Author Topic: willful suspension of disbelief  (Read 9974 times)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
willful suspension of disbelief
« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2007, 01:45:37 PM »
Quote from: ""Eliscu2""
Quote from: ""Che Gookin""
I thought the Hebrew added a nice touch.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline The Fornits

• View Profile
Re: willful suspension of disbelief
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2008, 08:43:44 AM »
bump

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2008, 10:43:36 AM »
I'm in disbelief that someone bumped this thread.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2008, 10:55:04 AM »
the first 2 pages of this thread are very good

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2008, 11:08:10 AM »
Quote from: "dori"
Yup.  Sometimes threads get derailed, then somebody puts it back on topic.  It tends to happen an unmoderated forum. It's left to the users to sort the wheat from the chaff.
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2008, 08:31:17 PM »
Psy, remember the conversation we had on YIM about how much money you were raking in off the free ads you got to place? From all the "suckers" who thought you were going to spend that money on doing something good? If you don't let it rest, I will post that conversation. The next move is up to you Psy.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2008, 09:19:42 PM »
Quote from: "dori"

Well then the person who bumped it shoulda quoted something from those pages or something, y'know?

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2008, 09:27:27 PM »
Quote from: "Guest"
Psy, remember the conversation we had on YIM about how much money you were raking in off the free ads you got to place? From all the "suckers" who thought you were going to spend that money on doing something good? If you don't let it rest, I will post that conversation. The next move is up to you Psy.

Right.. okey dokey.  You post whatever you got, then i'll post a bank statement as well as scanned reciepts.  I'll also consider suing you for defamation since my full name is known to everybody here.   Che can also attest to the amount of money I spent.  Give you a clue: it was way more than what I got in donations.

Also, consider that no money on this site goes to me at all.  Ginger gets anything off the ads here.  Go away and stop bothering me....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2008, 09:39:29 PM »
Quote from: "psy"

Right.. okey dokey.  You post whatever you got, then i'll post a bank statement as well as scanned reciepts.  I'll also consider suing you for defamation since my full name is known to everybody here.   Che can also attest to the amount of money I spent.  Give you a clue: it was way more than what I got in donations.

Also, consider that no money on this site goes to me at all.  Ginger gets anything off the ads here.  Go away and stop bothering me....

Look. We both know what you say behind the scenes. The part about suing me is a good touch. It makes you appear outraged and more believable. I am sure your fans and those you have scammed believe you, but we both know better, don't we? I know how much money you raised, and how much you spent. I am probably not as good as you at fabricating fake bank statements, though. That's what you told me you could do if I ever said anything, so why am I not surprised to see that? You are too predictable Psy, time to get a new act.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2008, 09:57:36 PM »
^^^^ TheWho. Comma placement says it all.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2008, 10:02:24 PM »
Quote from: "A Voice from Nowhere"

Right.. okey dokey.  You post whatever you got, then i'll post a bank statement as well as scanned reciepts.  I'll also consider suing you for defamation since my full name is known to everybody here.   Che can also attest to the amount of money I spent.  Give you a clue: it was way more than what I got in donations.

Also, consider that no money on this site goes to me at all.  Ginger gets anything off the ads here.  Go away and stop bothering me....

Look. We both know what you say behind the scenes. The part about suing me is a good touch. It makes you appear outraged and more believable. I am sure your fans and those you have scammed believe you, but we both know better, don't we? I know how much money you raised, and how much you spent. I am probably not as good as you at fabricating fake bank statements, though. That's what you told me you could do if I ever said anything, so why am I not surprised to see that? You are too predictable Psy, time to get a new act.

Post the "chats" please or quit ranting...

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2008, 10:47:25 PM »
Why even give this fucking tool the satisfaction, psy?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2008, 11:08:39 PM »
Because he has nothing better to do. Fornits is his life, how pathetic is that?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2008, 02:37:02 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
...however, anybody who has been in one of these little cults knows full well that the damage done by these places does not lie in bullshit numbers, but in very real long term damage caused by the types of thought reform used.
I've said it before:  I don't think you can quantify or even approximate the damage done by these places by any means practiced at the moment.  No one bothers to do any long-term studies, but long-term studies are precisely what are needed given the kind of damage that takes place.

Do you really think industry insiders and apologists are going to do these kinds of studies?  It is not in their financial best interests to touch this with a ten-foot pole.  They might do an assessment whilst the kid is in program and maybe 1 year out.  No further removed from exposure than that.

But much of the damage does not begin to percolate to the surface and become overtly evident 'till much later.  It's like psychological asbestos.  It takes time for some of the effects from exposure to show up, and by the time they do, you're pretty much fucked.
You're absolutely right about this, it took 20 years for me to give it more than a second thought...

Yup yup.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2008, 09:01:17 PM »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa