Author Topic: How come I never see Jesus Fish on expensive cars?  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
How come I never see Jesus Fish on expensive cars?
« on: September 19, 2009, 10:56:00 AM »
I have yet to see a Jesus Fish on a BMW or a Hummer. I always see them on beat up old cars, sometimes with a bunch of other bumper stickers talking about Jesus. I know the stereotypical conclusion might be, oh.. Christians are stupid, stupid people are poor, therefore cheaper cars have more Jesus Fish. Or it could be that people with expensive cars don't want to mess up the paint or exterior and mess up resale value. I haven't really figured this out. But I suggest you also keep your eye out for Jesus Fish and take notice as to what type of vehicle they are attached to. Why do you think Jesus Fish are mostly on old beat up cars and not new ones?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: How come I never see Jesus Fish on expensive cars?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 05:04:22 PM »
I see "jesus fish" ( the ichthus) on all kinds of cars, beaters, luxury, all kinds. What i notice is that they all seem to REALLY need his help when driving!
Donno why that is, , and I'm one of them. Christian, that is, as unpopular as that is on this forum. I even see tham on 'pimp' wagons'.. yeah, that one fools the cops!

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 06:50:01 PM »
It messes up the paint job underneath.  That's probably why.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 06:57:37 PM »
Quote from: "guest agahst"
I see "jesus fish" ( the ichthus) on all kinds of cars, beaters, luxury, all kinds. What i notice is that they all seem to REALLY need his help when driving!
Donno why that is, , and I'm one of them. Christian, that is, as unpopular as that is on this forum. I even see tham on 'pimp' wagons'.. yeah, that one fools the cops!
Well.  I wouldn't necessarily say Christianity is unpopular with the majority of posters here.  I could be wrong but I'd wager that if you set up a poll most would be neutral (of course it all depends on how you frame the question).  Every religion has it's positive and negative points.  Even those who dislike Christianity would probably all agree that you have the right to believe in or practice whatever you choose so long as your actions don't infringe on the rights of others.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 01:16:08 AM »
dear psy you sound like a a mega-religionist, one whose prime virtue is tolerance.( no this is not directed primarily at you, if i hit, consider yourself collateral damage)
If, in fact you consider all religions to be valid, if in fact, you have adopted a poorly understood ' einstinean moral -relatavistic point of view, where every point geometrically is equal to every other point geometrically' then i suggest you've a poorly formed mental universe.

If every action is equal to every other action morally speaking, what then? If all things are true, is anything true?
If, you believe truly that all roads are roads to God, well, maybe have breakfast with the Aztec, call me after.
( I hope I hit)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 01:35:42 AM »
What would be interesting is to see a jebus fish next to a "fuck jesus" bumper sticker.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Fuck Freud
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 02:26:46 AM »
“Fuck Jesus”. I had a dream where that almost happened once. Really we only freaked a bit (me n’ Jesus). We were back stage at a concert and in the dream, I didn’t actually believe it was him at first. I was like “no way, but okay he’s cute”, which is weird ‘cause I’m not really into the super skinny long haired guy type….anyway…we got along and one thing lead to another...
When I woke up I was tripped out by this dream and I felt kind of bad…which is also weird ‘cause I’m not even particularly religious and if you think about it would probably flatter Christ that I would let him feel me up in a dream…right?

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 03:49:58 AM »
ummmmm............

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 10:54:13 AM »
Quote from: "guest agahst"
dear psy you sound like a a mega-religionist, one whose prime virtue is tolerance.( no this is not directed primarily at you, if i hit, consider yourself collateral damage)
If, in fact you consider all religions to be valid,

Well. I consider them all to be BS for the most part, but they're still valid belief systems.

If every action is equal to every other action morally speaking, what then? If all things are true, is anything true?

Sure there is absolute truth, but you're never going to get people to agree on what that is.  (truth exists, but it cannot be known)  Until that point, let people make their own choices and respect them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Fuck Freud
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 01:22:10 PM »
Quote from: "Dora the freaky jesus dream explorer"
“Fuck Jesus”. I had a dream where that almost happened once. Really we only freaked a bit (me n’ Jesus). We were back stage at a concert and in the dream, I didn’t actually believe it was him at first. I was like “no way, but okay he’s cute”, which is weird ‘cause I’m not really into the super skinny long haired guy type….anyway…we got along and one thing lead to another...
When I woke up I was tripped out by this dream and I felt kind of bad…which is also weird ‘cause I’m not even particularly religious and if you think about it would probably flatter Christ that I would let him feel me up in a dream…right?
I guess the point of that story might be, if you haven’t found Jesus yet, he just might come looking for you. ‘Course then you’ve got to ask yourself “well how many has he done this with and why is some two thousand year old guy (deity or not) leching on me?”
If you find yourself backstage with some somewhat mysteriously attractive stranger who wants to get to “know” you (even biblically), ask yourself WWJD?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 11:18:19 PM »
Come on, psy! how can they be both B.S. and valid belief systems at the same time.... there is effective, and there is valid. For example, I had a domestic dispute with my wife the other day, so i detonated a kiloton warhead( just a litlte one you know) in the basement.( she was on the phone to her girlfriends at the time and doing her nails , i think) Any way, that was effective as hell for ending the dispute, but in retrospect, i ask myself, morally was it valid? Gosh what do you think?
As for me, I know the N.B.C. response guys are pissed as hell at me. Ya know?

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 10:59:07 AM »
My favorite jesus-thing I ever saw was a graphic depicting Jesus' face, with the world COCKBLOCKER underneath it.

If the rich folks dont want to ruin their paint job, they can always get one of those silkscreen decals of something like this..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 11:49:11 AM »
HEY.. "castle" The meek shall inherit the earth is a mis -translation.. from the aramaic, greek and antique hebrew it is actually much closer in meaning to the french "debonaire' not meaning witless, but meaning much closer to the modern english "happy-go-lucky"
If you're gonna mock the bible. mock it for the right reasons, O.K.? see, "happy go lucky " paints a very different picture of earth's future than does a world teeming with "vanilla nice", meek people.
Nice-ness is so often a mask for evil, that's why Christ himself so often  mocked the "front -pew" ladies of his day. It didn't stand him well, socially.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 12:24:41 PM »
Quote from: "guest 007"
HEY.. "castle" The meek shall inherit the earth is a mis -translation.. from the aramaic, greek and antique hebrew it is actually much closer in meaning to the french "debonaire' not meaning witless, but meaning much closer to the modern english "happy-go-lucky"
If you're gonna mock the bible. mock it for the right reasons, O.K.? see, "happy go lucky " paints a very different picture of earth's future than does a world teeming with "vanilla nice", meek people.
Nice-ness is so often a mask for evil, that's why Christ himself so often  mocked the "front -pew" ladies of his day. It didn't stand him well, socially.

jesus christ man, chill.

My sig is referencing a saying. You seem to be the only one who connected it to the bible. I however, did not, else, there would be some sort of numbers thing on the end. I don't care where it came from originally.  I dont have anything against the meek, or the happy go lucky, or people who still wear digital watches, all's Im saying is, they're borrowing the earth from the bugs.

We all are.

My fascination with the phylum of arthropod has nothing to do with the bible, regardless of what you or the bible have to say about it, although I think Ramses II probably saw their power firsthand. (what is this? first we get the gnats and now the locusts?)

My point is, bugs own the world. They were here before us, they will be here long after we are gone. We are merely renting/borrowing/what have you. Anyone who says otherwise is full of frass.

This conversation has 0 to do with your emo boy jesus, just so we're clear... except for what I just said.... and the expletive at the start of this post... that too. BUT NOTHING ELSE.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2009, 12:52:40 PM »
HEY Castle! How dare you use a word such as "frass" in this forum!!!! or anywhere really, for that matter.
The bible, and christ fascinate me truly.. and as you say, the bugs were here before us, and will be here after the obama regime.
It's odd, if true, the bible, and bugs are odd and fascinating. J.B.S. Haldane, a naturalist, was once asked about what he could discern about God from the study of nature. Haldane replied that " the creator must have loved beetles, he created so very many of them" good answer, I think.
There is a guy in D.C., smithsonian, who has created analog 'bugs'... analog, not digital. most everybody has been modeling digital bugs, but he found that digital models were unable to respond to a changing, un -mapped world, yet analogs were. I'm probably not explaining it well, so, apologies ( just don't never say "frass agin, boy... not in this county! ) Anyhow, any ways, for me it's a very workable model of conciousness. you add layer upon layer of analog circuits, and eventually, Voila! the hand of God touches man in the Sistine chapel! Clear? or NO? in my view, eventually the total is greater than the sum of addition, unknown multilpiers, get it? thus my fascination with Christ and the bible.