Author Topic: Derivatives  (Read 1371 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Derivatives
« on: January 23, 2009, 09:16:18 PM »
Straight was bad, and the derivatives suck too...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Derivatives
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 01:50:51 AM »
Yes.  And isn't it also true that $tr8 sucked and the derivatives still do.

...In either case you are right.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 11:53:46 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 12:20:56 PM »
Quote from: "Guest23"
http://www.mcgilldaily.com/article/3174--does-my-teen-need-help-

This little exchange is so telling.  Program supporters cannot bear anything negative said about their program so they go on the attack.  And AARC has taught them well in the fine art of confrontation and humiliation, as you can see.

Albertan wrote:

Dear D.F.K. Yes, T. Brown and Greg Elliot and Levon are some REAL winners to look to. I would love to see the train wreck that little sick Lev and his mommy will create. And G. Findlay is quite the prize as well. She should make CBC look real good by teaming up with Elliot and Brown et.al. Yes, the AARC parent sounds equally as wacked but the bottom line is they are breed together. Good luck Findlay!! LOL

Dec 21 at 01:01 PM

T. Brown wrote:

Albertan wrote:

"I would love to see the train wreck that little sick Lev and his mommy will create."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, the ONLY people to ever call Levon "Lev" were AARC members, they refused to call him by his "real" name.

"Little sick Lev" has been out of AARC for over 6 months now - he hasn't looked or gone back, and aside from his experience at AARC is doing better than ever. So what exactly is your point, and what type of "Train wreck" exactly are you expecting??

Levon knows who bought him his Christmas presents this year.

Last year Colin Brown told Levon that the shirt I bought and wrapped for Levon was his own, that he didn't want it and Levon could have it.

Levon's stocking I provided was emptied and the contents were presented to him as a "random donation" to the center!

Who would do that???

You're either in or out of this place. Just like a cult!

If you don't agree with everything they say and expect of you they WILL banish you and do their VERY best to destroy your family relationship.

Over the last several months Levon has discovered that this is only one of oh so many lies that were told to him. Information from AARC was the only input the kid had though, what was he supposed to believe?

No contact with the outside world at all, or his own family. And AARC claims to be "outpatient" as shown here:

http://www.calgaryaddiction.com/pages/a ... rvices.php

I guess this helps them avoid compliance with several Acts that exist to protect the citizens in this province and country.

Open your eyes, and check the fine print.

Dec 28 at 05:00 AM

interested party wrote:

Because lil Lev and mommy dearest, you continue to kick up a fuss and try to trash a place that has been PROVEN to help those who have the courage to really look at themselves and do what is necessary to change.

Why did you two use the good folks at AARC, Lev? you sure took their kindness, time and support and then turned around and spit in their faces. why didn't you walk away?? instead of wasting their time, taking resourses and time that could have been invested in others?? You must feel very proud of yourself!!

Jan 01 at 01:18 PM

Offline Fire Swamp

• View Profile
Straight, Incorporated
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 01:31:26 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Yes.  And isn't it also true that $tr8 sucked and the derivatives still do.

...In either case you are right.
Yes, it is true that the suckaj factor was tré high at 'Straight, Inc.' and that its evil spawn sucks the souls of vulnerable victims to this day.

Now quit rephrasing everything I say and tell us something we DON'T know, for fuck's sake.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 03:39:06 PM »
Sorry.  

Man.

So harsh.   :cheers:

You have every right to grow according to your nature and $tr8 Inc. violated those natural(god-given, so to speak) rights.  For what ??  For who ??  The Semblers and their dastardly ilk ??  Mel Riddle and the like ??  

It was the system.  I never took it personal.  It was always an impersonal violation to me.  Everything was impersonal.  You had to shut down certain senses and brace yourself to some degree, while simultaneously heightening others to try to anticipate where it would come from next.  That way you could be cold hearted and pre-emptive.  

It seems to me that Mel Riddle and the Semblers and all the parents who came in and got brainwashed and then went along with things to the point of getting really involved with the parent group or the Straight Inc. organization, such as fund raising and such should be held responsible for their actions.  I was just a kid but I knew better than all of the adults that I met in the program, even then, is what I'm sayin.  

There's nothin I can tell you that you don't know.

...and I would, humbly, if you'll allow me, add, that you have hit the mark again with your last post, in which you refer to how bad $tr8 sucked with the use of the term "suckaj".

...Well done!

Yeah.  $tr8 sucked! and it didn't save my life.  The derivatives suck too.  Yes I heartily concur!!

Offline Fire Swamp

• View Profile
I was a teenage DRUGGIE.
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2009, 03:52:46 PM »
There's nothin I can tell you that you don't know.
Probably not. Anyway I don't know what i was thinking, starting a stupid thread like this..well, yes i do -- I was clowning a little on the choice of words for the current name of this forum, "Derivatives," as if Straight were some kind of drug for retards; that's what it sounds like, sort of.  :D

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2009, 05:08:07 PM »
Good show then. I thank you for the conversation and wish you much success in all your future endeavors.

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 01:43:20 AM »
The house lights have all dimmed so the room is dark but the audience is all seated and still talking in excited tones, anticipating the evening's entertainment.  The wooden stage is reminiscent of 1980s style public school auditorium.  The ghost of Princess Diana appears in the spotlight wearing a white dress with red and black trim and speaks into the mic.  As the red and black velvet curtains, each displaying one 1/2 of the Straight insignia slowly opens, she addresses the hushed crowd.  Mel Sembler can barley be seen in the background tuning up his shopping mall shaped guitar.

(dramatically)"Ladies and gentleman put your hands together for...Straight Incorporated and the Derivatives...(as if speaking to herself)and if thought reform is dead, this is the biggest funeral I ever saw"  The ghost of Lady Diana exits the stage as the spotlight cuts out.  Fluoresecent stage lights come up.  A huge robotic penis pump towers over the band, dominating the stage.

Suddenly Miller Newton steps out of the dry ice fog thumpin a black, cross shaped bass and wearin some obscure religious robes.  His face turns red and the veins in his neck and forehead bulge as he grabs the mic and strains at the crowd to sit up straight and wheezes at them to pay attention

Sembler cuts into a prissy riff hinting at "Straight is it"  Some people in the crowd begin to yell that they are powerless and this is Betty Sembler's cue to join in on drums

Everyone cheers.

Gary the Gorilla, Terri Nissley and Penny Walker were singin the backing vocals in dynamic harmony:..."...the truest place we've ever found..."...

That's all I could take.  I left after that.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 06:51:25 AM »
Ok, now that was pretty good!
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 09:33:15 AM »
Quote from: "starry-eyed pirate"
The house lights have all dimmed so the room is dark but the audience is all seated and still talking in excited tones, anticipating the evening's entertainment.  The wooden stage is reminiscent of 1980s style public school auditorium.  The ghost of Princess Diana appears in the spotlight wearing a white dress with red and black trim and speaks into the mic.  As the red and black velvet curtains, each displaying one 1/2 of the Straight insignia slowly opens, she addresses the hushed crowd.  Mel Sembler can barley be seen in the background tuning up his shopping mall shaped guitar.

(dramatically)"Ladies and gentleman put your hands together for...Straight Incorporated and the Derivatives...(as if speaking to herself)and if thought reform is dead, this is the biggest funeral I ever saw"  The ghost of Lady Diana exits the stage as the spotlight cuts out.  Fluoresecent stage lights come up.  A huge robotic penis pump towers over the band, dominating the stage.

Suddenly Miller Newton steps out of the dry ice fog thumpin a black, cross shaped bass and wearin some obscure religious robes.  His face turns red and the veins in his neck and forehead bulge as he grabs the mic and strains at the crowd to sit up straight and wheezes at them to pay attention

Sembler cuts into a prissy riff hinting at "Straight is it"  Some people in the crowd begin to yell that they are powerless and this is Betty Sembler's cue to join in on drums

Everyone cheers.

Gary the Gorilla, Terri Nissley and Penny Walker were singin the backing vocals in dynamic harmony:..."...the truest place we've ever found..."...

That's all I could take.  I left after that.

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 11:35:42 AM »
:cheers:  :cheers:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 02:21:42 AM »
:cheers: That sounds familiar.  Where did you see them at ?  I think I saw them a little later in their career, not all the original members were still in the band, but they kind of had a Menudo thing goin on.  The way they kept it fresh.  8)  Unh!  Let it bleed baby.

You shoulda put this on the big bad ass concert thread.  :ftard:  :poison:  :ftard: