Author Topic: Matthew Paul, Dir. of Academics  (Read 3221 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Matthew Paul, Dir. of Academics
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 12:58:18 PM »
just shows that when it comes to academics, HLA is more interested in saving money than actually educating. why else would they hire a supermarket manager?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 06:24:49 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
just shows that when it comes to academics, HLA is more interested in saving money than actually educating. why else would they hire a supermarket manager?

I think you have it backwards.    Matthew worked at HLA before working for FSI.
He will be supporting FSI's client support and training team, not becoming a store manager.
 ::hatter:: TheWho

Offline jjpinks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 06:36:03 PM »
NO SHIT! That was in my local newspaper!?!?!?!?! WOW! This stuff is getting a little too close to home now. I thought that when I left Sarasota, I was leaving the demons behind. Now I find out about HLA and now this???? Damnittohell! lol

As fundraiser and development officer, Paul also served 10 years with Truett-McConnell College in various roles, most recently as associate vice president for development and alumni relations.
MY COLLEGE!!!

Financial Supermarkets Inc., is a non-bank subsidiary of Community Bank & Trust, a division of Community Bankshares Inc., with its corporate headquarters in Cornelia and offices throughout the United States
Thank GOD I pulled my accounts at that bank a few years ago! People in this area are so naive about people like this, damn. [/quote]
quot;Of course life is bizarre, the more bizarre it gets, the more interesting it is. The only way to approach it is to make yourself some popcorn and enjoy the show.\"

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don\'t always agree with them. - George Bush

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 06:44:31 PM »
Matt Paul is a total FAG

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 06:49:13 PM »
Thank GOD I pulled my accounts at that bank a few years ago!

I dont think you understand.  He doesnt control the banking system, he is employed by a subsiderary called FSI.  This has nothing to do with your bank account.  Banks are protected by FDIC so you dont have to worry about your money because of the employees that the banking system hires.

Offline jjpinks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 07:37:52 PM »
No shit Sherlock. The fact that he (or anyone that is or ever was with any of these programs) is affiliated with this bank is enough for me.
quot;Of course life is bizarre, the more bizarre it gets, the more interesting it is. The only way to approach it is to make yourself some popcorn and enjoy the show.\"

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don\'t always agree with them. - George Bush

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 07:50:56 PM »
Quote from: ""jjpinks""
No shit Sherlock. The fact that he (or anyone that is or ever was with any of these programs) is affiliated with this bank is enough for me.

That is extremely bizarre behavior, are you paranoid?  The area that he works in has nothing to do with peoples deposits or their safety.  He doesnt handle any of the money directly.  FSI is a "non-bank subsidiary" of Community Bank & Trust and all the deposits are insured thru FDIC.  This means that Matthew cannot access your bank accounts or take your money if you happen to have an account with "Community Bank & Trust" or "Community Bankshares Inc" which is the parent company.

There are really strange people that work at Walmart but they are not a reflection on the quality of the products sold there or the integrity of the investment end of the business.  They are all totally separate.

Offline jjpinks

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2007, 08:16:24 PM »
That is extremely bizarre behavior, are you paranoid? um, no...  The area that he works in has nothing to do with peoples deposits or their safety.  He doesnt handle any of the money directly. gee, I didn't know that. Thank you for clearing that up for me. :roll:  FSI is a "non-bank subsidiary" of Community Bank & Trust and all the deposits are insured thru FDIC.  This means that Matthew cannot access your bank accounts or take your money if you happen to have an account with "Community Bank & Trust" or "Community Bankshares Inc" which is the parent company. once again, thank you for clarifying that. I understand what you are saying, (I worked in the banking industry). But what I don't understand is your lack of understanding WHY I don't like to deal with anyone/place that has/had any connections with programs such as HLA. I am adamant about that.
There are really strange people that work at Walmart but they are not a reflection on the quality of the products sold there or the integrity of the investment end of the business.  They are all totally separate. If there was someone that worked at the local Wal-Mart here that once was on staff at HLA or any other program. I would not hesitate to make it clear to them and the store manager that because they were once on staff at a program such as HLA is the reason that I will not patronize that store again until said employee is no longer there. Trust me, in a town this small, talk spreads like wildfire. All that it takes is a letter to the editor questioning the previous employment of this man and you have opened an angry can of worms. Are you getting my drift now? And yes, this is coming from someone with an axe to grind.

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 08:27:36 PM »
Man, that is some funny shit...

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 08:29:36 PM »
Well I understand that you are angry but it still doesn’t make any sense.  If the guy worked at Walmart and you decided not to shop there and made your reasons known, then you would have to shop somewhere else (less convenient) perhaps more expensive.  This would result in your actions against the person costing you more money (cutting off your nose to despite your face so to speak).  Even if you drove to another town to shop at that Walmart you would still be supporting the company that hired him and I doubt they would let him go because he use to work with children.

What do you expect to be accomplished?  It seems like you may get some satisfaction out of not shopping at that particular place, maybe feeling like you are denying them your business.  I guess I could see your point, but the only person who  knows about it is you and if that makes you happy.

That’s all that counts, right?
 ::hatter::  The Who

Offline jjpinks

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2007, 08:35:04 PM »
And for me, you are right, that is all that matters. And yes, it may sound crazy to you. But in my experience I have found that sometimes the quietest voices are the ones that are heard the loudest.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2007, 08:38:35 PM »
Quote from: ""jjpinks""
And for me, you are right, that is all that matters. And yes, it may sound crazy to you. But in my experience I have found that sometimes the quietest voices are the ones that are heard the loudest.

Thats cool! :D

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2007, 08:47:06 PM »
At its best, boycotting a business for personal or political reasons ends up being a community affair, and said business may well adjust or rethink its hiring or investing  strategy in order to continue doing business in said community.

However, in this particular case, we are not exactly dealing with someone who was one of the small handful of top dogs... or are we?  I honestly don't know.  I would hate for this guy to be stigmatized or ostracized if, in fact, he was one of the few faculty who regretted and was disgusted by his employment at Hidden Lake, and who, if anything, was genuinely on the kids' side.

On the other hand, maybe he wasn't.

I personally do not know, and I don't live in Georgia.  But, just thought I'd mention it...
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline jjpinks

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2007, 08:59:39 PM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
At its best, boycotting a business for personal or political reasons ends up being a community affair, and said business may well adjust or rethink its hiring or investing  strategy in order to continue doing business in said community.

However, in this particular case, we are not exactly dealing with someone who was one of the small handful of top dogs... or are we?  I honestly don't know.  I would hate for this guy to be stigmatized or ostracized if, in fact, he was one of the few faculty who regretted and was disgusted by his employment at Hidden Lake, and who, if anything, was genuinely on the kids' side.

On the other hand, maybe he wasn't.

I personally do not know, and I don't live in Georgia.  But, just thought I'd mention it...

You are right, I am unsure about exactly what happened with his employment at HLA, and really unsure about how long he was even there. I have been doing frantic Googling and other searches with no results. Any ideas on how I could find out this information? I would truly hate to go in "half cocked" as I apparently already have done in this thread...