Author Topic: drug addicts don't want to get clean  (Read 29267 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
drug addicts don't want to get clean
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2007, 01:29:13 PM »
:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

If they survive the program and come out alive. Or don't eat a gun after they get out.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2007, 01:36:15 PM »
Time to kill this hopeless trollfest of a thread.

Parents, want your kids to sound like this? There's a guy on this thread willing to give you just that. All you have to pay is many thousands of dollars, your kids' respect for you, your soul, and possibly someone's life- your kid's, yours, whatever. Darwin strikes again. Have at it.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2007, 01:37:04 PM »
Quote from: ""Nowhere""
the who - two points on those stats you posted:

1. ATTEMPTED suicides would be a good stat to include too. along with rapes, attempted rapes, physical mental and sexual harrasment, and suicides and attempted suicides after release, along with reports of PTSD after release. also please factor in restraint-related injuries and deaths, including forign tbs's like TB or casa by the sea. maybe you should also find total numbers of employed individuals in the industry who are either unqualified, have sadistic tendencies, have criminal records, or are substance abusers themselves.

I agree, we can add all those pararmeters when the data becomes available.  The NCES or CDC doesnt collect this data presently so I dont have anything to compare it to nor a means to capture it.  If you have any suggestions on how we could make this data available I would be willing to listen.

Quote from: ""Nowhere""
2. those stats prove without a doubt that you are working for the industry. they also prove that you dont know jack shit about the industry. doctor your stats all you want, we all now there fake.

So you conclude I work for the industry but dont know anything about it?  Hmmm... interesting conclusion, Nowhere.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2007, 01:45:53 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Well, "the proof is in the pudding "... as they say.  Between 20,000 and 50,000 kids are successfully helped each year by these programs and have moved on with their lives.

Care to back that up with anything other than 'your word'?  Got any long term, clinical studies to back that up or is that just more bullshit you're pulling out of your ass?  Shit, Straight claimed at one point that it had 50,000 'successful' grads.  All bullshit.  Mel and Betty Sembler still have on their bios that 12,000 graduated successfully.  Bullshit.

Quit saying they're successful until you can back it up with actual FACTS.

Dickhead. :roll:  ::fu::
« Last Edit: November 05, 2007, 01:48:38 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2007, 01:46:42 PM »
Well, so the programs are only good for 20 years or so (big deal) and so they finally come out of it, approaching 40 years old, and find themselves in a healthy lifestyle with 3 kids of their own, great job and life and they get this sudden urge to smoke pot and have unprotective sex with strangers... things could be worse... they could call the school and ask for their money back.

If you are willing to gamble with your child's life - then by all means - put them in a program. The suffering and abuse they will endure will be well worth it, even it only last for 20 years - but until then, they will be carbon copy cut-outs - veritable tools who "will have achieved their potential" - you can get your money back unless the contract states you can't (& most don't have the moneybackguarantee)

too bad

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2007, 01:53:05 PM »
Well, so the programs are only good for 20 years or so (big deal) and so they finally come out of it, approaching 40 years old, and find themselves in a healthy lifestyle with 3 kids of their own, great job and life and they get this sudden urge to smoke pot and have unprotective sex with strangers... things could be worse... they could call the school and ask for their money back.

No, they're not "good".  They may temporarily change some outward behaviors, but they'll come right back and very often are much worse due to the mindscramble they've just been through.  My father and quite a few others swore up and down that Straight saved my life, taught me sooo much, kept me out of jail....blah blah blah.

All bullshit.  They fucked with the very core of my being.  They fucked with my soul to bring about those miraculous changes they saw in me (I was a good little Straight robot for a bit).  They made me doubt my own instincts, they took away my survival and coping skills and installed a deep sense of conformity.  They basically gutted me and then told me to go out and behave like a responsible adult.  Yeah, right.

:flame:

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2007, 02:04:18 PM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""

No, they're not "good".  They may temporarily change some outward behaviors, but they'll come right back and very often are much worse due to the mindscramble they've just been through.  My father and quite a few others swore up and down that Straight saved my life, taught me sooo much, kept me out of jail....blah blah blah.

All bullshit.  They fucked with the very core of my being.  They fucked with my soul to bring about those miraculous changes they saw in me (I was a good little Straight robot for a bit).  They made me doubt my own instincts, they took away my survival and coping skills and installed a deep sense of conformity.  They basically gutted me and then told me to go out and behave like a responsible adult.  Yeah, right.

:flame:

Straight has been closed for decades, give it a rest.  Lets stay focused on the present.

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2007, 02:10:33 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Straight has been closed for decades, give it a rest.  Lets stay focused on the present.

To hell with you!!!  :flame: :flame:

Straight is alive and well!! :roll:

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2007, 02:14:46 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""

I'm not bitching about my circumstances.  Just relaying the story as it pertains to this discussion.  Try to keep up.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2007, 03:15:53 PM »
Just how many hardcore Adolescent drug addicts are there in the US anyway? The adolescent crime, pregnancy and addcition rates in the US has been falling over the last 20 yrs yet this industry has grown.

The areas where these is a high crime, pregnancy and addiction rate among young ppl have overwhelmingly been poor. In the late 90s Iowa had the same teen pregnancy rate as sweden (the lowest in the OECD at the time) What this indicates is that kids get into real extreme toruble for the same reasons as adults. Poverty, lack of education and oppotunity. Ironically the shithouse education of programs appears to reduce these things among young ppl from a socioeconomic group that is least likely to fall through the cracks.

The children of Americas middle classes are as likely statistically to grow out of their transgressions as their counterparts in the rest of the western world. This indicates there is absolutely no need for a system of incarceration without trial no matter how  pretty the prison
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2007, 03:27:50 PM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
Just how many hardcore Adolescent drug addicts are there in the US anyway? The adolescent crime, pregnancy and addcition rates in the US has been falling over the last 20 yrs yet this industry has grown.

The areas where these is a high crime, pregnancy and addiction rate among young ppl have overwhelmingly been poor. In the late 90s Iowa had the same teen pregnancy rate as sweden (the lowest in the OECD at the time) What this indicates is that kids get into real extreme toruble for the same reasons as adults. Poverty, lack of education and oppotunity. Ironically the shithouse education of programs appears to reduce these things among young ppl from a socioeconomic group that is least likely to fall through the cracks.

The children of Americas middle classes are as likely statistically to grow out of their transgressions as their counterparts in the rest of the western world. This indicates there is absolutely no need for a system of incarceration without trial no matter how  pretty the prison

Astute summary.
Not sure though, that they are responsible for reducing poverty, lack of education or opportunity in the middle class.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2007, 04:05:47 PM »
Deb, I think she means the obvious, although she phrased it poorly: that programs destroy their family's money (sometimes with parents ripping it out of their college funds), destroy their education (as they aren't accredited schools, they don't even get GEDs, and they're ill-prepared for college anyway), and seriously, how much opportunity can they have after being told that they're worthless day in and day out?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2007, 06:48:42 PM »
They are worthless if they are using drugs. They are worthless to themselves, their family and society in general. The idea of humane treatment is to force them - yes, this is coercion - to stop poisoning themselves to death.

Making an emotional appeal to vague ideas of freedom and liberty does nothing to change the fact drug treatment has saved countless lives and will continue to do so long after this forum ceases to exist.

The heartless comments that litter this discussion are a common example of the typical American bystander who refuses to help someone dying within their sight.

Shame

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2007, 02:32:26 AM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""

Well, "the proof is in the pudding "... as they say.  

Your pudding tastes like shit.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2007, 09:02:56 AM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
Thanks for the olny truth in this thread..children are not worthless once they hit thier teens they are just finding thier own way..leave them alone! you sadistic fearbased shadow of a human parent..go read a f^$%#ing book and back the f^%$# off!

Astute summary.
Not sure though, that they are responsible for reducing poverty, lack of education or opportunity in the middle class.