Author Topic: Major Survivor Announcement  (Read 6383 times)

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Major Survivor Announcement
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2003, 10:21:00 AM »
YEAH...spelling matters.  Takes a real special type of person to read through posts and find nothing more to say about them than that they contain typos. I almost wince when I read that garbage.  YUK YUK YUK....you kaint spell fer shit!

Moron.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2003, 10:33:00 AM »
Yes, because other than the typo, that post sounded very credible.  :roll:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2003, 11:57:00 AM »
On 2003-08-28 23:54:00, METALGOD8 wrote:

"Antigen, why did you post this: "Forget about ISAC and whatever." Please clarify your statement.

MG8 :smokin: "

In case you hadn't noticed, some people find your credibility so weak that, if you said the sky was often blue, they'd have to go check.

Now, that said and in the interest of trying to keep some semblance of peace (or at least distance from drama) here's what I think.

Ya'll are doing some good and worthwhile things and I'm grateful. You're also too often too impetuous, too hostile and too ready to throw down with anyone who doesn't see things just exactly your way. I'm unwilling to throw down with anyone unless the prize is worth the risk and the odds of winning something for my trouble are at least reasonable. Life's just too short.

So, what I'm saying is that, despite the fact that ISAC says so and that a lot of people would file that factoid on the negative side of the equation, this is for real and, imo, very much worthwhile.

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is
proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in
everlasting ignorance- that principle is contempt prior to investigation.
--Herbert Spencer

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2003, 12:18:00 PM »
On 2003-08-29 00:41:00, Dr. Frank'nFurter wrote:

Had I known that Melvin was actually stupid enough to publicly disclose that his own lawyer is none other than Leonard Englander, I could have come forth with information much, much sooner.  

Doggone it, Dr.! Check it out
http://fornits.com/anonanon/#fay

The internet interprets censorship as damage and routes around it.
--John Gilmour

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2003, 05:39:00 PM »
I am still a little unclear as to what you are saying, Antigen. What's the prize you seek this time around? We "threw down" together on Seeber there at OW Online and other places too. You didn't have any apparent qualms about that, where's that trophy? We didn't get one, and I wasn't expecting one either. Who is it that you say sees so little credibility? You? Who else? I'd really like to know and don't beat around the bush. You have voiced some strong sounding opinions and I find them to be, at best, very controversial. I agree, we should remain calm cool and collected here.

MG8 :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2003, 06:27:00 PM »
On 2003-08-29 14:39:00, METALGOD8 wrote:

"I am still a little unclear as to what you are saying, Antigen. What's the prize you seek this time around? We "threw down" together on Seeber there at OW Online and other places too. You didn't have any apparent qualms about that, where's that trophy? We didn't get one, and I wasn't expecting one either. Who is it that you say sees so little credibility? You? Who else? I'd really like to know and don't beat around the bush. You have voiced some strong sounding opinions and I find them to be, at best, very controversial. I agree, we should remain calm cool and collected here.

MG8 :smokin:  "

Perfect example.  :idea:
Have some respect, please. You are the ones who choose to segregate yourselves, and then you ask, what did we do? I mean c'mon, when it's about legal things like this, could you keep the personal bullshit off the boards? Act somewhat professional for once. ISAC always comes across as an organization of greedy kids trying to take credit where it really isn't due. Now, if your job is to inform then inform! If you need to settle something with Ginger, do it in a PM! Do you really want ISAC to lose more credibility than it already has because you guys have no idea how to conduct yourselves socially? This is not about you and Ginger. It's about us as survivors. No-one is going to forget what happened months ago if you keep acting the same way. Besides, if it weren't for Ginger's web-site, you wouldn't be able to advertise all over the board would you?

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2003, 09:18:00 PM »
Why is it that when announcements are made in good faith to inform survivors of straight and other programs, people come on here right off the bat, and say insulting things and make snide remarks, take truth and bend it into rumor and just plain make nuisances of themselves? Maybe they should practice what they preach. Apparently some people just have to be difficult. I have seen the power of this board and all it can help and hurt. What else is left??? I think it is time for a break.  

MG8 :smokin:  :wave:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2003, 01:46:00 AM »
On 2003-08-29 14:39:00, METALGOD8 wrote:

"I am still a little unclear as to what you are saying, Antigen. What's the prize you seek this time around?

MG8 :smokin:  "

Melvin and Betty Sembler under deposition. You?

As your attorney, it is my duty to inform you that it is not important that you understand what I'm doing or why you're paying me so much money.  What's important is that you continue to do so.
--Hunter S. Thompson's Samoan Attorney

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2003, 01:17:00 PM »
Please see

An outline of the global reach of the Drug Free America Foundation or
Mel Sembler's plan to make all 16 year-olds pay drug testers for the right to drive
by Wesley Fager © 2003

http://thestraights.com/drugpolicy.htm

A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question
about it.
--GW Büsh, Business Week, July 30, 2001

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2003, 02:08:00 PM »
I was on the DFAF site the other day. I saw that and was repulsed.  :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2003, 02:15:00 PM »
You know, I am sick and fucking tired of some people around here. Plain and simple, ISAAC acts like a bunch of progam rejects trying to start their own cult.

Before ISAAC and their merry bunch of social rejects came along, people actually tried to respect each other and work towards a common goal of bringing to the public's attention the real truth behind the program and the ensuing problems of locking a kid up in cultic "treatment". Then all of a sudden, we have black limos, attempted kidnappings, people short sheeting their beds and stealing their DNA, and all sorts of conspiracy bullshit that lacks in any crediblity and smacks of mental illness and social retardation.

ISAAC may wonder why after all their hard work and research, why almost no one with any juice in the survivor movement will associate their name with thr organization. Well, I came sum it up for you with Two things:

1) read the above paragraph
2) re-read the above paragraph.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2003, 02:32:00 PM »
Allright, I keep telling myself that I'm just going to stay out of this, but alas, I cannot, lol. Us Aries people are born fighters. As long as we believe in the fight, that is. If you're going to start talking trash about ISAC, please specify what you are referring to with "all sorts of conspiracy bullshit that lacks in any crediblity and smacks of mental illness and social retardation." Is ISAC stating things that aren't true? If so, let us know what they are. Be specific, lol. To tell you the truth, I help out w/ ISAC research a little, but I'm not up on "all the latest" by any means, unless someone talks about it here and I happen to read it. What's so bad about ISAC? Who are you? Oo Oo, Oo Oo...  :lol:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2003, 03:04:00 PM »
I don't give a flyin' run at a rollin' doughnut. The only thing I know of that this thread has to do with ISAC is that ISAC posted the info. That's a good thing!! Thank you ISAC!!

In all seriousness, I was just about at the point where I was going to start actively looking for some other geek to take over hosting some of these forums when I got the news. I'm like a triangle player in this band. I have one note only and this is my cue. So, for the forseeable future, these forums will remain relatively ad free and unrestrained on the fornits server. There's only one reason for that; this is the only place I know of where so many people interested in so many different issues have come together in one place all tied by the same common threads.

Most WWASP people probably don't get it, but they have a vested interest in the looming battle between Richard Bradbury and Smell and Batty.

Elan people have an interest.

Seed people, not only have an interest, but might well stumble into whatever happened to dear old _____ by paying close attention to this action.

Drug policy reformers of almost all stripe, local, national and international (except for the die-hard devotees to "treatment not incarceration") have a vested interest in the outcome of this little teapot tempest.

Hell, civic communities like mine, for whom the area drug task forces, Zero Thought piss testing programs and DARE are viewed as just what we needed and finally we're catching up to the rest of the world need to understand what scheisters and thugs their new friens really are.

I intend to do all I can to try and explain to all these people why this is important to them. I intend to spend 0 (zero) time and effort trying to explain anything about ISAC.

After that, I don't know. We'll just have to wait and see.

The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.  
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/188301123X/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>George Washington

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2003, 04:10:00 PM »
Go Richard!  You have got BALLS!
Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato