Author Topic: NEW BABY christening thread  (Read 9960 times)

Offline The Fornits

• View Profile
Re: NEW BABY christening thread
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 12:37:05 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
HOkay...  SOMEbody's got to put in the first post on the new software, it may as well be me...  ;)

So maybe this thread should also be about glitches and flummoxes and problems, too... as we all get settled in...

One thing I really like is that quoted posts are made significantly smaller.  Makes for cleaner reading. 

On the other hand, there is a poorer emoticon mix, and avatars seem a little "smudgy" (at least mine is, lol).

the smilies do suck.. badly.  So let me see if the old ones can be brought over somehow. As for the avatars, i'll see if something can be done.

Appreciate the feeback, btw.  If nobody pointed out half these things, It would take a lot longer for them to get noticed and fixed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 12:46:49 PM »
Quote from: "The Fornits"
Well... editing activity now shows up even when you were the last post, and you just went it 'cause you forgot to add something...

Yeah... and it shows up for moderators too.  so Whooter can't be doing his "somebody modified my post... I didn't write that" shtick...  There is a 90 second grace period, afaik, but that can be changed.

Its a good day in Fornitsville.  Should we send gifts?  I haven't tried the edit function yet, but this should put an end to any speculation as far as posts being modified...thanks guys... nice to put that one to bed!!

Like the new look and functionality so far.

Offline The Fornits

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 12:54:42 PM »
:ftard: (ftard) is working now that I added it manually.  Since they didn't seem to transfer over automatically, I suppose it's a matter of adding them all back in ... oh well...

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 01:52:38 PM »
:ftard: (ftard) is working now that I added it manually.  Since they didn't seem to transfer over automatically, I suppose it's a matter of adding them all back in ... oh well...

Lols!! Well...at least there ain't 20,000 of them!  Which, incidentally, seems to be a very popular number in use on this thread today!   ;)

I noticed that the 2nd one you transported is the old barfaroony!

There's another emoticon which never made it to the previous roster which you might also want to include.  'Tis a handsome little smilie being duly christened, so to speak.  Che submitted it in WFH perhaps a couple of months ago...

http://fornits.com/smf/index.php?topic=24100

By the way, this post also exhibits the loused up formatting I noted earlier. The first TAG is rendered non-functional somehow.  Actually, I just went in to look using "quote post" and there are two first TAGs that are missing.  That post originally had a description of the code, an image of the emoticon, and a link to where it came from.  Apparently only the latter survived the software change.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 02:00:23 PM »
Quote from: "TheWho"
Well... editing activity now shows up even when you were the last post, and you just went it 'cause you forgot to add something...

Yeah... and it shows up for moderators too.  so Whooter can't be doing his "somebody modified my post... I didn't write that" shtick...  There is a 90 second grace period, afaik, but that can be changed.

Its a good day in Fornitsville.  Should we send gifts?
Sure... Just make sure to print your full name and address clearly on the return address.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2008, 02:11:45 PM »

Lols!! Well...at least there ain't 20,000 of them!  Which, incidentally, seems to be a very popular number in use on this thread today!   ;)

I noticed that the 2nd one you transported is the old barfaroony!

There's another emoticon which never made it to the previous roster which you might also want to include.  'Tis a handsome little smilie being duly christened, so to speak.  Che submitted it in WFH perhaps a couple of months ago...

http://fornits.com/smf/index.php?topic=24100

LOL.. oh good lord... lol...  ok..  i'll add it as a hidden one.  just type in "sue" within colons.

Test:
:sue:
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 02:13:15 PM »
Appreciate the feeback, btw. If nobody pointed out half these things, It would take a lot longer for them to get noticed and fixed.

Yeah, well, I sure hope you don't get too miffed or take the lil bits personally, 'cuz the forum looks damn nice, and the changeover went way quicker than I expect most of us were anticipating!  And I had some time this morning...

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2008, 02:18:51 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
Forums within the Grand Three Sub-Sections (General, Tech, Behav Mod industry) are not sorting according to time/date of last post, but according to when they were originally added to the roster (I'm guessing re. that last).

Suffice it to say that these forums are following the fixed order of that little pull-down menu at the bottom of every page when you're on the threads...

I'll see if there is an option to sort that out.

This same issue has come up before during a software or ISP change. Might want to check with Kelly. It may be a fix that was specific to the (then current) software; then again, maybe not.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2008, 02:32:51 PM »

When my 'puter is acting crunchy, 90 seconds might be the time it takes for me to get back in that post. Hate to think of how the poor souls on dial-up are feeling about those 90 seconds... 'Tis certainly not highest priority in the world, but it might be nice to have that grace period extended a wee bit.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2008, 02:42:22 PM »
Okay, I just got logged out, despite opting to stay logged in "forever." There seem to be two places to opt for that, so maybe I just didn't opt for it correctly. At any rate, this happened in the middle of my posting. I had previewed once, everything looked fine, and then when I posted I got sacked with warning messages about needing to fill in my name and email. This was during my just previous post above.

So Anons now need to give an email addy and fill in some name? My guess is that the email addy does not even have to be real, but... Perhaps that issue could be clarified for us all?    :(

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2008, 02:53:03 PM »
Okay, I just got logged out, despite opting to stay logged in "forever." There seem to be two places to opt for that, so maybe I just didn't opt for it correctly. At any rate, this happened in the middle of my posting. I had previewed once, everything looked fine, and then when I posted I got sacked with warning messages about needing to fill in my name and email. This was during my just previous post above.

So Anons now need to give an email addy and fill in some name? My guess is that the email addy does not even have to be real, but... Perhaps that issue could be clarified for us all?    :(

The email address does not need to be real.  It's just used for notifications.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2008, 02:57:07 PM »
When you hit "Previous" or "Next" at the bottom right hand side of the page it takes you to the next "Topic" not the next page.  This may just be a different design and intended to be this way.

I have logged in 3 times and it doesnt seem to take...no messages... just not logged in.

Psy, I always include a return address.

TheWho

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2008, 03:01:02 PM »
Quote from: "the..who..."
When you hit "Previous" or "Next" at the bottom right hand side of the page it takes you to the next "Topic" not the next page.  This may just be a different design and intended to be this way.

I have logged in 3 times and it doesnt seem to take...no messages... just not logged in.

Psy, I always include a return address.

TheWho

For you, I recommend re-installing windows... for anybody else who is having this problem, see if clearing your cookies out works.  I'm using Safari 3 here (Mac) and it's working fine.

Offline The Fornits

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2008, 03:03:55 PM »

When my 'puter is acting crunchy, 90 seconds might be the time it takes for me to get back in that post. Hate to think of how the poor souls on dial-up are feeling about those 90 seconds... 'Tis certainly not highest priority in the world, but it might be nice to have that grace period extended a wee bit.

I changed it to 300 seconds.  You can still edit a post, but there will be a stamp on it.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2008, 03:07:28 PM »
Quote from: "Covergaard"
What shall I do with the links from Fornits Wiki. As far as I can see, the format of the url is different. Will various links from +200 page have to be redone?

Nope... The PhpBB version of this forum is staying where it is for archival purposes.  It's locked for editing, but it's probably a good idea to keep it around (for reasons such as yours, google, and for the thousands of links to Fornits posts on this forum that would have to be somehow changed...  In short: point your browsers to www.fornits.com/smf from now on.

I clicked on a link in a post, which was to another post on the forum, and clicking that link brought me back to the old forum. If I understand you correctly, you are saying that the old forum is now locked? So people would be able to follow that reference to view, but would not be able to add to that subsequent reference thread unless they rooted out it's location on the new forum?