Author Topic: Ellen Behren's Industry Study Funded by AEG  (Read 34777 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Ellen Behren's Industry Study Funded by AEG
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2009, 06:23:06 PM »
More gibberish, Reuben.  You get off here by antagonizing people by playing on what you perceive to be their emotions.  Often, it works for you because the folks you're dealing with don't know what a psychopath is.  They incorrectly believe that you are capable of empathizing with their emotions, so they're pawns for you.  Where you encounter difficulty is in dealing with someone who recognizes what particular type of creature you are.  People try to get you to understand their point of view because they think that you're operating with the same emotional and intellectual set-up they are, but you're not.  Your satisfaction from manipulating reactions out of people here is all you're after, and a lot of the posters don't understand that.  But again, because you truly do not understand what human beings experience, and you cannot control yourself, you've put yourself in a position where you're going to fail, and you'll have to abandon this set of pawns and move onto something else.  You're not smart enough to be able to control everyone.  You're just an aberration and a one-trick pony.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 18, 2009, 06:31:48 PM »
I will take that as "we agree" on my last post.  I think you did hit on a little truth and that is nothing is forever and opportunities end and new ones begin.  The main thing is that we all feel we are contributing to a good cause.  We all want what is best for the kids.. we each just see and take a different path.  So I believe your intent is good although you cannot experience hard fast results as I can.  When you see the results of a child who is placed back on a healthy path and is happy again, reunited with their family  it makes you want to do more...... it is a sickness or an addiction ….that we can agree on.  Someday you may get to see a child in need get the help they deserve... until then keep up the good work and I will keep letting you know how it feels to succeed!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2009, 08:15:21 PM »
Failure, Reuben.  You got used to people recoiling from your taunts, and it gave you the reptilian gratification you crave, but what to do when someone doesn't react?  The only move you had was to provoke enragement.  If you don't get the rage response, you don't have another tactic.  You just aren't smart enough.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2009, 08:33:49 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Failure, Reuben.  You got used to people recoiling from your taunts, and it gave you the reptilian gratification you crave, but what to do when someone doesn't react?  The only move you had was to provoke enragement.  If you don't get the rage response, you don't have another tactic.  You just aren't smart enough.

Your right, guest.  I would guess he goes out for a long jog to shake out the tension.  Its hard to break old habits, people trolling him and taunting him and labeling him a Nazi on his user name.  He is use to the angry response and has grown to expect it.  So this is refreshing and new to him.  Being the only pro program parent on a forum like fornits probably took its toll over the years.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 18, 2009, 10:08:34 PM »
I felt a connection developing there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 18, 2009, 11:02:24 PM »
You're boring, Reuben.  You exhausted your repertoire and you aren't smart enough to add anything new.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 18, 2009, 11:22:55 PM »
You're boring, Reuben.  You exhausted your repertoire and you aren't smart enough to add anything new.

Well, you can always go back to trolling smart people who can keep your interest.  Stick with what you do best and within your comfort zone and you will do fine.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2009, 01:53:06 PM »
More drivel, Reuben. You wanted to play Sophist, but you're too dumb.  If you were smart, you could have made arguments that played on ambiguities and argued in favor of tough-love, really playing the posters here.   You're too stupid to establish and back-up a sound argument, so you resorted to your extremely limited range of responses, and you made yourself look like a fool.  Worse than a psychopath, you're a poseur.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2009, 02:17:01 PM »
More drivel, Reuben. You wanted to play Sophist, but you're too dumb.  If you were smart, you could have made arguments that played on ambiguities and argued in favor of tough-love, really playing the posters here.   You're too stupid to establish and back-up a sound argument, so you resorted to your extremely limited range of responses, and you made yourself look like a fool.  Worse than a psychopath, you're a poseur.

I think that is one of the strengths the open forum here on fornits.  It allows you to get your anger out and really lay into someone you disagree with.  At the end of the day everyone has had a chance to speak their mind and feels happy.  No one goes home angry.  I guess maybe that is why I am drawn to this site... sort of like a program, everyone gets to talk about their issues and feels better when they are done.  Never really thought of it that way before today...... this has been a good discussion, guest, seems we both were able to gather a new perspective.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2009, 02:33:09 PM »

100% agree.  Plus he poses as all sorts of people.  TheWho (Reuben) is the previous poster as well.  He has over fifty separate identities here at Fornits.  Don't be fooled by his nonsense.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2009, 12:42:05 PM »
Quote from: "Carpenter"
Again.  This is not a few years ago, this is last year, we should take another look at the dates on the lawsuit.  It seems we may be able to encourage if not effect litigation on this forum.

http://web.archive.org/web/200802241410 ... r-edu.html

Quote from: "AEG"
SUWS of the Carolinas - Old Fort, North Carolina

SUWS of the Carolinas is a therapeutic wilderness program with a focus on clinical intervention and assessment. The program uses the outdoors as an alternative to conventional treatment environments, while engaging students using traditional therapeutic methods. The wilderness setting removes modern distractions, simplifies choices and teaches valuable lessons. As a result, students begin to accept responsibility for personal decisions, address individual and family issues, and become invested in their own personal growth. Since 1981, SUWS programs have provided essential guidance and support to thousands of misdirected and at-risk adolescents. SUWS of the Carolinas specializes in the assessment and treatment of students ages 13-17.

Great post, thanks.  This is what I am  talking about, this is current information.  I believe they also have a better than 90% success rate at SUWS of the carolinas.  Many of these kids are turned around within a few weeks which is great option for many families and kids who do not need the benefit of a longer termed program or boarding solution.

Link

While you are on-line check out their independent studies on Wilderness programs.  It is quite impressive.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2009, 12:56:15 PM »
Quote from: "Carpenter"
Again.  This is not a few years ago, this is last year, we should take another look at the dates on the lawsuit.  It seems we may be able to encourage if not effect litigation on this forum.

http://web.archive.org/web/200802241410 ... r-edu.html

Quote from: "AEG"
SUWS of the Carolinas - Old Fort, North Carolina

SUWS of the Carolinas is a therapeutic wilderness program with a focus on clinical intervention and assessment. The program uses the outdoors as an alternative to conventional treatment environments, while engaging students using traditional therapeutic methods. The wilderness setting removes modern distractions, simplifies choices and teaches valuable lessons. As a result, students begin to accept responsibility for personal decisions, address individual and family issues, and become invested in their own personal growth. Since 1981, SUWS programs have provided essential guidance and support to thousands of misdirected and at-risk adolescents. SUWS of the Carolinas specializes in the assessment and treatment of students ages 13-17.

Great post, thanks.  This is what I am  talking about, this is current information.  I believe they also have a better than 90% success rate at SUWS of the carolinas.  Many of these kids are turned around within a few weeks which is great option for many families and kids who do not need the benefit of a longer termed program or boarding solution.

Link

While you are on-line check out their independent studies on Wilderness programs.  It is quite impressive.

I thought this place was in Idaho?

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2009, 01:01:14 PM »
Here this kid mentions Idaho:

"I went through your program when I was 15 yrs old, I am now 32. I truly believe in this program and wanted to share with any reluctant parent out there my experience. I was a run away, rebelious teen with a major attitude and respect problem when I was shipped to a little town called Bliss in Idaho. After going through this program, I had a 100% turn around. Today, I have a wonderful family, and a good life. I look back fondly on those days and wouldn't trade it for the world. I believe I wouldn't be who I am today if my parents didn't send me there."

~SUWS Student

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
pancakes... oh shit.. i mean..
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2009, 01:02:37 PM »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2009, 01:30:11 PM »
One of the questions I have with this:

Aspen Education Group has participated in multiple independent research studies to ensure that we provide the most cutting-edge, evidence-based therapeutic practices and clinical models within each of our programs. As the leading provider of therapeutic education programs for youth and young adults, we feel it is our responsibility to measure the effectiveness of our methods and the sustainability of our results.

Has anyone seen the completed Studies?