Author Topic: Mid American Turns Kids Over to Mormons  (Read 18698 times)

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
Mid American Turns Kids Over to Mormons
« Reply #90 on: November 10, 2004, 11:24:00 AM »
Anyone who can buy what the book of mormon says is a fucking retard.
  The entire thing is just ridiculous and Joseph SMith or whatever his name was ...was a scam artist/ nutcase.
  Obvious fairy tale....I guess some people will buy anything. :rofl:
  Ive heard some pretty silly religious ideas...but Mormon takes the cake.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 10, 2004, 11:49:00 AM »
The Mormon Church - or Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has nothing to do with this industry.  Some of the facilities in Utah are owned or staffed by people of that faith (because it is the predominant religion in Utah) but that is the extent of it. I don't think people should bash the religion - because it has nothing at all to do with this industry. There are thousands of programs in the USA and most are not opperated by Mormons - only a few in the State of Utah.....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 10, 2004, 11:54:00 AM »
I don't have a problem with the Mormon religion per se, but I've yet to see a "faith based" treatment center that does not employ some kind of destructive form of behavior modification.  If all these "experts" are claiming that addiction is a disease then why would religion even enter into it?  Do you send a diabetic patient to church for "treatment"?????  But, that gets into the whole other issue of addiction as a disease theory which I highly question in the first place.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 10, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?mo ... t=70&Sort=

I think Anon on page 8 has shown how the church could put an end to the abuse in Utah.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 10, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »
Deborah,
Please drop the whole Mormons=bad treatment center crap. For someone who wants all sex offenders to have so many rights your sure hardcore against the Mormons. I am shocked. Wasn't most of your arguement based on sexual misconduct condoned by the Church? Don't forget these people have rights and we should all cry and feel sorry for them. After all they were probably victimized themselves at one time.

Poor Mormons  :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2005, 02:56:00 AM »
PCS claims to have no affiliation w/ any church or religion.  This is simply not true.

Mormon church services are provided every Sunday at PCS, and students sort of encouraged to attend.  For the girls who were on "investment" unit (where they are forced to stand for hours and hours, staring at a wall, doing nothing), attending church was a welcome break, the only activity they were allowed to participate in.

*More than a few* girls actually "converted" while at PCS!  Yes, PCS had NO SHAME, no problem converting and baptizing MINORS!  all while claiming to be a secular institution. :skull:

So, yeah, I do think (these particular) Mormons were dangerous and out of line.  

Megan Flynn

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2005, 07:38:00 AM »
On 2004-11-08 15:19:00, redtail wrote:

In addition, I would say that one of the directors of our company placed himself at risk at the Challenger and North Star programs when he worked there.  If those programs would have listened to his warnings, several deaths would have been avoided.  He testified against them, he is nominally at least Mormon.  One of his associates, a Mormon woman at our company, also worked at some of the early, dangerous companies and has greatly supported my employment because of my attentiveness to safety concerns.  I certainly agree that the company I work with has room for improvement, i could certainly use more training as could other staff.  I just spent two days of training with the company in appropriate handling of unusual occurences.  I have told more fully my story on the thread about youth camping programs.  

What is the name of the director you refer to in the above referenced paragraph?

Shayne?  Mike?  Blaine?

And the woman?  Who would that be?

Thanks,

:grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2005, 10:12:00 AM »
Is it illegal to baptize and indoctrinate children (minors) into a church without parents' permission/ or without regard for parents' wishes in the matter??

Megan Flynn

*Yet another example of the shadyness of the goings-on at Provo Canyon School.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2005, 10:15:00 AM »
Maybe I should have (at least threatened to) convert and get baptized into Mormon church, while at Provo canyon School.  

Maybe that would have served as a "red-flag" to my parents and relatives, and maybe they would have investigated a little more than they did before sending me there.  

Megan Flynn

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »
Just checking that my account works.
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2005, 10:20:00 AM »
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 05, 2007, 10:49:33 PM »
Abuse lawsuit alleges widespread problems with Mormons, Boy Scouts
By William McCall
Associated Press
Published: Oct. 4, 2007 9:14 a.m. MDT
132 comments E-MAIL | PRINT | FONT + -  

PORTLAND, Ore. — A $25 million sex abuse lawsuit against the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the Boy Scouts of America filed Wednesday alleges that child abuse has been widespread since the 1960s and little was done to prevent it.

The new lawsuit also claims the church and the Scouts "knew that assignments were being used by pedophiles to victimize children...."

Kelly Clark, the attorney who filed the complaint on behalf of six men now in their 40s, called it an "infestation of child abuse, stretching across the country, involving hundreds of predators and thousands of children."

Clark also said the LDS Church and the Boy Scouts "failed miserably to take responsible steps to clean up their organizations."

Stephen English, a Portland attorney for the LDS Church, said only one individual was accused of abuse in the complaint — the same man as a previous lawsuit.

"The LDS Church has always adamantly condemned child abuse and we will thoroughly investigate these allegations," English said.

A Scouts spokeswoman in Portland said officials had not seen the lawsuit and had no immediate comment.

Clark noted there is a strong relationship between Mormons and the Scouts, with the church sponsoring 28 percent of all Scout units nationally in 2006.

Clark has represented dozens of alleged abuse victims in successful lawsuits against the Roman Catholic Church, and he said the problems alleged in the complaint against the LDS Church and the Scouts "at least rival ones we've seen in the Catholic Church."

The new lawsuit adds four men to a previous complaint by two brothers who claim they were molested by a former LDS Church teacher and Scout leader. The men allege they were abused in the 1980s by Timur Dykes, a former Boy Scouts leader and a Mormon Sunday school teacher.

Dykes has several child sex abuse convictions and is listed by the state as a predatory sex offender.

Efforts to reach Dykes were not successful. County probation officials said they would leave him a message seeking comment.

The Web site for the Multnomah County Department of Community Justice Parole & Probation notes that "Dykes gains access to victims through positions of trust (Boy Scouts, church membership, befriending single mothers); targets vulnerable boys and families; has used intimidation and threats to maintain victim compliance."

The LDS Church has been ordered to turn over extensive financial records in another sex abuse lawsuit filed by Clark, and the Oregon Supreme Court rejected a church appeal.

Clark said settlement talks are continuing in that case.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700