Author Topic: Lulu's Trial  (Read 20173 times)

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2004, 01:21:00 PM »
Ok, I'll be waiting..  :em:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2004, 06:45:00 PM »
Man! I don't know how you manage to stay sane at all, Cayohueso. I suppose I got lucky when my whole family bailed out of So. Florida and I had my home town all to myself. I can't imagine living under the thumb like you have for all of your adult life. Fuck those assholes! You know your kids know the score and they'll be alright and that, one day pretty soon, they won't be able to threaten your children to fuck w/ you. This too will pass. Just know that.

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.

--Thomas Jefferson

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Cleopatra2U

• View Profile
    • http://360.yahoo.com/cleopatra2u
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2004, 03:58:00 AM »
(((((((((((Cayouhueso))))))))))

I'm sorry I don't know what to say...

I thought I had assholes in my life......

(((((((((((Cayouhueso))))))))))

::heart:: Mindi
he trouble with trouble is it starts out as fun.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2004, 07:36:00 AM »
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.  I'm a little better now.  My ex mother-in-law said some pretty foul stuff about me to my youngest yesterday.  Her son is sitting in prison and she's worried about the environment she's in over here??????????  This is a kid who, while she WAS living with him ended up in juvenile assessment for being drunk at Homecoming and had a few other incidents with drinking.  It happened ONCE since she's been back home with me.  Her grades are back up to honor roll (they were SHIT when she lived with him)even better, she's got her schedule set up to take dual-enrollment classes so that she can get a year of college done before she graduates.....but they're worried about the environment she's in over here  :roll:  :roll: .  Well, I finally decided FUCK THEM ALL. If they want to take me to court....bring it on.  My youngest is 16 1/2 so by the time anything would be decided, she'd be 18 or almost by then.  I still won't fight them....I'll go into court and explain to the judge WHY I won't fight and WHY I think they're certifiable and then they can talk to BOTH the kids.....they're PISSED now.

My oldest found out what her dad said (how are you gonna feel if I'm sent back to prison for 10 years b/c you didn't write a letter on time for me).  She's handled it much better than I would.  She's hurt and upset, but if it were me at that age, I would have fallen for it and felt guilty that I was 'irresponsible'.  she wrote him a letter and basically just told him that he got himself where he is and he's got a whole lot of fucking nerve trying to put that kind of shit off on her.  She's (they both are) so much stronger than I ever hoped of being.  Guess I did SOMETHING right.

This may end up being a very 'empowering' (I can't believe I actually just used that word)experience for me.  For the first time in my life, I finally feel like I don't HAVE to put up with their shit anymore.  They have no more power over me anymore so they can't hurt me anymore.  I appreciate the support, it's helped.  I've kinda felt like I've been in a tornado the last few days.

Government can do something for the people only in proportion as it can do something to the people
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'> Thomas Jefferson.

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2004, 09:00:00 AM »
I don't know who you are, but I just want you to know that I think you have  done a great job with handling everything that has been thrown at you.  Most people would have crumbled long before now.  I wish you had someone close by to give you some support.  If you come thru all this and are still sane and sober, then you are one hell of a good person. Don't count on a judge understanding though...I have seen it happen before.  A person is in the right, but still gets the shaft from the judge.  Let's just hope that if it comes to that, you will get one of the good guys.  Lots of luck ..... :wave:

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2004, 09:19:00 AM »
Thanks.  I don't put a lot of faith in any judge or lawyer (except Phil).  I'm just over it.  I'll get through it, I think it's pretty tense right now b/c this is all coming to a boil.  I've kept my mouth shut all these years and now the kids are old enough to where I really don't have to anymore and nobody likes that.  I can be pretty vicious when I feel like I'm backed up against a wall and that's where I'm at right now.

Save our planet; it's the only one with chocolate!

--Andi, domestic goddess

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline iain39

• View Profile
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2004, 06:51:00 AM »
Hi, I just started reading about STRAIGHT and this terrible treatment of young people; I don't have a login for this site but wanted to say good luck and share a similar experience I had in Canada.

In 1976 I joined a group which originally seemed to have the well meaning aim of spreading information about the mind and a biological basis for religion.  These are valid aims, but what happened within the group quickly turned everything sour.

What actually happened over time was that the young impresisonable people who joined up (I was 18) started to become valuable assets.. we had jobs, we signed up other people and so on.  The group started to take on a personality which excluded the outside world, and got to the point where we were told that 4 hours sleep per night was enough, so we could carry out our work for the organisation as well as our daily jobs.  Outsiders were negative and to be avoided, and that included family, old friends, and so on.

In the end there was an atmosphere of violent emotions and confrontations, and times when a person would be torn to pieces verbally to ram a point home.  The fear in some of the group meetings was tangible, and the relief when the leaders declared something ok, was part of the typical "good cop, bad cop" routine.  Believe me, this sort of thing over a long period of time has a caustic effect on your self-esteem.  It doesn't have to be brutal, just constant.

The group disintegrated in 1981 and I was immensely relieved, though it took 2 years before I stopped feeling twinges of guilt every wednesday (wednesday was introductory seminar day, and you'd have to have a bloody good reason for not supporting it or being there).

The brain takes 2 years to recover from physical trauma (head injuries) and, interestingly, also from emotional trauma, such as infidelity, psychological abuse and so on.  The connections and neurons have to recover and revive their original state, in both instances, and there is usually an impairment of function in the recovering period.

I sympathise greatly with people who have been through the STRAIGHT experience which I'm sure, was far worse than anything I saw.  What I experienced was bad enough to separate me from my family for 5 years, and to this day, we don't talk about it.

I hope for the day when uncritical acceptance of anyone with "authority" is over and done with.  nobody has the authority to tell you how to live your life, under any circumstances, and all the medals, badges, hats, qualifications, support by the masses, imposing buildings, long lived institutions, government support, or wealth do not alter this fact.

Kind regards

[email protected]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Lulu's Trial
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2004, 10:02:00 AM »
Greetings Ian. Thanks for that. Thought you might appreciate this:

Click Here for full screen

It continues to amaze me to talk to law students -- college
graduates all and smarter than the average bear -- who will
seriously tell me about how dangerous mj is and how it
destroys the lives of those who use it and who, in the
very next sentence, will tell me how they and their
friends -- now CPAs, engineers, med students -- used
pot regularly through high school and college.  And
they don't see the contradiction between these statements.

We're not just talking ignorance here -- we are talking
deep down, serious, religious indoctrination.

--Buford C. Terrell, Professor of Law, South Texas College of Law

Straight South (Sarasota, FL)
   10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous

[ This Message was edited by: Antigen on 2004-03-09 07:26 ]
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes