Author Topic: marijuana consciousness  (Read 2045 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
marijuana consciousness
« on: June 10, 2009, 02:07:54 PM »
The trouble is, as far as marijuana is concerned... the trouble is that adjusting or altering ones consciousness really does have a value in and of itself, that when approached with intellectual curiosity and humility is actually enlightening and healthy.  Of course marijuana is a tool, and like any tool, such as a television, a gun, or a hammer, it can be mis-used.  You know, you can let it run ya round some.  It works great as a coping tool, like say when you just need a lift to lighten the load for a bit, the downside is this can lead to psychological dependency.

Some folks who experiment with marijuana do so as part of an investigation into reality.  Some folks seek knowledge through the use of cannabis.  From my own experience this is completely legitimate.

There really is a different mind-set, or consciousness that develops from thoughtful, contemplative, responsible use of marijuana.

I fail to relate to the horror the Betty Sembler's(former Seed parent and founder of $tr8 Inc., current CEO of the Drug Free America Foundation) of the world must face when they confront marijuana.

I think keeping marijuana illegal just stunts our growth as a culture and a society.  We should make it legal for 18 year olds to grow, possess and smoke marijuana.    

I'm not talkin about other substances, just marijuana.(although I have a similar theory concerning psycho-active mushrooms.  Mushrooms are more intense than marijuana though so I'm still workin on that)

I post on this forum because I'm assuming that the troubled teen indusrty pro'ly relies heavily on minor marijuana users to support itself.  I think that the Betty Sembler's of the world need to grow up and be mature enough to realize that not everyone wants to limit themselves in the ways that they do, or that they shouldn't be forcing their narrow views on others.  Why don't we mentor young adults in the investigation of reality instead of systematically conditioning them out of their intellectual curiosity ??

Because the marijuana consciousness is outside of the realm of influence of the people who own everyone now.

Why must those who choose not to seek knowledge through the use of marijuana oppress those that do ??  Why is there an enormous social bulwark set up to prevent the marijuana consciousness from developing ??

Because it is a real state of mind.  A place from which, things look different, and complex subtleties can be studied, and the social conditions we cling to are revealed. The marijuana consciousness transcends the ego, and breaks the illusion the establishment uses to oppress us.  

I just think as a society we have the complete wrong approach to marijuana.  We should be embracing it and teaching those young adults who want to see reality from another angle how to use it wisely.

Peace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: marijuana consciousness
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 03:01:38 PM »
:tup:

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 03:07:42 PM »
Perhaps "embrace" was a little strong. just sayin people who wanta smoke pot, who enjoy it responsibly, even productively should be left alone, not arrested or placed in behavior modification, social re-acculturation programs as teens.  And if you get high at work and you fuck up maybe you should be fired but I think there are way too many pre-employment piss tests bein done for people who just wanta work a common job.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 03:28:36 PM »
There are ways they will even take your children away from you and place them in foster care if the parents are convicted of marijuana possession.  They can take your property too and put you in jail for a long time.  That is seriously oppressive to those that are called to look and see where they are, which is their natural right; to establish ones self in reality, without uninvited interference.  To not be  intentionally and systematically subjected to a limited and thereby contrived "reality" by some outside authority.  That is an injustice and an oppression.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 03:58:35 PM »
are you female, starry-eyed pirate? if so, i'd like to marry you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 04:49:05 PM »
Quote from: "starry-eyed pirate"
And if you get high at work and you fuck up maybe you should be fired

If I didn't get high at work they'd fire me.  I absolutely agree with Starry-Eyed Pirate, and another plus is that I can read the confirmation codes easier when I'm high.

Keep transcending.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2009, 05:25:27 PM »
I think there are way too many pre-employment piss tests bein done for people who just wanta work a common job.

Actually, we should continue drug testing----with the economy the way it is, we can't afford to shut down another industry that employs so many people.  We should use the drug tests to MAKE SURE that our population, particularly our workforce, is AT LEAST smoking pot......as other posters in this thread have stated, smoking pot helps me perform better at work, and I'm sure we're not the only ones.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 06:18:18 PM »
I think they should still piss test people for hard drugs, for certain jobs. i wouldnt want my doctor, broker, kid's teacher or driver coked up or nodding out on the job and off the job. And if i was an employer, i would not want anyone working under me doing any hard drugs, ever. cokeheads/the cokehead consciousness are/is the polar opposite of marijuana consciousness. it inflates the ego and causes selfish thoughtlessness in a constricted reality bubble among other issues. junkies are...well...junkies. weather your on oxy perscribed by a quack doctor, shooting street heroin, or smoking raw opium on a regular basis the end result is the same. some people can benefit a little from amphetamines, but they are still overused. weed is OK for 99% of the jobs out there, but in some cases you still wouldnt want stoners working there. for example: railway operators, truck drivers (or any commercial vehicle drivers), miners, nurses (esp. for the O.R), paramedics, soldiers, etc. MJ does help people in some ways for work, but in other ways it takes away certain abilities to a degree such as being able to think on you feet very quickly, make lightning quick judgements, handle stressful situations head-on, and keep a clear head under pressure. Weed can also be unpredictable. you can smoke five times a day for ten years and handle it just fine then one day BAM! you smoke and start getting freakishly paranoid and spend the rest of the night in the fetal position. Some people work better with a small amount of weed but a few hits to many and they end up staring at their computer monitor playing with the drag-a-box feature of their mouse for the next three hours.

In my opinion, they should still drug test pretty much everyone, but throw out any positives for marijuana usage for the majority of jobs.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 06:43:13 PM »
I don't think most kids are sent to programs for just smoking pot, and I bet a lot of kids in programs haven't even tried it. If pot were legalized, it wouldn't make programs disappear, I dont think. Pot pretty much already has de facto legal status, since it's so easy to obtain and most people who use it don't get arrested. Also people who assume that everyone else is going to react to marijuana the same way they do is naive. Some people smoke it and get paranoid and never try it again. It's not like its some magical spiritual elixir, that will solve the world's problems if only everybody smoked. It's just weed, and singing the praises of full legalization, wait until proctor and gamble and altria inc are the ones selling it... you'll be posting then about the good old days back when pot was illegal.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 07:16:04 PM »
People need to realize that pot is really two different strains (indica and sativa) with different effects depending on the blend and person.  Regardless, any negative effects are usually pretty easily dealt with when you learn how to use the tool properly.  Paranoia, for example, is easily dealt with by changing the set/setting, doing/thinking about something else, or simply confronting your fear directly by doing what you are paranoid of (talking to parents, for example).  Once you realize that although you might feel fear, there is really nothing to be afraid of, it's not so bad at all and eventually you don't get paranoid at all anymore.  Once you realize that nobody can ever tell if you are stoned unless you tell them, there is really nothing to be afraid of.  I would tend to think that if pot were legal, a lot of the paranoia wouldn't exist at all.  While pot sometimes makes you feel out of control, you actually are more often than not in perfect control (often far more in control than "sober").  Want to prove this?  Video tape yourself doing something complex "sober", and compare it to a video of you doing the same thing "stoned".  You'll find your movements are more fluid, more accurate, and more efficient.  IMO, most negative "effects" are based on fear based on the lies about what pot does.  Once you realize it's 99% bullshit, you become more confident and the fear melts away.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 08:18:35 PM »
Quote from: "guest420"
are you female, starry-eyed pirate? if so, i'd like to marry you.

...Well...thankyou, that's, uh, flattering but sorry...

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 09:56:02 PM »
Quote from: "duderino"
I think they should still piss test people for hard drugs, for certain jobs. i wouldnt want my doctor, broker, kid's teacher or driver coked up or nodding out on the job and off the job. And if i was an employer, i would not want anyone working under me doing any hard drugs, ever. cokeheads/the cokehead consciousness are/is the polar opposite of marijuana consciousness. it inflates the ego and causes selfish thoughtlessness in a constricted reality bubble among other issues. junkies are...well...junkies. weather your on oxy perscribed by a quack doctor, shooting street heroin, or smoking raw opium on a regular basis the end result is the same. some people can benefit a little from amphetamines, but they are still overused. weed is OK for 99% of the jobs out there, but in some cases you still wouldnt want stoners working there. for example: railway operators, truck drivers (or any commercial vehicle drivers), miners, nurses (esp. for the O.R), paramedics, soldiers, etc. MJ does help people in some ways for work, but in other ways it takes away certain abilities to a degree such as being able to think on you feet very quickly, make lightning quick judgements, handle stressful situations head-on, and keep a clear head under pressure. Weed can also be unpredictable. you can smoke five times a day for ten years and handle it just fine then one day BAM! you smoke and start getting freakishly paranoid and spend the rest of the night in the fetal position. Some people work better with a small amount of weed but a few hits to many and they end up staring at their computer monitor playing with the drag-a-box feature of their mouse for the next three hours.

In my opinion, they should still drug test pretty much everyone, but throw out any positives for marijuana usage for the majority of jobs.

Well, I'm only addressing marijuana here. Yeah, I mean MJ is just another tool and as I said one can mis-use it, but when one uses it wisely it rewards the user with insight worthy of improving ones life.  So while in some cases MJ may not be conducive to the work one must do, it can still be a life-enhancing tool.  I know Marijuana to be a focusing agent that can enable the user to sustain high levels of concentration when the setting, both mental and physical is right.

My theory on MJ induced paranoia is that, the condition has more to do with the criminality of MJ than anything inherent in MJ, itself.  The novice user experiences a new and different sense of reality which destabilizes the ego and creates social vulnerabilities.  Being criminalized at this point for wanting to explore alternate forms of reality is recognized by the user as so absurd and ungrounded that one must question the general judgement of those who condemn MJ users to criminal status.  I think if it were legal and socially accepted and you could do it without fear of arrest most of the paranoia would disappear.

Go way out into Nature somewhere and get high.  Leave Babylon behind.  The trappings of the ego will fall away.

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 10:35:43 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
I don't think most kids are sent to programs for just smoking pot, and I bet a lot of kids in programs haven't even tried it. If pot were legalized, it wouldn't make programs disappear, I dont think. Pot pretty much already has de facto legal status, since it's so easy to obtain and most people who use it don't get arrested. Also people who assume that everyone else is going to react to marijuana the same way they do is naive. Some people smoke it and get paranoid and never try it again. It's not like its some magical spiritual elixir, that will solve the world's problems if only everybody smoked. It's just weed, and singing the praises of full legalization, wait until proctor and gamble and altria inc are the ones selling it... you'll be posting then about the good old days back when pot was illegal.

Well, in my day we were mostly all in there for bein pot heads who wouldn't go to school.  I don't think legalizing pot would make the programs go away either, but it would be a step in the right direction.

I also think you may have been lulled into a false sense of security, somehow, concerning the de-facto legal status of MJ. I know people who have been denied work because they couldn't pass the piss test.  They were all set to be hired otherwise, but because the cat smoked pot about once, 2wice a week he was kept unemployed.  Another good friend of mine had his 6 small children taken from him by the county(backed by state and Fed) and put into foster care for 6 months because his wife was on probation and they found MJ in the home.  The crime committed by the county/ state/ Fed against my friend's family  is way unjust.  Also penalties against growers can be heavy depending on where you live.

Using MJ regularly creates a mind set that is anethema to authoritarian social structures, and while I see your point that it's not like pot is gonna save the world if only everyone smoked up. No, but it is a legitimate tool for use in the exploration of reality.  And there really is a different set of social values that emerge under the influence of MJ.  If the values of the MJ consciousness ever became the establishment the arrogance and extreme greed which runs the world to ruin, the culture of the ego would carry more shame.

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2009, 10:58:19 PM »
Enforcing abstinence kills the creativity of the free thinker. What was once enforced to curb immigration, now controls the population. In my line of work, it is risky business to partake at all. So I just don't, to protect a future where I will have more freedom to do as I wish. I am forced to conform for the first time in my life and it does keep a familiar spark in my being from burning to brightly..The spark that encourages me to "color outside the lines".

Enforcing abstinence is another systematic way to keep that creative, righteous flame from burning in too many people within the population. Those in control live in fear of creativity, freedom and truth, it's pretty sad really.

Peace2u~

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 09:09:40 AM »

Well, I'm only addressing marijuana here. Yeah, I mean MJ is just another tool and as I said one can mis-use it, but when one uses it wisely it rewards the user with insight worthy of improving ones life.  So while in some cases MJ may not be conducive to the work one must do, it can still be a life-enhancing tool.  I know Marijuana to be a focusing agent that can enable the user to sustain high levels of concentration when the setting, both mental and physical is right.

My theory on MJ induced paranoia is that, the condition has more to do with the criminality of MJ than anything inherent in MJ, itself.  The novice user experiences a new and different sense of reality which destabilizes the ego and creates social vulnerabilities.  Being criminalized at this point for wanting to explore alternate forms of reality is recognized by the user as so absurd and ungrounded that one must question the general judgement of those who condemn MJ users to criminal status.  I think if it were legal and socially accepted and you could do it without fear of arrest most of the paranoia would disappear.

I also think you may have been lulled into a false sense of security, somehow, concerning the de-facto legal status of MJ. I know people who have been denied work because they couldn't pass the piss test. They were all set to be hired otherwise, but because the cat smoked pot about once, 2wice a week he was kept unemployed. Another good friend of mine had his 6 small children taken from him by the county(backed by state and Fed) and put into foster care for 6 months because his wife was on probation and they found MJ in the home. The crime committed by the county/ state/ Fed against my friend's family is way unjust. Also penalties against growers can be heavy depending on where you live.

as far as the other drugs go...i was adressing the poster that said they should test people to see if they are at least smoking weed.

Your theory on MJ paranoia is partially right. most people only get paranoid because of the illegality. but, MJ itself can cause nonspecific panic/anxiety symtoms if it is overused. Take my case for example: I was able to up untill a few months ago to smoke unlimited amounts of the best weed there is. i could burn through an 1/8th of sour d or trainwreck in a night easily, i was going through around an ounce a week (i know growers, i get good weed cheap...like two grand a pound for A+ shit). Then, one day i ate a brownie. nothing new, eaten brownies before. but this time, I started freaking out that i was going to die. my heart was beating like crazy and sloshing around. felt like i weighed a thousand pounds. After the trip was over i stayed in a panic state for months. i coulnt smoke weed at all for a while because just the littlest hit would send me into a panic attack. that lasted a few months. i had to go on some hardcore psych drugs just to function on a day to day basis. I'm fine now, but if i smoke too much at one time i can still get that way and need to pop a valium or have some wine to calm myself down. no more brownies or two gram joints for me!
Oftentimes it's the MJ's tendency to cause anxiety which manifests itself in paranoia. when theres no outward cause of the paranoia (e.g police) that anxiety gets focused other places, like inwards, and transforms from paranoia into panic/anxiety attacks. ever seen anyone "bug out" on weed? you know what i'm talking about. You can be all macho about it and say "oh, i can handle it, i've tripped on acid/shrooms/dmt X number of times and that was a piece of cake"....smoke or eat too much too often and the weed will put you in your humble place one rainy day.

There are times and places where MJ can get you in trouble. if you're smart, you never will. take for example new york. they have a system set up where (off the books) you can get caught with weed an unlimited number of times and as long as it's under an ounce, you have an otherwise spotless record and you get a lawyer, you will never ever have to go to jail or pay a fine or have a record for it. Cops dont care, on the street they make you just put it out or put it away (only if your white; if your black, hispanic or look thug-ish you go to jail lol) If you're caught smoking around your kids it's a different story. If you do end up getting a citation (a summons) it goes like this: if you have a lawyer, the court will not waste it's time and will dismiss the case on the spot. as long as you dont keet getting the same judge (you probably wont), your cases will continue to get dismissed. there is an unofficial (a courtroom etiquette so to speak) law in NY that essentially states that people with clean records deserve a pass their first time getting caught. If you get different judges each time, they wont know you've been caught a few times because it's not on your record.  at worst, you may get an ACD (adjournment in contemplation of dismissal) which means if you stay out of trouble for six months your case is dismissed. it's kinda hard to get caught here though: you have to really be obnoxious and smoke on the street standing on one place blowing smoke at a cop to get in trouble, most new yorkers dont care and mind their own bussiness, and we have delivery services so your weed never leaves your house. even if your neighbors call in a complaint about the smell of weed the NYPD tells them to mind their own business and never show up. There is really no way to get caught in NYC with weed in the first place unless your stupid about it. You have to bassically walk around with a bag a weed open in your hand, or joint sticking out of your mouth, or drive around in a smokemobile all day to get caught.

In california, it's even easier. pay a hundred dollars for an medical card and the police cant touch you. or in massachusets, you just give the cops a fake name when there writing you up a ticket and your scott free...that is if your just not up for the 100 dollar fine. in maine they just dont give a shit. instead of busting growers outdoors they just cut the plants down then leave a message on the growers door: "give us a call, if you'd like", and they keep a blind eye to kids cruising around smoking weed on their lunch hour in high school - they have oxycontin to worry about.