Author Topic: Matthew Paul, Dir. of Academics  (Read 3220 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Matthew Paul, Dir. of Academics
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 09:27:26 PM »
Nah, I don't think you went off so "half-cocked;" your heart's in the right place.  And you brought up a really important means by which people can effect their displeasure and disapproval of this industry.  I.e., voting with their feet, so to speak.  I'm actually really glad you brought it up.

This kind of grassroots protest/community pressure was often used in the 60s during the Vietnam War.  More recently, the issue of certain organizations' financial investments with apartheid-friendly governments in South Africa also come to mind.  And there are plenty more such examples, but my old and PTSD-addled brain can't think of them offhand at the moment...

I bring up people I come across on my own home forum from time to time, and people usually weigh in with their opinions, e.g., "so-and-so is a total douche-bag and can suck my dick," or "so-and-so was not so bad and I always thought they cared," to cite some extremes.  Perhaps some students/former students or parents might weigh in re. Mathew Paul.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------