Author Topic: Revenge is a dish best served cold...  (Read 5431 times)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Revenge is a dish best served cold...
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »
On 2006-04-15 21:58:00, OverLordd wrote:

"Revenge is never a wise choice, it just gets you into trouble, because the athorities are never on your side, your just a punk with a rap sheet."

Revenge? Perhaps... but JUSTICE, and preventing them from harming anyone else, are nobile, just, and practical motivations.

Youre taking down someone whose done wrong and making them face punishment and be held accountable for it, stoping them from hurting anyone else, and preventing them from draining on our economy, hurt our society more with their existance, and most importantly - stopping them from hurting anyone else and bringing closure to those who HAVE been hurt by them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2006, 07:22:00 AM »
On 2006-04-16 09:50:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"

"Revenge is never a wise choice, it just gets you into trouble, because the athorities are never on your side, your just a punk with a rap sheet."

Revenge? Perhaps... but JUSTICE, and preventing them from harming anyone else, are nobile, just, and practical motivations.

Youre taking down someone whose done wrong and making them face punishment and be held accountable for it, stoping them from hurting anyone else, and preventing them from draining on our economy, hurt our society more with their existance, and most importantly - stopping them from hurting anyone else and bringing closure to those who HAVE been hurt by them."

The electronic waste products and polluting the air to generate electricity to run your computer,and the environmental damage cause during the production of your computer it HURTING ME!
Its open season on YOU!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2006, 11:08:00 AM »
On 2006-04-16 09:50:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"

Youre taking down someone whose done wrong and making them face punishment and be held accountable for it, stoping them from hurting anyone else, and preventing them from draining on our economy, hurt our society more with their existance, and most importantly - stopping them from hurting anyone else and bringing closure to those who HAVE been hurt by them."

Oh mighty dispenser of justice, how wonderful for the world that your discernment is greater than that of our forefathers, who were partial to things like truth and due process.

Don't you suppose that folks on white horses can leave an awful lot of shit for those behind them to clean up?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2006, 11:19:00 AM »
The electronic waste products and polluting the air to generate electricity to run your computer,and the environmental damage cause during the production of your computer it HURTING ME!
Its open season on YOU!

Oh mighty dispenser of justice, how wonderful for the world that your discernment is greater than that of our forefathers, who were partial to things like truth and due process.

Don't you suppose that folks on white horses can leave an awful lot of shit for those behind them to clean up?

Uh-oh, Karen is angry that her posts from another site are now available to see, so she is on a rampage to try and troll fornits all over. Karen, you are really in need of some help.  :lol:

Learn more about KiD here http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... forum=37&4

Offline LauraLee

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2006, 02:00:00 PM »
Well, I know someplace that fits everything you want. Minus the warm weather.

Try Cambridge, Massachusetts. Five minutes from Boston, huge alternative scene, college town. And it's very warm in the summer!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2006, 01:48:00 PM »
U N33D 2 type it in L33T. :smile:

Augh!  My Eyyyyyeeeessss!

* You * need * to * think twice about saying it, but when you really need to say it (ha, got it through), * you * need * to * think about how to fool a search and replace macro.

It's a Gingerism which I think works well enough if people just think twice about that phrase before using it.

Alternately, I guess you could probably put together some macro that would cut and paste the censored phrase when you want to say it.

As censorship goes, it's really tiny, I suppose.

Julie

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2006, 02:18:00 PM »
Athens, Georgia is the college town for UGA.

There will be religiousness, but not enough to keep you from safely and happily being yourself.

It's warm.  It's a cow town so there's open-ish land, but with a college, there are plenty of younger folks--who tend to be more open-minded in a lot of ways.

With the starving college student factor, it shouldn't be too hard to find roomies, which makes living fairly inexpensive.

It all depends on how warm is "warm" to you.  The daffodils start blooming in February.  The Canadians' comments about Atlanta (when I used to work with a lot who travelled) was, "Wow! Ten months of golf!  The other two months it's too hot."

Air conditioning here is necessity, not luxury.

Still, I used to live in Orange County (Warwick), and we moved to South Carolina one January.  It felt like spring had come, immediately, but I acclimated fast.  Of course, I was seven, but you're young enough it would probably go okay for you.

I had a coworker once from Ohio who didn't like the cold.  So he started with Atlanta and figured he'd move farther and farther south, if necessary, until he found a good job in the warm.

I don't know what the job market is like in Athens.

I do know that Atlanta is pleasant.  I've lived here for twenty-one years and love it.  It's not like NYC at all---it's very green, lots of trees everywhere, and plenty of parks with greenspace.

I've never personally felt jammed together with loads of people here, but tastes vary.

Cost of living is higher than average, but reasonable if you live on the bus and train lines because you don't have to own a car---it just takes you twice as long to get to and from work that way.  Most people that get to work on MARTA read or work or listen to music on headphones on their commute, turning it into a sort of downtime.

The other good thing about Metro Atlanta (I love this town) is that there are a bazillion different colleges and junior colleges to choose from so you definitely can get into one.  Except, it's very hard to get in-state residency now before you're 25.

OTOH, if you do individual study well, you can study for and take CLEP exams during your pre-25 years and then apply to a school that will honor those credits.  There are about 36 CLEP courses.  Even if your college ends up not taking all of them, you will be prepared to take the class and ace it when you can.  There are also a bunch of private colleges where tuition is generally higher than in state public, but will likely be lower than out of state public, and you can still qualify for financial aid since your parents won't be supporting you at all.

I'd suggest you at least visit metro atlanta and tour around it on MARTA out beyond the perimeter (I-285) before you decide against it if Georgia is the climate you want.  There is so much opportunity here, including large counter-culture communities where extensive piercings and tattoos won't be a minus.  However, in the larger work community, they would be an issue and, depending on the kind of job you want, you might have to figure out a way to tone down the "look" for work.

One of the better things is you can get here on greyhound, take MARTA out to the burbs to check into a relatively less expensive hotel, and then take MARTA back in to ride all over the line and tour the city and figure out if it's for you.

Avoid the southwest quarter of the city, as it contains most of the high crime areas and it's easy to accidentally wander into someplace dangerous for you if you don't know the city yet.

Spring is a great time of year in Atlanta, really pretty.  It would be a good time to ride the dog and take a road trip.

Julie