Author Topic: Katie's parents can't defend their actions rationally.  (Read 1804 times)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Katie's parents can't defend their actions rationally.
« on: April 16, 2009, 10:40:46 PM »
ITT they try to defend themselves on a rational, fact-based logical basis without anyone trolling them or cajoling them or trying to harass them. If they say something nonsensical, I break it down and refute it and they try again.

:birthday:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Katie's parents can't defend their actions rationally.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 10:55:16 PM »
When

Where

How

What

Not Who though.. we've had enough of him.

Be precise because I'm failing to see what it is you are talking about. Random post is random post...

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 10:56:32 PM »
I invited them to defend what they did to her (sending her off) and their actions after that, such as keeping her there, then talking about her to everyone and trying to act like they're martyrs for doing it on the internet.

I mean I can lead a horse to water but I can't make the horse drink it. Unless I put some koolaid mix in it.

Hrm. I need some grass flavored koolaid.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 11:01:00 PM »
YOU ARE EITHER WASTED OR YOU WELDED THE TWO HALVES OF YOUR BRAIN TOGETHER ON ACCIDENT. NO MATTER.. GOOD LUCK... PERSONALLY I'M STAYING OUT OF THIS ONE AS I'M AFRAID OF THEIR BEING A BACK LASH AGAINST KATIE.

ONCE SHE IS OUT OF THERE I'LL RUN MY YAP ALL I WANT.

PS.. WHY AM I TYPING IN CAPS LOCK???

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 11:03:02 PM »
Because you forgot to wrap up with that one chick from Saigon man.

Ouch.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 11:14:52 PM »
Quote from: "Nihilanthic"
ITT they try to defend themselves on a rational, fact-based logical basis without anyone trolling them or cajoling them or trying to harass them. If they say something nonsensical, I break it down and refute it and they try again.

That makes no sense at all.  Why would the parents even think they need to defend their actions?  It is clear by reading their blog why Katie went to Cross Creek.  Katie is the one who is trying to make sense of why she ended up there.  The parents already know why.
What is wrong with you?  Try reading thru the blog and then Katies post before making those statements.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 11:18:58 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"

That makes no sense at all.  Why would the parents even think they need to defend their actions?  It is clear by reading their blog why Katie went to Cross Creek.  Katie is the one who is trying to make sense of why she ended up there.  The parents already know why.
What is wrong with you?  Try reading thru the blog and then Katies post before making those statements.

Because its nonsense, cliche-charged and basically appeals to emotion ad nauseum?

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 11:22:16 PM »

Because its nonsense, cliche-charged and basically appeals to emotion ad nauseum?

Well have at it then and have fun! lol

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 11:23:12 PM »

Well have at it then and have fun! lol
I'm hoping I can teach them about epistemology... what facts are and emotions or empty assertions are not.

Or at least rigorous debate.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 11:44:58 PM »
Their method of debate seems to be blaming everything on Katie.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 11:53:23 PM »
Niles is so sweet and well meaning :-* As are you, che.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 02:37:33 PM »

Oh I'm real affectionate to people unless they abuse their own kids and try to turn it and make it about themselves instead of their children.

Then I'm just honest.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 07:17:59 PM »

Oh I'm real affectionate to people unless they abuse their own kids and try to turn it and make it about themselves instead of their children.

Then I'm just honest.

Ok. Just so you know i wasn't being sarcastic :-*

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 08:36:13 PM »

Then I'm just honest.

Ok. Just so you know i wasn't being sarcastic :-*

Who said I was?