Author Topic: Staff  (Read 1308 times)

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
Staff
« on: March 08, 2004, 04:15:00 PM »
I think all staff had way too much power in Straight, to think that a person with no more education than being in the program made them some type of therapist is a total joke, and explains why a lot of people ended up so fucked up by their experiance in straight.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline gduncan

• View Profile
Staff
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 08:42:00 PM »
I guess a staff member coming from front row to the front of the group was supposed to have a positive impact on us.  I believe the philosophy at the time was ?peer-to-peer counseling? and the thinking was who else could understand a druggie better than another druggie.  Were we supposed to put peer counselors on a pedestal and revere them as counseling gods and goddesses?  I remember when I was at the Austell Road location Straight got some sort of accreditation, which I believe meant the program met certain medical standards and that licensed, educated & trained therapists were going to be running the show.  Now, I wonder, was Straight more fucked up when peer counselors were at the helm or when these so-called professionals came in?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »