Author Topic: Another Death of Ex-HLAer  (Read 7355 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Another Death of Ex-HLAer
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 11:44:40 AM »
Quote from: "OY7DiiWJ"
Do you have information no one else here does?

No, this was covered a while back publicly where a representative from the organization in question admitted to it publicly.  This was during the "great backup failure" period, though, so the posts were lost.  Long story.  Contact me privately if you want the full thing.

Are you saying that the GAO reports on HLA weren't given to the IRS?

Or was your comment actually off-topic and indeed an attempt to "pry open old wounds". Rather, pour some salt on a wound?

no.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 11:52:21 AM »
Quote from: "Jill Ryan"
Sadly, due to the meddling of a certain organization that will not be named, that evidence was scrapped from the final report in favor of only evidence that would support the effectiveness of a certain bill (which wasn't passed anyway). Everybody who knows what i'm talking about knows, and i'll leave it at that. No need to pry open old wounds.

This is a bold faced lie.

Unfortunately, it's not.  Check your email.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 12:10:41 PM »
Quote from: "psy"

No, this was covered a while back publicly where a representative from the organization in question admitted to it publicly.  This was during the "great backup failure" period, though, so the posts were lost.  Long story.  Contact me privately if you want the full thing.

Or was your comment actually off-topic and indeed an attempt to "pry open old wounds". Rather, pour some salt on a wound?

no.

How is that relevant to this discussion? What's it got to do with the GAOs report on HLA being given to the IRS? Now if you have some evidence that IRS "scrapped" the GAO report because of some 'organization's" alleged mistake, the folks in the HLA forum might be interested. Otherwise, take your resentment of CAFETY back to a forum where it's of interest.

Better yet, why don't you see if you can locate a different confirmation code system. How many people say 'fuck it' when they have to guess at the characters 6 times in order to post.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 12:40:25 PM »
Quote from: "4FYEVV"

no.

How is that relevant to this discussion? What's it got to do with the GAOs report on HLA being given to the IRS? Now if you have some evidence that IRS "scrapped" the GAO report because of some 'organization's" alleged mistake, the folks in the HLA forum might be interested. Otherwise, take your resentment of CAFETY back to a forum where it's of interest.

I wasn't talking about the IRS scrapping anything.  Sorry if that was unclear.  I'm sure they are looking into HLA if evidence was provided to them.  I was just talking about content for the hearing and report (public) being scrapped based on the behind the scenes recommendations to miller's office, the reasoning of which was: if it wasn't going to be "fixed" by the bill, it shouldn't be discussed.  The idea was to convince people that this bill could fix everything, somehow.  IMO, wishful thinking at it's worst, and it undermined a lot of people's hard work.  The public's right to know and the truth took a back burner to a political agenda.  It wasn't the GAO's fault, I want to be clear on that, but their hands were tied by what the committee wanted in the report and at the hearing.

Better yet, why don't you see if you can locate a different confirmation code system. How many people say 'fuck it' when they have to guess at the characters 6 times in order to post.

If I reduce it any, spam gets through, and a lot of it.  Sorry.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2009, 02:45:48 PM »
I wasn't talking about the IRS scrapping anything.  Sorry if that was unclear.  I'm sure they are looking into HLA if evidence was provided to them.

That's what I thought. Your comment was totally irrelevant to this discussion.
Someone said "GAO/Miller" and you couldn't resist the opportunity to slam CAFETY and Miller's legislative efforts. The idea was never to convince people that the bill could fix everything. That's so naieve. It undermined NO ONEs hard work.  The people's right to know did not take a back burner to a political agenda. The legislation would do as much or more to educate the public- via its mandate that programs provide a link to the government site where information on programs with violations, deaths, injuries are listed- than fornits does. It would've been logistically impossible to include every survivor for the past 30 years in the limited scope of the hearing. Miller has been trying for legislation for at least a couple of decades. I think he has a better handle on what will fly and what won't.

Now, what were we discussing... oh yes, will IRS act on the information they've been give, which included the GAOs report.

Offline graduated

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2009, 01:17:40 AM »
im pretty sure that people who DIDNT go to HLA also have kids when they're "too young", and also die before their time is really up. and you know what? more often than not, people who have never even heard of HLA have drug addictions, eating disorders, and self injury issues. im also pretty sure that all of those issues existed LONG before HLA did.

but, i dont know, you guys are probably right. HLA is responsible for every bad thing that ever happened to you, your relatives, and even your goldfish. (i have my own theories on Their involvement in the September 11th terrorist attacks as well as the Oklahoma City bombing, but i dont want to be...*shudder*...NEXT). so please dont bother to take responsibility for the choices that you have made in your lives. blame it on Them.

by the way, i've been brainwashed by HLA to say ALL of that. so you can argue with me, but They will program me with the perfect counter-argument.

wack jobs. the lot of you. find a hobby.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2009, 04:01:59 PM »
Graduated.....ehem.....Caitlyn hansgopherface, you are not fooling anyone. i could pick your angry ass out of crowd blind and deaf. I think you are the one in need of a hobby.

I think you need to do some fallout. and then go suck your counselor's cock.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2009, 05:37:12 PM »
The deaths are an indicator of bad placements and HLAs inability to help teens, particularly those who have serious distress.
Parents should be seeking evidence-based help when they can't reach their child, not ship them off to some isolated gulag that tortures under the guise of therapy. HLA could fuck up a normal, stable kid. Imagine what they do to those who are distressed.

Offline graduated

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2009, 06:56:29 PM »
ACTUALLY, caitlin himmigoefer never went to HLA and im assuming your referring to that rant on the "HLA made me do drugs" discussion on facebook. she is the girlfriend of another HLA graduate. my rants are, at the very least, comprehensible. however, i realize i have no way of proving im not her and you'll believe whatever you want to believe.

anyhoo, i'd like to ask guest54 (i cant remember if that was your username, sorry) what you define as torture and when exactly you experienced it at HLA. or if you are just basing your post on a bunch of nonsense you read in this forum.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2009, 12:41:30 PM »
but, i dont know, you guys are probably right. HLA is responsible for every bad thing that ever happened to you, your relatives, and even your goldfish. (i have my own theories on Their involvement in the September 11th terrorist attacks as well as the Oklahoma City bombing, but i dont want to be...*shudder*...NEXT). so please dont bother to take responsibility for the choices that you have made in your lives. blame it on Them.

by the way, i've been brainwashed by HLA to say ALL of that. so you can argue with me, but They will program me with the perfect counter-argument.

The staff of HLA couldnt program someone to reason their way out of a cardboard box. Of all the many, many lap dogs and puppets who have been sent from HLA to disrupt this forum, not a one of them has ever brought a rationale argument to the table. Not ever.

You appear to be no different in your approach. It is you who can not accept that the majority of kids who walked out of that gulag (graduated or not) were never helped, and in many cases (my own included) actually came out far worse than when they came in.

To answer your question however I will tell you some of the things we experienced that can be considered torture:

Sleep Deprivation

Food rationing

Forced out the elements for hours on end in extreme weather with no protection.

Physical abuse, i.e "takedowns". Just because you call a thing by another name doesnt change what it is.

Being made to remain in the same position for hours on end.

Being screamed at or maniuplated into confessing crimes.

Beinfg forced to confess crimes of others under threats of duress.

Constantly threatened with more severe punishments for refusing to comply.

Being constantly belittled or attacked and have it called therapy.

The answer to your other question is, all the time.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2009, 02:47:57 PM »
Quote from: "graduated"
ACTUALLY, caitlin himmigoefer never went to HLA and im assuming your referring to that rant on the "HLA made me do drugs" discussion on facebook. she is the girlfriend of another HLA graduate. my rants are, at the very least, comprehensible. however, i realize i have no way of proving im not her and you'll believe whatever you want to believe.

anyhoo, i'd like to ask guest54 (i cant remember if that was your username, sorry) what you define as torture and when exactly you experienced it at HLA. or if you are just basing your post on a bunch of nonsense you read in this forum.

Did caitlin give you permission to post her full name on this site?

wow, you really are stupid.
I dont even need to work for the CIA to know that your writing style is a dead ringer for caitlin's. not many people have such a unique style with that certain tinge of forcefulness expressed with certain very specific identifying markers as Caitlin does.  

Caitlyn or not, either way, how classically HLA of you. straight from the manual.

Offline graduated

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2009, 11:09:55 PM »
you know what? i did not get her permission, however, im sure she probably wouldn't mind since her posting was made on a public site available for all to view. but if you'd like, you're welcome to sue me.

a unique style? dropping the f-bomb at least two times every sentence is a unique writing style? i like to think im a bit more eloquent than she.
the similarity you are seeing between she and i is the fact that we both think people like you are too cowardly to take responsibility for your own actions.

and i know how things work on here. somebody comes on here with a different point of view and you all gang up on them to try and silence them. you're welcome to skip that whole process if you like, since i will not be chased off. just if you'd like to save yourselves some time.

by the way, i think you're all delusional and you should have stayed in therapy.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2009, 11:31:02 PM »
you know what? i did not get her permission, however, im sure she probably wouldn't mind since her posting was made on a public site available for all to view. but if you'd like, you're welcome to sue me.

a unique style? dropping the f-bomb at least two times every sentence is a unique writing style? i like to think im a bit more eloquent than she.
the similarity you are seeing between she and i is the fact that we both think people like you are too cowardly to take responsibility for your own actions.

and i know how things work on here. somebody comes on here with a different point of view and you all gang up on them to try and silence them. you're welcome to skip that whole process if you like, since i will not be chased off. just if you'd like to save yourselves some time.

by the way, i think you're all delusional and you should have stayed in therapy.

LOL. What does taking responsibility for one's actions have to do with being outraged at having been fed a more-or-less constant diet of confrontation and humiliation, and being "belittled or attacked" for things one didn't even do?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline graduated

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 12:15:37 AM »
because those things never happened. only somebody very thin-skinned would mistake anything that occurred at HLA as abuse.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2009, 12:39:25 AM »
because those things never happened. only somebody very thin-skinned would mistake anything that occurred at HLA as abuse.

Can you see inside of everyone else's head?

Can you honestly say that you -- one person, with one experience, your own experience, and opinion and interpretation thereof which you are respectfully entitled to -- can speak for everyone else?

It seems to me, by the very nature of the title of this thread, that not everyone found the experience beneficial.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------