Author Topic: WWASPS v. PURE Lawsuit  (Read 3697 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WWASPS v. PURE Lawsuit
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2003, 03:18:00 PM »
Karen - are talking about the postings?  Get real!  Those so-called abuse postings are mainly from PUREists, go figure.  They have more to lose, so the postings continue.

You say it's hard for the kids!  Get real again!  Rules are hard, lying is not.

What I find fascinating is that Dundee Ranch closed due to chaos and rioting by students instigated mainly by PUREists.  No, i wouldn't want my child in a strict behavior modfication program (Jamaica included) because i know he/she would be "invited" to solitary confinement on a regular basis.  I would be open enough to the other wwasps schools, however, including Casa by the Sea.  I do not agree that it is abusive, but if restraint is required to keep them and others safe, it must be.  I still feel that the inner healing process takes some time and some kids get it before others.  I believe it would be better than sitting in a jail cell.  I imagine the abuse including sexual abuse by their peers and possibility of restraint is much greater in that situation.

I don't see anyone challenging the legal system.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
WWASPS v. PURE Lawsuit
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2003, 05:20:00 PM »
You have a great imagination. I spent some time in the juvenile justice system in Macon and Clay Counties, Georgia. I'm told those were some of the toughest juvenile institutions in the nation at the time from a staff discipline standpoint. Compared to one week in Straight, Inc., it was an absolute CAKE WALK! Why? Because, if one followed the rules, which were more-or-less reasonable rules, one actually did not get harassed, punished or abused in any way. The hardest part about it was the sound and feel of the steel doors and institutional green drab setting. But you get used to that in a matter of days.

While I was there, I never even SAW or HEARD of anyone being physically restrained. Of course, everyone knew that it must happen from time to time when necessary. But, in the juvenile detention, they really, really only used restraint to keep inmates from hurting themselves or others. In the Program, otoh, where they refered to us as clients and called it therapy, they used physical restraint to coerce desired THOUGHT and SPEECH and acceptance of the madness that was going on as perfectly normal and sane.

Except for about two days out of more than 700 in Straight, Inc. (like WWASP, a juvenile Synanon), I was physically restrained or officially punished in any way. It was the contant psychological and emotional abuse that made it unbearable. It was the self rightious, sneering staff constantly gloating over the FACT that they could and would do what the FUCK they wanted to you and no one would believe you if you screamed for help. Worse? For a time, both of my parents bought into it, hook, line and sinker. Worse than that? Well over 20 years later, my one living parent STILL DOES!

Truth resides in every human heart, and one has to search for it there, and to be guided by truth as one sees it. But no one has a right to coerce others to act according to his own view of truth.

--Mohandas K. Gandhi

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
WWASPS v. PURE Lawsuit
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2003, 05:26:00 PM »
On 2003-08-22 12:18:00, Anonymous wrote:

" Karen - are talking about the postings? Get real! Those so-called abuse postings are mainly from PUREists, go figure. They have more to lose, so the postings continue. "

I can't, or more properly, I will not give away the identity of any poster to these forums because, as much as some people abuse it, anonymous posting has to be available to people who have something important to say but who are not comfortable registering on my server.

I can tell you, though, that you are dead wrong on this one. Most of the people posting about abuse at WWASP are not pro PURE. Most of them actually seem to have a hard time understanding the difference, except in terms of size and political muscle, between WWASP and PURE. A lot of folks have even speculated that PURE is nothing more than a red herring dreamt up by WWASP to cast all WWASP critics as nut cases.

Sorry, asshole. It's not going to wash. :wink:

An Animated Cartoon Theology:
1. People are animals.
2. The body is mortal and subject to incredible pain.
3. Life is antagonistic to the living.
4. The flesh can be sawed, crushed, frozen, stretched, burned, bombed, and plucked for music.
5. The dumb are abused by the smart and the smart destroyed by their own cunning.
6. The small are tortured by the large and the large destroyed by their own momentum.
7. We are able to walk on air, but only as long as our illusion supports us.
-- E. L. Doctorow "The Book of Daniel"

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WWASPS v. PURE Lawsuit
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2003, 01:18:00 AM »
I am kind of new here to this message board. I found it while looking for information about wwasp schools, and any comments that students and former students/family may have had. I recently removed my child from a wwasp school (3 days ago) due to activities that looked like abuse to me. There were marks on my child's neck and back from being restrained for simply asking questions. My child has spent up to 5 hours at a time, face down, arms out and legs crossed. At no time was my child allowed to stretch, or go to the restroom.
Prior to visiting the school 2 weeks ago for the first time, I was unaware of any type of abuse. I was a trusting parent who thought that the staff was loving and caring and wanting my child to be drug free. I was mortified by the tactics used by the school administrator in group (I was there) to try and make my child comply with the rules. This man had never even read the file and history on my child. I could go on about other incidents that occured, but it seems that others here are already aware of these misconducts.
I am not too familiar with the PURE that you all talk about about,or how it fits in the picture. I have seen their website, and read a few articles.
I appreciate this forum as a place to express my feelings and vent about the activities surrounding the school my child was at. I remain anonomous to protect my child and myself, as the departure is so recent. I am sure there are BBSer's here who would recognize me. Of course, BBS has kicked me off due to "early withdrawl". I would love to hear any feedback. By the way, the school was not Casa or Tranquility Bay.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
WWASPS v. PURE Lawsuit
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2003, 01:33:00 AM »
Welcome.
You may want to start another thread to introduce yourself. Click "Post New Topic". You'll find a good amount of information here and others who have been there. There is a thread regarding a class action lawsuit against WWASP, if you are interested in talking to the law firm.
I'm sure others would like to hear more about your experience as you feel comfortable doing so.
Glad to hear your child is home and safe, and that you didn't ignore your hunches.
Deborah
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WWASPS v. PURE Lawsuit
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2003, 01:36:00 AM »
First, if you just withdrew 3 days ago, you are still on the BBS.  You remain there if you choose to.  You're STORY sounds like another lame attempt by PURE to cloud the issues of their tactics.  I personally don't believe a word you say.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WWASPS v. PURE Lawsuit
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2003, 01:51:00 AM »
Actucally, I posted a message as soon I got home to let my group know that my child was removed. When I checked a few hours later to see if anyone had responded, I had been blocked. You can believe it or not! I personally know nothing about pure or purest...I only found out about some lawsuit by reading here.
I won't defend myself to anyone. I do what I think is right. Abuse to my child is wrong. Why would you not believe what I said? I have no reason to lie...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WWASPS v. PURE Lawsuit
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2003, 02:04:00 AM »
Thank you, Deborah. I appreciate your kind words.I feel very relieved that my child his home and safe. I will say in the months spent at the school, my child is and has been drug free for 5 months. Something good did come out of the time spent there. For this I am grateful. I also feel that my child learned the consequences of drug use, and has no desire to repeat history. It is always important to follow your instincts.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WWASPS v. PURE Lawsuit
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2003, 02:34:00 AM »
Yeah, thanks Deborah.  I don't know what any of us would do without you to tell us how, when and where to get off.

:rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WWASPS v. PURE Lawsuit
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2003, 02:43:00 AM »
Why are people here so nasty? It takes so much more effort to be unkind, than to be nice... :???:

Offline MORSEGLASS

• View Profile
WWASPS v. PURE Lawsuit
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2003, 09:40:00 AM »
anon who just brought their child home, youll probably become a regular on here. fell free to e-mail me shannon  [email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WWASPS v. PURE Lawsuit
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2003, 09:22:00 PM »
Anon.

You are bad news.

The BBs immediately deletes any parent who has chosen to "pull their child", not graduate the program."  I was deleted for suggesting the paents are being manipulated.

You are obviously pro wwasp.

The truth is ,WWASP does not want anyone on the BBS who has a experience other than the one they Choose to provide.

To deny this woman her truth is  ignorant on your part.

Not acceptable.

Go back to your wwwasp hole deep in the ground with the other snakes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WWASPS v. PURE Lawsuit
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2004, 01:28:00 PM »
So what ever happened with this?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
WWASPS v. PURE Lawsuit
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2006, 11:03:00 PM »
Yeah I agree. I went to Casa by the Sea, the WWASP facility in Mexico, and spent 16.5 months seeing exactly what all these people are referring to. As a result of their parental manipulation/lies I was dropped off with no money or ID in San Diego..homeless until I could scrounge the money for a bus ticket back to Houston, TX where I am from...

I still have not seen a dime, although my college fund was completely depleted by the $2800 per month my parents were charged....

if anyone has any info on how to pursue a suit against that monstrosity of an organization, feel free to drop me a line at [email protected]

Offline CCM girl 1989

• View Profile
WWASPS v. PURE Lawsuit
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2006, 10:46:00 AM »
Time is of the essence. I never did anything, and I should have. You are on a time clock, and I am not sure how long Texas has your timer set for?

When I first got out, I was just so happy to be free! Then a couple years later I started writing everything down, so I would remember the specifics. I stored it somewhere, I haven't seen it in 10+ years.

These days, since it's been 16 years.....I can remember certain things, but not as detailed as they used to be. I am sure if I did some kind of hypnosis, I could recall a lot more. But, why? If anyone ever needed me to testify I would. But, there are thousands of kids that are fresher then me.

If you feel like you have a case, go find yourself a good lawyer. But, it will take you a long time to fight it out with them. That's why so many kids just say, screw it! WWASPS knows this. That is part of the reason they have been able to get away with what they have.
f you were never in a program, or a parent of a child in a program, then you have no business posting here.