"I'm an electrician. I see a lot of stuff that could lead to people's deaths, but not that close," he said.

The Sheriff's Office said the couple received minor injuries. A woman who answered the couple's phone declined comment.

Douthit ended his day with his wife, Meredith, and son, Gabriel, 2, the way he had intended.

Fishing.

Man that sounds like one terrible time for those folks, Thank God some people were there to help.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: August 31, 2010, 10:54:51 AM »
Quote from: "mark babitz"
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/accidents/rescuers-break-window-to-save-elderly-couple-after-car-goes-over-dunedin/1118336

Fishing.

Man that sounds like one terrible time for those folks, Thank God some people were there to help.

Yeah, you'd be surprised how often this happens down here.  They hit the gas instead of the breaks and either end up in the water or through a storefront.  I really do feel badly for them, but there does come a time when the elderly need to give up their license to drive.  There are a lot of companies that provide low or zero cost transportation for them.

• View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: August 31, 2010, 11:04:09 AM »
Living in FL if you ever go to a Walmart you will see little old people in cars that are banged to hell and you know these people should not even be behind the wheel of a car... Me I live near Dunedin and prior to living here I was in West Palm Beach which is even worse with the Haitians and the old people, neither of which can drive..  ::OMG::

Offline mark babitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: August 31, 2010, 07:58:17 PM »
Here in Chicago, they only go in the water when their pushed, :rofl:  :rofl: , I know in Las Vegas and California it's everyone for themselves. Arizona gets a little harry in the mountains, with the old folks poking along. Like I said, Thank God they weren't hurt bad, :cheers:  :cheers:  :rocker:  :rocker:

Offline mark babitz

• View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: August 31, 2010, 08:11:12 PM »
:cheers:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 08:33:10 PM by mark babitz »

Offline Eliscu2

• New World Order
    • View Profile
nothing
« Reply #1454 on: August 31, 2010, 08:14:55 PM »