Author Topic: I don't understand...  (Read 2156 times)

Offline an.irish.kitten

• View Profile
I don't understand...
« on: November 15, 2007, 04:50:14 AM »
Edited out by OP :shamrock:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 05:35:00 AM by an.irish.kitten »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
I don't understand...
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 01:40:58 AM »
Well, Jae, I gotta tell you, as far as just one other person's experience goes, I'm still spouting piss and vinegar after a year of "processing" this shit and I don't see the end in sight any time soon.  But I do feel a lot better than I did a year ago.  
 ::seg::

I guess I have two or three goals in this.  First, I need to understand what I went through.  Not everyone feels this need.  Personally, my program experience has crushed and distorted far too much of my life, and the only way that wound can be lessened is for me to get some understanding of how it came to be inflicted in the first place.  Two, I need to do some work to right this injustice.  It may not be my own injustice that gets vindicated, it can be the injustice experienced by others.  Sometimes this "work" takes the form of making vulgar jokes at the expense of those, or of the ilk of those, who impacted my life so destructively at such a tender age, and for that I must apologize in advance if I offend. Third, somehow all of this program shit is tied to larger social forces at work across cultures and generations, and that bothers me.  Not sure I understand enough about that yet to pontificate on it, but there you have it.

For a time, what was discussed on the threads here derailed me tremendously.  It was a complete downer, yet I could not tear myself away.  I think in my own case, I have been in some denial as to just how destructive my time was.  Maybe I was running away from the anger.  But it'll eat you eventually; better that you start facing it sooner rather than later.  You'll waste a lot less of your life that way.  

A more seasoned pro here gave me some good advice early on: "ya gotta take mental health breaks from time to time."  All of your frustrations and questions will never be resolved in any specific posting period.  When it gets to be too much, it's good sense to focus on something else for a while.  Otherwise, it can drive you bonkers.
To the Good Life...  ::cheers::  
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline an.irish.kitten

• View Profile
I don't understand...
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 01:57:59 AM »
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 10:49:03 PM by an.irish.kitten »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
I don't understand...
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 03:18:06 AM »
Quote from: ""an.irish.kitten""
Loved the skeet shot btw... funny I didn't see that in the list of available emoti's.. hehe

It's not in the list... yet.  Che posted it in Web Forum Hosting, wants it to be added, and to be titled "Sue."  Given my predilection for gags involving the faculties of elimination, I scooped it up right away!  Knock yerself out (bracket it with IMG tags for it to show up):

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/bukkake.gif
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline java.gurl

• View Profile
    • http://www.everyanimalmatters.org
I don't understand...
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 12:11:06 AM »
I did THE same thing Jae, I read ALL of the posts (even the silly ones) looking for news of old pals or ppl I knew and did not like. I was just trying to figure out shit. I wondered about ppl in Elan with me years after we all left and grew up and moved on. Some died, some landed in jails and rehabs, some are lost in a needle or bottle, some are doing great and are happy.

I found that more of the fucked up ones were the ones that did so GREAT in Elan and the ones content in life were the so-so Elan students. Weird huh? I thought so the first time 2 former grad's popped up at my place and were shooting Heroin in my kitchen! I was like "WHOA". One later od'd and the other is a fucked up puppy but thinks she's great. Whatever.

Us so-so Elan-er's had/have rough times BUT we hold on and keep going. Adversity is a funny thing. You and I were young in Elan and at times it felt so unreal and I felt like my skin and heart and emotions and soul were so raw and tender that one more bad thing would throw me over the edge and that one more bad thing always happened and I survived to tell about it. Surviving is what makes you strong, makes you love yourself, makes you love others, makes you feel for others, makes you feel compassion, makes you human.

All of us here take a "Fornits Break" for multitudes of reasons. Sometimes it is just so real and sad and others it's just so...silly?

You're going to be ok. You lived through worse, right? Your honey is in love with YOU. All of you. We love the good and the bad of our mates and put up with each others shitty sides and grow strong together. He knows this, you explained it to him so he's concerned for you and you are so lucky to have a sweetie like him.

Stay strong cool girl. If Elan could not break you NOTHING will!!

Offline Mister Pink

• View Profile
I don't understand...
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 01:05:31 PM »
small doses of this right here... any more and it WILL kill your soul
quot;Its a shame the way she makes me scrub the floor\" - Bob Dylan