Author Topic: A CALO response by Ken Huey  (Read 13000 times)

Offline kenhuey

• View Profile
A CALO response by Ken Huey
« on: June 18, 2009, 11:05:54 AM »
Hello. As you see by my login name, Ken Huey, I am certainly one of those in the middle of the various posts that have come in about CALO. There have been quite a number of statements made about CALO and our treatment, CALO students, CALO parents of students, Nicole Fuglsang, and about my own character and motivations. So far the vast majority of the discussion has been had without the benefit of any response from those who care about CALO.

I would respond with the most important request I can make relevant to this discussion: Please remove from these posts the names and treatment summaries of the children in our care. I am asking with a sincere plea. These kids have done nothing to any of you. To the person who calls him/herself “well proxied,” if you indeed care about these children do not use them as pawns because of your hatred for residential treatment. If your goal is to hurt CALO by such actions, that certainly is accomplished…but at what cost, at what collateral damage? I expect to take shots on the chin as I try to care for our students. Some people simply refuse to understand treatment or are angry at the residential treatment world for any number of reasons. That said, I have never in my career seen kids dragged into the middle of the fight in such an ugly and unfortunate way as this. Debate or attack me, disparage me, slander CALO, but please leave these children alone. Please.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 03:30:40 PM by kenhuey »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: A CALO response by Ken Huey
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 11:42:36 AM »
Quote from: "kenhuey"
Hello. As you see by my login name, Ken Huey, I am certainly one of those in the middle of the various posts that have come in about CALO. There have been quite a number of statements made about CALO and our treatment, CALO students, CALO parents of students, Nicole Fuglsang, and about my own character and motivations. So far the vast majority of the discussion has been had without the benefit of any response from those who care about CALO.
I would respond with the most important request I can make relevant to this discussion: Please remove from these posts the names and treatment summaries of the children in our care. I am asking with a sincere plea. These kids have done nothing to any of you. To the person who calls him/herself “well proxied,” if you indeed care about these children do not use them as pawns because of your hatred for residential treatment. If your goal is to hurt CALO by such actions, that certainly is accomplished…but at what cost, at what collateral damage? I expect to take shots on the chin as I try to care for our students. Some people simply refuse to understand treatment or are angry at the residential treatment world for any number of reasons. That said, I have never in my career seen kids dragged into the middle of the fight in such an ugly and unfortunate way as this. Debate or attack me, disparage me, slander CALO, but please leave these children alone. Please.

You sound like the Bizarro version of Sally Struthers and a hella big melodramatic martyr.  You didn't talk to an attorney before giving permission to one and all to attack and disparage you and "slander" the good name of CALO?

I'm of mixed opinion about the kids' names being posted, but you don't speak for those kids, Ken.  Quit with the crocodile tears, ya drama queen.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 11:48:59 AM »
Some people simply refuse to understand treatment or are angry at the residential treatment world for any number of reasons.

I don't think anyone here is "simply refusing to understand" treatment; I think a lot of people here are quite concerned about what CALO regards as "treatment."

Seriously, what do you think the long-term ramifications are, for disrespecting and destroying a kid's self image and sense of autonomy like that?

Bad parent-child relations, even horrible parent-child relations, and destructive teenage rebellion aren't even in the same ballpark.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 01:54:14 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Some people simply refuse to understand treatment or are angry at the residential treatment world for any number of reasons.

I don't think anyone here is "simply refusing to understand" treatment; I think a lot of people here are quite concerned about what CALO regards as "treatment."

Seriously, what do you think the long-term ramifications are, for disrespecting and destroying a kid's self image and sense of autonomy like that?

Bad parent-child relations, even horrible parent-child relations, and destructive teenage rebellion aren't even in the same ballpark.

Stick to the point, Ursus. Huey is asking for the removal of these kids' names (and treatment files) because it harms THE KIDS. Is that so difficult to comprehend?

Your points about "disrespecting and destroying a kid's self image and sense of autonomy" are not only unfounded with respect to CALO, they are irrelevant to this thread. Except that well proxied has possibly damaged these kids further.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 02:50:45 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Stick to the point, Ursus. Huey is asking for the removal of these kids' names (and treatment files) because it harms THE KIDS. Is that so difficult to comprehend?
Clearly, I chose not to address the name removal issue directly, for my own reasons. Was that not clear?

Your points about "disrespecting and destroying a kid's self image and sense of autonomy" are not only unfounded with respect to CALO, they are irrelevant to this thread. Except that well proxied has possibly damaged these kids further.
Seems to me that what Ken Huey and Company do to the kids at CALO has everything to do with how and why those kids' names got posted, and hence of utmost relevance to this thread.

SO..... considering CALO for yer own kid? Or do you already have one there????
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 02:51:52 PM »

The real question here, Ken, is how on earth did you allow these children's treatment profiles to be accessed by anyone with an internet connection?  These were obtained through perfectly legal means.  Your facility is horribly negligent in protecting your patients' rights and you ought to be taken to task for that (and fined and sued IMHO).  Let's keep the focus where it belongs - on CALO's utter inability to meet basic privacy standards (not to mention treatment standards, but that's another topic entirely).

Are you begging to "leave the kids alone" just because if anything happens (legally) it's obviously your fault for making this info public?  I suspect this is a CYA letter, not a sincere attempt to protect children (it's patently obvious you don't give a fuck about that).
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 02:52:32 PM »

Mr. Huey,

Nicole Fuglsang did not disclose any information about CALO's restraint methods that utilize "bent wrist control methods" during e-mails.  Her omission of details pertinent to restraint methods constitute a red flag. Please discuss.  I worked for Eckered Youth Alternatives.  Whereas I'm familiar with administrative practices, telling parents "what they need to know", omitting details from restraint reports and the whole ball of wax.

Sincerely,

Bob Peterson

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 03:21:14 PM »
Clearly, I chose not to address the name removal issue directly, for my own reasons. Was that not clear?

Obviously. And why not?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 03:51:55 PM »
If your goal is to hurt CALO by such actions, that certainly is accomplished…but at what cost, at what collateral damage?

A spotlight would not be on CALO if children were not abused.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 04:08:44 PM »
Quote from: "bobpeterson1973"
If your goal is to hurt CALO by such actions, that certainly is accomplished…but at what cost, at what collateral damage?

R-I-I-I-I-GT. Guilty until proven innocent. See what I mean about being "open-minded?"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 04:27:51 PM »
Quote from: "bobpeterson1973"
R-I-I-I-I-GT. Guilty until proven innocent. See what I mean about being "open-minded?"

Bob, I believe Guest is referring to her response to you in another thread. My guess is this is one b-u-s-y parent.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 04:37:10 PM »
"A CALO response by Ken Huey"
or
"A CALLOW response by Ken Huey"?

LOL.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 04:39:19 PM »
callow : lacking adult sophistication : immature <callow youth>  

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/callow

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 04:52:41 PM »
MR. HUEY ,    
I am personally aphalled you would come to this site begging on the behalf of students @ Calo
Aren't  you the same KEN HUEY that wanted all of the eyeliner to be taken from the girls @ Calo ? because in
your VERY  own words " THEY were starting to look like HUSSIES ?????????

Is this how you view women ?
What the hell is your problem ?
Please explain how your true care and concern comes into this subject .

I will feel so much more directed .
IMHO - you are the type of clod that could run over  a kitten or puppy on the road
and never look back .

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 05:44:20 PM »
Quote from: "FORNATICA"
MR. HUEY ,    
I am personally aphalled you would come to this site begging on the behalf of students @ Calo
Aren't  you the same KEN HUEY that wanted all of the eyeliner to be taken from the girls @ Calo ? because in
your VERY  own words " THEY were starting to look like HUSSIES ?????????

Is this how you view women ?
What the hell is your problem ?
Please explain how your true care and concern comes into this subject .

I will feel so much more directed .
IMHO - you are the type of clod that could run over  a kitten or puppy on the road
and never look back .

OMG get a life, FORNATICA. He asked for the frigging NAMES AND PERSONAL FILES of the KIDS to be taken of the damn internet. Eyeliner or not!