Author Topic: Horse Gone, Closing Barn Door  (Read 16829 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Horse Gone, Closing Barn Door
« Reply #180 on: February 10, 2009, 08:20:48 PM »
in aarc for almost a year never heard of marty heeg never treated by dr hogg or whatever either
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 10, 2009, 08:33:48 PM »
Quote from: "guest2"
Quote from: "ajax13"
Sorry, did you say you were stepping out from behind the anonimity of Fornits?  

I suppose in YOUR world that is the correct way to spell anonymity . every time you talk about ANONYMITY you show what trailer trash you really are . . Try pronouncing it as well . . bet yA can't do that either!  I think we just like remaining anonymous so we can see you spell the word LOLOL roflmao . . and you really think maybe this is not part of the problem for you being heard by all the public officals that you run down . . .

I dont recall Ajax giving us his name.  Why is the pot calling the kettle black?  This is the only way Ajax will say what he does.  If he told a public official he would have to give his real name and back up what he says with facts.  Ajax feels better about himself when he cannot be confronted.  This way he can say what he likes and hide behind his veil.

Someone pass the popcorn.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 10, 2009, 10:47:18 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
$1-$39,999
$40,000-$79,999 1
$80,000-$119,999 2
$119,999 and over 2

They are cheap bastards, no freebies at this place.  I would expect the top people to be all making over 200,000 easy.  They must run a tight ship there.  Someone mentioned "bring your own underwear", I think they are right, this even applies to their top people!! LOL

it also means that 30 employees earn under $40K a year. WHERE IS THE MONEY GOING???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 10, 2009, 10:55:32 PM »
Quote from: "recentgrad"
in aarc for almost a year never heard of marty heeg never treated by dr hogg or whatever either

guess you JUST used too many drugs then buddy ya poor dear

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 10, 2009, 11:50:54 PM »
I would expect the top people to make salaries in line with their qualifications.  What does a phys ed teacher and guidance counselor make in the Calgary School System?  How about unlicensed marriage counselors?  How about, oh what do you call what Lyin' Bryan does, anyway?  I suppose one might compare his job to that of a sadistic, depraved summer camp counselor.
That is a tight ship though, with a million and a half of "other expenses".
Please remember guest, that you're a degenerate with a criminal's mindset when it comes to looking at this.  That's why you don't understand non-criminal's dismay with AARC's finances.  It's okay.  It could have been the result of something congenital, or an injury, or perhaps you were subjected to monstrous abuse in the formative years of your life, before age 3.
Whatever the case, as long as you don't ever get near any children and limit the manifestations of your perversion to Fornits, by all means carry on.
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

MR. NELSON: Mr. Speaker, AADAC has been involved with
assistance in developing the program of the Alberta Adolescent
Recovery Centre since its inception originally as Kids of the
Canadian West."
Alberta Hansard, March 24, 1992

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 11, 2009, 09:03:17 AM »
What you may want to account for is the fact that many small private and public schools have their employees wear several hats.  The gym teacher may also be the basketball coach and fill-in at the front office.  So their base salaries may be well in line with the private/public sector (or even much lower for each job) but their gross pay/compensation may be higher than any one individual job posting.
What needs to be done is to take a look at what each person does and compare this to other areas of public service.  What you have are reports for accounting purposes only.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 11, 2009, 09:40:24 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"
What you may want to account for is the fact that many small private and public schools have their employees wear several hats.  The gym teacher may also be the basketball coach and fill-in at the front office.  So their base salaries may be well in line with the private/public sector (or even much lower for each job) but their gross pay/compensation may be higher than any one individual job posting.
What needs to be done is to take a look at what each person does and compare this to other areas of public service.  What you have are reports for accounting purposes only.

Never thought of that, We have State troopers in our state who are taking home $160,000 yet their base pay is around $80,000.  Something else to consider is that the people at AARC may work longer hours than other people in their professions.  I wonder when the last time they gave their people a pay raise. Considering that they are a relatively small operation (under 10 million a year) and a charity status may account for their low compensations.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 11, 2009, 11:26:13 AM »
Great point.  Let's look at what the staff does at AARC: play recorded music, lead prayer, organize group confessionals, lead some more prayer, supervise writing in AARC work-books, lead some more confessionals, degrade helpless and highly vulnerable adolescents, load everybody into vehicles to head off to the home-made jails, bed.
How does one calculate proper compensation for that?
"AARC will go on serving youth and families as long as it will be needed, if it keeps open to God for inspiration" Dr. F. Dean Vause Executive Director

Canadian West."

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 11, 2009, 11:58:10 AM »
Quote from: "ajax13"
Great point.  Let's look at what the staff does at AARC: play recorded music, lead prayer, organize group confessionals, lead some more prayer, supervise writing in AARC work-books, lead some more confessionals, degrade helpless and highly vulnerable adolescents, load everybody into vehicles to head off to the home-made jails, bed.
How does one calculate proper compensation for that?
LOL, No I think the person meant to look at the individual titles and see how much they are compensated for each.  I dont know if this is available in their accounting tables but maybe it is else where.  I like the loading kids up to home made jails.  Would that be the gym teacher?  They should get 30 cents a mile compensation for that.
So the gym teacher would get his/her basic salary plus get paid as a driver to transport the kids where they need to go (prison, I guess, if nesseccary LOL).  But I think you see what they were getting at.

Offline ajax13

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 11, 2009, 12:07:53 PM »
The staff at AARC shouldn't be paid for what they do, they should be barred from any unsupervised contact with minors.  I am in total agreement with you that the AARC staff should receive punishment in accordance to their position in the heirarchy.  The top people bear the most responsiblity for the ongoing criminal activity, and have reaped the most from their illegal endeavors.  Thus they will hopefully end up with the heaviest sanctions.
I almost think we could see eye to eye on this if you could pry yours away from the nearest healthy teen!

Canadian West."

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 11, 2009, 12:17:42 PM »
These discussions are fabulous.  As I have read thru here there has been a lot of negative information and positive information about AARC on here.  This back and forth banter helps to keep them in the spot light which is a great effort for both sides.  There is not a rehab, juvy or prison which the state/province can send people which costs under $200 a day if you include health care costs.  Prisons typically hold their inmates for several years and have an extremely poor rehabilitation rate.  

With these hard economic times coming up the local budgets are going to look closely at cutting costs and if places like AARC can catch the eye of authorities who are looking to reduce the budget.  As Ajax pointed out, AARC can do the job of any of the standard rehabilitation or state prisons for less than $140 a day and many are out within a year or two vs. several years in a state funded prison or a 30 day rehab with poor results.

Ajax (or someone) also pointed out that AARC has a success rate in the 85% range.  Does anyone have this report?  Look at the repeat offenders coming out of prison and 30 day rehabs everyday.  I am sure AARC has their failures too but this place is a good bang for the buck.  The whole operation is under 10 million (not including underwear LOL as someone pointed out) vs. 10’s to 100’s million dollar operating costs of the others.

Has anyone been able to get this information out to the media?  I heard there is going to be a show done on AARC this week?
That might be a good slogan “AARC - Bring your own underwear, we will handle the rest!!)

Maybe AARC should get their own thread? seems to be important enough.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 12, 2009, 12:28:41 PM »
Quote from: "GeorgeS"
These discussions are fabulous.  As I have read thru here there has been a lot of negative information and positive information about AARC on here.  This back and forth banter helps to keep them in the spot light which is a great effort for both sides.  There is not a rehab, juvy or prison which the state/province can send people which costs under $200 a day if you include health care costs.  Prisons typically hold their inmates for several years and have an extremely poor rehabilitation rate.  

With these hard economic times coming up the local budgets are going to look closely at cutting costs and if places like AARC can catch the eye of authorities who are looking to reduce the budget.  As Ajax pointed out, AARC can do the job of any of the standard rehabilitation or state prisons for less than $140 a day and many are out within a year or two vs. several years in a state funded prison or a 30 day rehab with poor results.

Ajax (or someone) also pointed out that AARC has a success rate in the 85% range.  Does anyone have this report?  Look at the repeat offenders coming out of prison and 30 day rehabs everyday.  I am sure AARC has their failures too but this place is a good bang for the buck.  The whole operation is under 10 million (not including underwear LOL as someone pointed out) vs. 10’s to 100’s million dollar operating costs of the others.

Has anyone been able to get this information out to the media?  I heard there is going to be a show done on AARC this week?
That might be a good slogan “AARC - Bring your own underwear, we will handle the rest!!)

Maybe AARC should get their own thread? seems to be important enough.

GeorgeS, I dont know much about AARC itself.  I have only reviewed its studies and read what has been written here, In defense of ajax, he originally introduce the study to point out its flaws, not as a way to show the success rates at AARC.  But the study speaks for itself.  Its was independently done and had the oversight of directors from Hazelden and their foundation.
The information on this thread also has shown AARC has maintained an extremely low overhead in spite of higher operation costs.  I see this (in part)attributed to their charity status and low compensation and/or use of volunteers.  Their continued success should be closely monitored.  I believe someone is going to record the interview on youtube as was mentioned in an earlier post.

AARC Study Link

AARC Outcome Study
Conclusion: The outcome study of AARC was found to be conducted by an independent professional in the area of addiction. To assist with the data collection and computation AARC had one of the Directors of Hazelden and their assistants oversea and help author the study. So the study is rock solid credible with some of it findings being:

85% of all graduates are still living a clean and sober life after 4 years
93% of all graduates are still living a clean and sober life after 12 months
52% of all graduates have had at least one relapse since graduating.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 12, 2009, 01:57:57 PM »
oh hell, dr.hogg is STILL there??? i accidently brought her into that gong show years ago when i came into treatment.... does she buy that bullshit that they feed her now?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 13, 2009, 02:41:35 AM »
lol i graduated from aarc after a nine and a half month stay. It  was tough but I have been clean and sober now for a few years, i tried many programs but nothing ever worked for me, aarc is a good place with good people helping kids who cant help themselves, haha and all this stuff is a JOKE and stupid funny if you ask me, why do people fret on here when you can just ask a few sober grads if they are glad to be sober today, haha, you funny guys making stuff up about aarc, the few grads who bash aarc, cuz it showed them that doing drugs gets you know where, who waste their time to come on these things and talk nonsense about aarc are just trying to cover up some pit inside cuz they missed out on a good opertunity to stay sobbbbeerrr.. and fift estate is all a bunch of tabliod rated garbage who spend their times trying hard to make up stories, didncha mother tell you not everything you hear is the truth, haha

::deadhorse:: you guys are beating a dead horse, nobody cares about your bash talk.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 13, 2009, 04:43:49 AM »
oh hell, dr.hogg is STILL there??? i accidently brought her into that gong show years ago when i came into treatment.... does she buy that bullshit that they feed her now?

Dr. Hogg does not meet the clients, she does not treat the clients.

Dr. Hogg will "consult" with clinical staff regarding information provided by clinical staff.

Dr. Hogg found it "disturbing" that a client had previously been treated by a psychiatrist, but their case had never been brought to her attention.

Interesting how half the board is program parents yet any professionals are "at arms length"! Should be the other way around!

:roflmao: