Author Topic: Kids Helping Kids  (Read 5671 times)

Offline Therion

• View Profile
Kids Helping Kids
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2004, 03:06:00 AM »
KHK is just like Straight..They have a diff name
and most likely diffrent people running the joint..

I have always wondered what makes these programs take off the way they do..
 I mean I think part of it is the parents are so "frustrated" and "offended" with their Teens behavior....That mabey they think a little punishments in order...

Parents...especially host parents cannot claim total innocence or ignorance..

I seem to remember the host parents getting the run down at "what happened at the bldg today" (minus names of course..well I remember kids telling what happened to THEM that day...and I know they had to have seen some black eyes...bruises...busted lips...I know I did...STraight Dallas was rockin that year..Jesus Ill never forget the sounds of chairs scraping...and muffled screams)

They werent that dumb...I think they were pissed and wanted to know their child was getting the shit knocked out of them daily...

I see your mouth movin' but can't hear what you say
And I don't think I give a fuck anyway

[ This Message was edited by: Therion on 2004-03-09 00:23 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
aving the way for the new breed of bad seed

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Kids Helping Kids
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2004, 02:39:00 PM »
On 2004-03-09 00:06:00, Therion wrote:

"KHK is just like Straight..They have a diff name

and most likely diffrent people running the joint..

I mean I think part of it is the parents are so "frustrated" and "offended" with their Teens behavior....That mabey they think a little punishments in order...

I seem to remember the host parents getting the run down at "what happened at the bldg today" (minus names of course..well I remember kids telling what happened to THEM that day...and I know they had to have seen some black eyes...bruises...busted lips...I know I did...STraight Dallas was rockin that year..Jesus Ill never forget the sounds of chairs scraping...and muffled screams)

They werent that dumb...I think they were pissed and wanted to know their child was getting the shit knocked out of them daily...

I'm numb and unfeeling

So I just burn and stare at the ceiling

I'm here, but so far away

I see your mouth movin' but can't hear what you say

And I don't think I give a fuck anyway

[ This Message was edited by: Therion on 2004-03-09 00:23 ]"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Kids Helping Kids
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2004, 02:44:00 PM »
what was the purpose in copying his post, I mean it was right there already for everyone to read.  all you did was quote it.  was there something you wanted to say?

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
Kids Helping Kids
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2004, 02:53:00 PM »
<

I seem to remember the host parents getting the run down at "what happened at the bldg today" (minus names of course..well I remember kids telling what happened to THEM that day...and I know they had to have seen some black eyes...bruises...busted lips...

I think you're right about that.  I know foster parents heard about the abuse and looked the other way if not approved of it and said so.  I saw it happen over and over.  It was the norm.  Parents who thought it went too far were the exception, and many times they were afraid to mention it to anybody for fears of being confronted, having their kid set back or terminated (which of course is a sentence of death by drugs) or maybe even thought that it was an isolated incident and to make waves would shut down what they  thought was an otherwise good program.

[ This Message was edited by: RTP2003 on 2004-03-09 11:53 ]
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic