Author Topic: marijuana consciousness  (Read 2063 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: marijuana consciousness
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2009, 09:23:54 AM »
and about drug tests....

why the hell would someone with marijuana consciousness want a job that tests for pot in the first place? I sure as hell dont. if i'm applying for a job, and they pull a cup out, i will take a dump in that cup. I just wouldnt apply for jobs that test. I make sure my boss is also a pothead. luckily, i work in my family's business, and my relatives and superiors all smoke weed. anyone who stays late to finish up work can smoke in the office, and every friday afternoon we have a communal blunt. We do real estate development and investments both in NYC and in a few select european cities, construction, international commodities  shipping and trading (mainly building materials), run a hedge fund, own a personal security company (bodyguards/security for high-end clientele), a software development company (mainly for market analysis) and run a charitable organization (mostly scholarships).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2009, 10:00:44 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
People need to realize that pot is really two different strains (indica and sativa) with different effects depending on the blend and person.

acutally, that terminology/taxonomy is outdated. If you want to get into specifics, weed WAS actually classified into four distinct categories: sativa, indica, afghani, and ruderalis.

there is a problem with that terminology. first of all, different sativas have different chemical make ups and taxonomies. For example: south african sativas (e.g durban poison) have high levels of THCV and very little THC -  a property that south american (e.g santa maria) and asian sativas (thai haze) do not have any or very little of. The different strains of sativa or indica are unique and inbred to the point that they could not be considered part of the same category. take for example Mazar, Kush, and afghani #1 - all are landraces from the indo-pakistani region. technically all indica or afghani, but all are different taxonomically, and all have very different effects and growing tolerances/requirements.

then theres the issue of modern breeding. 99.99% of weed on the market now is a cross between a sativa-like and indica-like plant. therefore, they are now neither and in a category of their own. "sativa dominant" or "indica dominant" means nothing because there are indica-looking strains with sativa effects and vice versa. there are in fact many, many categories of weed out there: skunk, white strains, diesel strains, kush strains, none of which can be categorized into one of the main types, but that are all a stable, unique strain by themselves.

how would you classify the Lowryder for example? it's a cross between an indica, ruderalis and sativa. it has sativa leaves and stem structure, indica buds, autoflowers like a ruderalis, and grows 2' max. it's a stable F1 strain. you cant classify it based on the effect or chemical makeup because it has elements of both, and you obviously cant classify it taxonomically. how then is it possible to only have two, or four distinct varieties of weed? there are many.

then there is the issue of harvest time and growing methods. depending on how you grow a plant and when you harvest it can create different effects. a simply waiting an extra week to harvest, or harvesting a week early can determine if the weed will have the so called "sativa-like effect" or "indica-like effect". How you dry it and cure it will also change the effect. take weed from the same plant, dry half in the closet and stick fresh buds in a jar for a few weeks, and dry the other half in the sun and dont cure it at all. you will have the same weed that gives you two distinct unique highs and the untrained eye will not be able to tell it came from the same plant.

so basically the logic behind the current fashion of categorizing weed as indica or sativa is flawed and misleading. weed is classified by the specific strain itself, growing methods, harvest timing and curing methods. Assuming they can be divided taxonomically into two to four types is just a propagation of the very conciousness you seek to expel by smoking weed - it's the assumption that just because someone told you or you read it in some book it means it's true. i dont care if jorge motherfuckin cervantes or mark emery tells me there are only four types, i refuse to believe that based on my own growing experience.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 10:00:48 AM »
I don't think most kids are sent to programs for just smoking pot,

I disagree----at least when I was in a program, the majority of the kids there were for marijuana, and for many, it was the only "drug" they had ever used.

It's not like its some magical spiritual elixir, that will solve the world's problems if only everybody smoked.

Yes it is.

It's just weed, and singing the praises of full legalization, wait until proctor and gamble and altria inc are the ones selling it... you'll be posting then about the good old days back when pot was illegal.

Nah, probably not.  Getting busted for smoking a joint sucks, and just because P & G will deal schwag, doesn't mean I will buy or smoke it.  I mean, I can drink PBR all day long, but I prefer microbrews and homebrew.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2009, 11:06:49 AM »

It's not like its some magical spiritual elixir, that will solve the world's problems if only everybody smoked.

Yes it is.

It's just weed, and singing the praises of full legalization, wait until proctor and gamble and altria inc are the ones selling it... you'll be posting then about the good old days back when pot was illegal.

Nah, probably not.  Getting busted for smoking a joint sucks, and just because P & G will deal schwag, doesn't mean I will buy or smoke it.  I mean, I can drink PBR all day long, but I prefer microbrews and homebrew.

no it's not a magical elixir for all. it affects different people differently. some people smoke and pass out. for some people it messes with their blood sugar too much. some people get violent, anxious, irrational and paranoid. some people smoke and laugh alot and dont see past it. some people just sleep. it's only magical and spiritual to a minority of people and only under certain conditions.

youre right about that...yeah P&G and philip morris will probably come out with swchwag in a cigarrette pack. but dunhill might come out with sour diesel in a pack too, and american spirits might do an organic weed ciggy pack. you never know. good weed will not go away. even if they try to regulate potency in mass produced MJ, you will still have people growing dank shit in their closets and greenhouses. it's just history repeating itself. there was once upon a time only a few types of weed available in the U.S: South east asian, jamaican, mexican, and south american, and only a few variations within those types. People got sick of that, traffickers moved on to cocaine, and americans (along with canadians) started growing their own. and now look at the result. the progression wont be much different when it's legal.
People said the same thing when alchohol was going to become legal again: "oh no, liquor wont be legal, and all we will be able to drink is beer and wine". instead, the years of prohibition made hard liquor much more popular than it ever was before. now we can buy $5 handles of vodka, $50 bottles of wine, or $5,000 bottles of brandy depending on our individual budgets and tastes. things wont be much different with weed. if it's going to be taxed, the goverment is going to want to hit every demographic and make sure it's taxed to the fullest extent. It wont leave out the "want to smoke the best of the best" demographic because thats just going to create another black market and more lost tax dollars.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2009, 03:47:12 PM »
To think outside of the box, you have to get your ass out of it first.  Marijuana will get you outside of "the way things are" and you get a completely new perspective on your world.  Some people welcome the change in perception, some people are terrified by seeing their comfortable ordered lives as less than real.  There was an article in Rolling Stone in the 80's about former hippie marijuana smokers who had settled into comfortable yuppie lives, sans cannabis.  One yuppie admitted to trying marijuana again since he had quit and found the experience harsh.  To paraphrase the yuppie, "Marijuana always made me very, very, aware.  When I smoked it again in the back of some friends' car, I made them stop and let me out so I could walk home.  When I got high, my life looked like a sham and I felt like a sellout.  I just can't handle that kind of critical awareness of my life anymore".

MJ serves as a moral diagnostic tool for me, if something I've done is troublesome it will be right there when I get high demanding a review.  Quite often I discover a flaw in my logic or some selfish motivation that caused me to behave inappropriately and I know apologies need to be made.  As a result, to use MJ for relaxation or meditation I need to maintain a comfortable relationship with myself, which means I can't be wrapped up in self deception or intentionally harming others.  Ten years ago I was more like the unfortunate yuppie mentioned above and marijuana made me painfully aware of issues I couldn't deal with.  Simple solution, don't smoke weed.  I tried smoking again a couple of years ago and the self loathing was gone - the old "issues" had been dispatched, I felt very comfortable with who "I" was and how I was living.  MJ reawakened the spiritual curiosity that seemed to have died after meeting up with the TTI.

When does it suck to be intensely aware?  Watching Apocalyptic, fundamentalist feebs and nutjobs like Rumsfeld, Cheney and Ashcroft lead America into war and torture, all fired by fundamentalist Christian zeal.  Realizing I stood a better chance of going to jail for vaporizing marijuana then these those guys will for crimes against humanity.  Rumsfeld has said history will be kind to him.  Let Rummy come by and inhale a little Blue Rhino and we'll see if he's still so proud of his achievements.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2009, 06:26:24 PM »
I'm all for relegalizing all drugs along with gambling, prostitution and any other consensual activities. It's not that I think there should be more of all of these activities going on (though I'm right down with yenz about MJ) it's that I recognize that criminal prohibition of consensual activity does exactly 0 (no more, no less than that) to curb said consensual activity. All it does is cost a lot of time, money and heartache to punish the consensual activists while giving the puritans* a false sense of security at sorrowful great expense to innocent others while enriching and empowering anybody with moxie enough to profit from the illicit trade. In doing that last, it creates a market demand for a violent and heartless skill set, thereby fostering growth in violence and heartlessness.

All that said, I do think that MJ is the only currently illicit drug that probably would get more use if it were legal. I've been looking high and low for many a year now for that one ass clown who would be the one to go out and start shooting up if only it were legal. But I know a lot of good and kind folk who will not even sample the kind for fear of unemployment and/or legal problems. A fair number of them others switch to coke or pharmaceuticals which, imo, is not a Good Thing TM

*Puritan: One who suffers from an abiding fear that somewhere, someone may be enjoying themselves and who loves to spread their suffering.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2009, 08:33:38 AM »
Quote from: "duderino"
cokeheads/the cokehead consciousness . . . inflates the ego and causes selfish thoughtlessness in a constricted reality bubble among other issues.
I like how you put this, duderino....