Author Topic: AARC Scampede Cultjam  (Read 9511 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: AARC Scampede Cultjam
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2009, 07:32:14 PM »
It seems pretty obvious to me why ajax is here. If someone you cared about was forced into a cult and abused, don't you think that would motivate you to do some research and try to expose the issue? Ajax has done his research and, in my opinion, can grasp what really goes on there more easily than some of us because he hasn't ever been brainwashed into thinking that he wouldn't be alive if not for the AARC family. Rather than criticizing how ajax exposes AARC, it would be more helpful if you debated specific facts that he points out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Guest44431444

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2009, 07:54:30 PM »
Ajax13 - No, you have made careless accusations about shit you don't know a damn thing about - that's what's got me going.

Again - you have NO experience in any program - so I am troubled as to why you post here? You don't even defend your position as to why you are here.

Like I said earlier, is it just easier for you to bully people behind a monitor - too scared to go out and face the real world?

Still awaiting your threatening PM - I didn't post the last one as it just wasn't quite threatening enough.

Guest44431444

Offline Guest44431444

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2009, 07:57:19 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Rather than criticizing how ajax exposes AARC, it would be more helpful if you debated specific facts that he points out.

If he had not attacked me out of the gate and accused me of being "staff" or "former staff", "cult" or "AARColyte" - there may have been a possibility for a productive fact debate.

It has proven the it is incapable of handling a two sided debate - ajax13 is right no matter what anyone says.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2009, 08:02:36 PM »
Quote from: "Guest44431444"
Rather than criticizing how ajax exposes AARC, it would be more helpful if you debated specific facts that he points out.

If he had not attacked me out of the gate and accused me of being "staff" or "former staff", "cult" or "AARColyte" - there may have been a possibility for a productive fact debate.

It has proven the it is incapable of handling a two sided debate - ajax13 is right no matter what anyone says.

From what I understand, guest, you are not supportive of aarc, just opposed to be being personally insulted. Is that correct? Do you feel people are systematically imprisoned and abused at the AARC?

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2009, 08:09:50 PM »
Poor confused AARColyte.  If it's dribble and a waste of your time, it makes no sense to repeatedly post in your lame attempt to..well, I don't really know what you're trying to do, anymore than you seem to.  Like all AARColytes, lying comes easily to you, but critical thinking does not.  Do you feel that I've threatened you?  If you did, I would have thought that you'd make a police complaint.  AARColytes have tried that in the past, but sadly, since I haven't threatened you nor any other AARColyte, it all ended with a whimper rather than a bang.  Now you suggested taking this offline, and because I find you particularly objectionable AARColyte, feel free to pursue that if you wish, but please use the PM if you're serious.
Aside from the fact that I think you're former staff, I haven't made any other accusations, careless or otherwise.  You will have to forgive me if I've mistaken you for another one of your fellow sect members.  As you've all demonsntrated deceitfulness, self-contradiction, an inability to act in a rational manner, and disdain for those who challenge the belief in your sect, it's difficult to tell one of you from another.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline Guest44431444

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2009, 08:12:58 PM »
Supportive - absolutely not!

I think AARC needs to be shuttered and Vause thrown in jail for the bullshit that goes on behind closed doors.

With what I experienced and witnessed while I was at AARC is nothing short of abuse, that's a fact.

RAPS were abusive, made to shame young kids into thinking that they were complete failures and without AARC, they'd never get anywhere in life.

We were kept from medications if needed, visits to the doctor if needed, were impossible to get and education was a reward that had to be earned after they broke you down.

I can remember plenty of RAPS where Dr. Clause would yell and scream while spitting his gob into peoples face - I still have visions of his yelling red face and the infamous water bottle tossing  - it was the most demeaning and abusive form of recovery I ever saw.

He had girls talking about their prostitution experiences in gory details in front of group without any consideration to their feelings - and I remember Jana just sitting in the corner almost laughing while we spilt our guts. It almost felt like they got gratification from watching people turn from normal kids into absolute wrecks at 16, 17, 18, etc...

Bottom line - it's "legal" child abuse.

Guest44431444

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2009, 08:43:10 PM »
"If there are so called graduates of AARC and people who never really struggled with addiction but were forced to attend the center, then those people should be able to conduct themselves in such a way that there can be some insightful posts so that both sides are presented.
Enjoy the day!
Guest44431444"
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27646&p=333154#p333154

On one side, we have the fact that AARC is a cult that falsely diagnoses people as addicts, illegally keeps them against their will, subjects them to a dangerous quack treatment regimen that serves to break them down, in order to produce conformity to the will of the cult leader, thus garnering the leader money and power.
There is nothing legal about it.

What's the other side?
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

Canadian West."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2009, 08:51:14 PM »

I think AARC needs to be shuttered and Vause thrown in jail for the bullshit that goes on behind closed doors.

With what I experienced and witnessed while I was at AARC is nothing short of abuse, that's a fact.

RAPS were abusive, made to shame young kids into thinking that they were complete failures and without AARC, they'd never get anywhere in life.

We were kept from medications if needed, visits to the doctor if needed, were impossible to get and education was a reward that had to be earned after they broke you down.

I can remember plenty of RAPS where Dr. Clause would yell and scream while spitting his gob into peoples face - I still have visions of his yelling red face and the infamous water bottle tossing  - it was the most demeaning and abusive form of recovery I ever saw.

He had girls talking about their prostitution experiences in gory details in front of group without any consideration to their feelings - and I remember Jana just sitting in the corner almost laughing while we spilt our guts. It almost felt like they got gratification from watching people turn from normal kids into absolute wrecks at 16, 17, 18, etc...

Guest44431444

Then why make fun of the few people who had the courage to stand outside of AARC with signs in an attempt to stop kids from having to go through that? What they did took guts, even more so considering that there was a small number of them. I have to say, it is a little hard to tell which team you're playing for. If you really understand that what happens at AARC is "legal" child abuse, it's black or white. You either love it or you're repulsed by it. Anyone who says that the truth is in the grey area just doesn't get it.

Offline Guest44431444

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2009, 08:51:48 PM »
I guess you'd have to let someone from the other side chime in ajax13

Guest44431444

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2009, 09:04:49 PM »
AARC is a socio-religious group falsely diagnosing people as addicts, using behaviour modification to make them compliant, as a means to garner power and wealth for the leader of the group.  What takes place in AARC is not "recovery", it is thought reform as a tool for producing more cult members, both among parents and clients.
It is not legal and since the clients aren't addicts, it isn't addiction treatment.  
What is the other side?  You claimed that there was another side, just as you inferred that AARC could help some people, just not Anthony.  
You very clearly stated that there is another side, since you stated that people had a different opinion than you because you stayed clean.
So what is that other side?

Canadian West."

Offline Guest44431444

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2009, 09:06:33 PM »
Who made fun of them - I said I was embarrassed for them and questioned why the didn't stand on the opposite side of the chain link fence instead of hanging by finger tips with signs in hand.

Why did they not protest on the main drag where they would have cause a lot more friction and got cult members to second guess their affiliation? To me - it was a waste of time to protest to traffic flying by at 80 - 100km/hr...

Which side am I on? I am on the truth side, the abuse needs to stop, no question there - but the BS that goes on here with regards to the way individuals treat, accuse and chastise former AARC members. Because I chose to stay clean after I left AARC instantly put me in peoples' radar as a "staff" member or "former staff" member or "AARColyte".

You want to protest - I'd gladly join, without question, but the coordinator of the protests and stopaarc.org is the crusader for legalized pot, to me, that's just hypocritical - lends absolutely no credibility - but that is ONLY MY opinion.

You want to talk - I'd gladly talk about my time in AARC, what I saw, what I was subjected too, why I left, etc.

Guest44431444

Offline Guest44431444

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2009, 09:10:12 PM »
ajax13 - I am sure there are AARC trolls here that will tell you how great it was.

As for you - I am done.

Perhaps if you had a reason to be here, I'd gladly let you bull-bait me, but you don't.

Enjoy the day.

Guest44431444

Offline wdtony

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfctruth.com
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2009, 09:12:14 PM »
Regardless of what you folks are fighting about, I am just very happy that AARC has been protested and will be protested in the future.

This is really great. I just like to basque in the thought that AARC is being confronted with protestors, which is ironic since kids in the program are forced to confront one another. Maybe Vausy can dish it out but can't take it. He seems like a bully and a coward since I haven't heard a peep from him defending his precious AARC but he has no trouble bullying kids he has complete control over.

As far as my request, sometimes media about these events gets taken down quickly or changed. I would like to collect and preserve this information before it disappears, if it hasn't already. Also, the links may not be up yet, which in that case we will just have to wait.
Pathway Family Center Truth = http://www.pfctruth.com

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2009, 09:16:49 PM »

Guest44431444

Then why make fun of the few people who had the courage to stand outside of AARC with signs in an attempt to stop kids from having to go through that? What they did took guts, even more so considering that there was a small number of them. I have to say, it is a little hard to tell which team you're playing for. If you really understand that what happens at AARC is "legal" child abuse, it's black or white. You either love it or you're repulsed by it. Anyone who says that the truth is in the grey area just doesn't get it.
It’s not ‘black or white’ for many teens who survive abuse of this magnitude. You should know that.

If this guy is willing to submit testimony of abuse, I cannot imagine why you would denounce him as the "other" because of the possibility he has a different view point on some of his own experiences than you want him to. Simply from a practical standpoint, doing so only alienates an ally. From a moral standpoint, you simply have no right to treat someone like that. Disagree, sure. But calling him stupid and an “AARColyte” and "staff" is disgraceful.

He has the right to his own mind, and you don't have the right to abuse him over it. Abuse is black and white issue, but survivors should not be viewed in "black or white" terms, in which they must either effuse over the effectiveness of protests, denounce every part of their past, or be termed  "aarcolytes."

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2009, 09:18:28 PM »
What former AARC members are being chastised besides you?  Now back to your claim that there is another side to this story besides a fraudulent cult illegally detaining and psychologically battering young people in order to enrich the leader.  You weren't on anybody's radar asshole, you claimed that people disagreed with you because you stayed clean.  It's an old AARColyte saw.  Aside from the fact that you may not be former staff, although I am not convinced of that, the only BS I've seen is your claim that AARC is legal, your statements that I was using fiction, your claim that one can't make accurate statements about AARC or Vause without having been in AARC, and your claim that you're looking for some kind of debate.
So fill us in on the "other side".
Now you've already demonstrated that you're pretty stupid, but let's look at your objections to the hipocrisy of the pro-pot people's involvement in the protest.  These people are not protesting to encourage people to get off drugs.  Since AARC is by and large keeping kids who are not addicts, that issue is a non-starter.  Your analogy with heroin addicts telling people to get straight is so stupid and irrelevent as to defy description.  The pro-pot people are protesting the  fact that AARC illegally holds people against their will, is run by amateurs, falsely diagnoses people as addicts and uses amateurs to perform serious mental health interventions.  
So what's that other side?  Try and stick with the subject at hand.

Canadian West."