Author Topic: Another Death of Ex-HLAer  (Read 7354 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Another Death of Ex-HLAer
« on: February 25, 2009, 03:07:22 PM »
Tyson Tully  
Tyson Tully, age 25, of Ottawa, Kansas, formerly of Louisburg, Kansas, and Englewood, Colorado, made his transition on November 3, 2008, at his home. He was born January 4, 1983, in Dodge City, Kan., the son of Keith and Donna Torline Tully. Tyson attended elementary and middle school in Englewood, Colo. He then went to high school at Hidden Lake Academy, Dahlenega, Ga., and graduated in 2000. He worked for Driver's Bar & Grill, Ottawa, Kan. He was an avid Denver Bronco's fan, loved to fish and enjoyed watching movies. He was preceded in death by his grandparents, Paul and Vera Tully and Joe and Evah Torline, Spearville, Kan. Survivors include his parents, Keith and Donna Tully, Louisburg, Kan.; his daughter, Mikayla Tully, Olathe, Kan.; two brothers, Lance Tully and wife Lindsey, Denver, Colo., and Devin Tully, Pittsburg, Kan.; many loving aunts, uncles and cousins. Celebration of life will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, November 8, 2008, at the Unity Church of Overland Park, 10300 Antioch Road, Overland Park, Kan. In lieu of flowers, the family suggest memorials be given to the Elizabeth Layton Center, 2537 Eisenhower Road, Ottawa, KS 66067, or in care of Penwell-Gabel Funeral Home, 120 S. Broadway, Louisburg, KS 66053. To send a special message to the family you may go to our website at http://www.penwellgabel.com. Arrangements: Penwell-Gabel Louisburg Chapel, (913) 837-4310.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Another Death of Ex-HLAer
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 04:56:48 PM »
RIP Tyson Tully

so, i guess HLA doesnt save lives, does it?
and i guess it doesnt make anyone "succeed"...the guy never got an education, worked at a resturant and had a kid. at 25.

i would put money on this being self-inflicted: Drug overdose, suicide, overeating, etc.

Offline along comes mary

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 02:49:06 AM »
Quote from: "1utj1"
RIP Tyson Tully

so, i guess HLA doesnt save lives, does it?
and i guess it doesnt make anyone "succeed"...the guy never got an education, worked at a resturant and had a kid. at 25.

i would put money on this being self-inflicted: Drug overdose, suicide, overeating, etc.

"The guy" was my friend, you smarmy bitch.

I am not a fan of HLA, but I would NEVER dream of slandering a HLA survivor to make a point. You must be ashamed to have written such a despicable thing.

Tyson was a sweetheart.
Who the HELL are you to pass judgment on my friend's life and speculate about his death?

Anyone would have a much easier time of pegging YOUR character from that post than you did of pegging Tyson's from his obituary.

If this is your idea of making a case against HLA, than I think I speak for everyone when I say we'd rather not have your help.

You are disgusting.
And then along comes Mary
And does she want to set them free, and let them see reality
From where she got her name
And will they struggle much, when told that such a tender touch of hers
Will make them not the same

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
4zlt05f
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 08:17:20 AM »
i found most people at HLA disgusting, including yourself.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 08:39:08 AM »
I'm sorry but if you have kids before you have a stable career, or get married early, or in general have kids before your in your late 20's, theres something wrong with you. if you're 25 and work at a diner and have issues, you dont have kids. if you did, then shame on you. i feel sorry for his kid. it's like the whole octo-mom issue, but minus seven kids.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 07:43:39 PM »
Quote from: "229sr"
I'm sorry but if you have kids before you have a stable career, or get married early, or in general have kids before your in your late 20's, theres something wrong with you. if you're 25 and work at a diner and have issues, you dont have kids. if you did, then shame on you. i feel sorry for his kid. it's like the whole octo-mom issue, but minus seven kids.

You have no idea how judgmental you sound. You know? Stuff happens. Not all pregnancies are "planned". Plus, its generally the woman's call after that happens. Maybe he was working at the restaurant while studying for school. Trying to get his life together. He doesn't deserve this shit.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 12:35:19 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Quote from: "229sr"

You have no idea how judgmental you sound. You know? Stuff happens. Not all pregnancies are "planned". Plus, its generally the woman's call after that happens. Maybe he was working at the restaurant while studying for school. Trying to get his life together. He doesn't deserve this shit.

Thank you to whoever you are that is defending my cousin.  

For the one that is speaking ill of him let me tell you his story.  He was a great kid!  His problems number one were genetic.  I also suffer from Bipolar but am lucky to not have the addiction problem.  I have two children and am recently divorced. Are you telling me I am a terrible mother because I suffer from an uncureable disoder, or that because I had my first child at 23?   He is from a great family with parents and siblings that tried everything for him.  Now number two, his death was from natural cause.  So get your story straight before you start spreading rumors.  Number three his child is very well taken care of and will always know who his father was.  The child is loved from both sides of the family.  When the child is old enough to understand Tyson's illness and struggle will be told. Whatever grudge you have, DO NOT TAKE IT OUT ON TYSON!!!  Let him RIP.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
HLA "Death Index"
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 03:02:34 PM »
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 09:19:47 PM »
This is so typical of HLA....using the departed like this.  And, the correct spelling for the Latin phrase is "in Memoriam".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 11:30:31 PM »
11 deaths. That’s almost one per year. Wonder how that compares to other programs?  Does that support the notion that they take kids who are too distressed to be there and were not “helped”? If I were a potential client that would cause me pause.

Kathleen must have put in double time to generate that Flap Crap. Since the Alumni forum was such a disastrous flop she had to come up with a venue where people couldn’t speak openly. Required too much moderating on her part. Just pics, no dialogue. The HLA way.

Notice the page on Ed Cons “who know them well”?

Urgh.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 11:21:25 PM »
I have no doubt Buchi was grinding his teeth in frustration over not being able to include a link for donations to the "chapel fund".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 11:40:43 PM »
Sadly, Buccellato will be fine financially as it was not personal bankruptcy and he and his financial guru are shrewd, so much was sold and moved.  It is my hope that the IRS will prosecute him and his co-horts.  Lord knows they have been given enough to fry one of the Judges chickens.  Then there was 'testimony' given to the GAO and Congressman Miller, including mine.  The GAO paid alot of visits and not just to HLA.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 03:11:22 AM »
Quote from: "GUEST 99"
Sadly, Buccellato will be fine financially as it was not personal bankruptcy and he and his financial guru are shrewd, so much was sold and moved.  It is my hope that the IRS will prosecute him and his co-horts.  Lord knows they have been given enough to fry one of the Judges chickens.  Then there was 'testimony' given to the GAO and Congressman Miller, including mine.  The GAO paid alot of visits and not just to HLA.
Sadly, due to the meddling of a certain organization that will not be named, that evidence was scrapped from the final report in favor of only evidence that would support the effectiveness of a certain bill (which wasn't passed anyway).  Everybody who knows what i'm talking about knows, and i'll leave it at that.  No need to pry open old wounds.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 08:05:14 AM »
Quote from: "psy"
Quote from: "GUEST 99"
Sadly, due to the meddling of a certain organization that will not be named, that evidence was scrapped from the final report in favor of only evidence that would support the effectiveness of a certain bill (which wasn't passed anyway).  Everybody who knows what i'm talking about knows, and i'll leave it at that.  No need to pry open old wounds.

Do you have information no one else here does? Are you saying that the GAO reports on HLA weren't given to the IRS?

Or was your comment actually off-topic and indeed an attempt to "pry open old wounds". Rather, pour some salt on a wound?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 10:35:35 AM »
Sadly, due to the meddling of a certain organization that will not be named, that evidence was scrapped from the final report in favor of only evidence that would support the effectiveness of a certain bill (which wasn't passed anyway). Everybody who knows what i'm talking about knows, and i'll leave it at that. No need to pry open old wounds.

This is a bold faced lie.  There was no "organization". The GAO has been doing research for ten years on these schools.  Hidden Lake Academy, Inc. was only investigated because of the lawsuit and the lack of integrity exhibited by the ORS in their response over the years. FIrst, the GAO report did not make it to the final May hearing, because they were waiting on documents and did not get approval in time for the hearing from the GAO's attorneys. The final report was not submitted, period."the final report in favor of only evidence that would support the effectiveness of a certain bill (which wasn't passed anyway)" What the GAO did uncover was not good news for Buccellato, however the agents stated that "it was only in their power to make recommendations to the Federal governing agencies for further investigation as the GAO entity did not have the power to prosecute."  If anything, the current lawsuit was a problem for the GAO attorneys and that helped to keep HLA out of the spotlight.  Since the report was not finalized in time, Congressman Miller requested through the agents for a report (testimony) from individuals for Congressional review.  The GAO was informed and learned of the financial handlings of Buccellatos empire, but, again, they can  only make recommendations for prosecution, FTC, OSHA, ICPC and of-course, the IRS was among the alleged violations.  If the agents did recommend prosecution and to which agencies, rests with them, as they were not at liberty to disclose.  However, knowing these agents, if they could, they did and if they did, that rests with the Federal agencies.  Although they received information that would support the Miller Bill, there was evidence given for further prosecutorial review by the Federal government. This did indeed relate to how many of these schools and their owners operate, thus giving more credence as to why Congress should pass the bill and did, now HR 911.
The IRS issue relating to Buccellato can be separated from the GAO findings and whether the Federal government chooses to act.  Afterall, they have bigger fish to catch, as in the Madoff case.  Also, it has to be worth their time and money expended. Since HLA, INC. is a non-profit, initial complaints can be filed with Georgia's Secretary of State and the IRS in Texas, which handles non-profit, this agency has been contacted.  Again, there is the "Whistle Blowers" program, which is another IRS department.
The poster above does not know what transpired.. as I was the GAO'S initial and key contact.