Author Topic: Running Springs/John Padgett BITES THE BIG ONE.  (Read 9551 times)

Offline Hated Cedu

• View Profile
Running Springs/John Padgett BITES THE BIG ONE.
« on: October 29, 2007, 02:54:42 AM »
IN MEMORIUM OF JOHN PADGETT
(July 19, 2000) John Padgett passed away this evening in Seattle after a long battle against Cancer. John, along with his wife Marci, were early pioneers in developing the concept of Emotional Growth Schools at the CEDU School in southern California in the late sixties to the early eighties. This concept evolved out of the recognition that the medical model of diagnosing and curing in vogue at the time was not effective with the many children who had no pathology but simply were unable to function at an age appropriate level of maturity. He left CEDU in 1984 and became a key person in developing Cascade School in northern California, later founding Amity School in Italy in 1985, where he worked for about ten years. John returned to Bend, Oregon about five years ago, to work as a consultant to help exploding number of new start-up Emotional Growth schools and programs throughout the country. Survived by his wife Marci, and his many friends and co-workers who shared his vision of developing better ways of helping children, his passing marks the end of an era for those of us who had the benefit of knowing him. A memorial service will be held in Bend, Oregon on August 12, 2000 at 10:00 AM at Nativity Lutheran Church.

:lol:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
IP Danielle Allgood, Carmen Earl, John Padgett......enjoy your rot in hell!  :flame:

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
Added him to the Amity page
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 10:00:18 AM »

Offline Hated Cedu

• View Profile
Cedu staff and the great beyond
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 11:03:07 AM »
Wonder who else has entered the big rap session in the sky?

Two pieces of human garbage have bit the big one, and can no longer cause harm.

Hope they died in pain. :flame:

Yep, I'm a bitch to write such things.  When I came upon this site the other day, I kind of had put my CEDU days to rest.

In the back of my mind I have been thinking.........they were right, I was wrong.  Splitting from CEDU really did doom me.  WRONG.  Those fucks really did cause harm, but not until now did I realize how badly.

I didn't know about the suicides.  My God...........how horrible.  I didn't know about the run away student from RS that never made it home.  That young man is in my prayers.

Thank God for you brave souls that have posted here.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Yesterday was spent with my tearfully trying to explain to a very understanding husband what had happened to me there.  How really I've never been the same.  How I returned a very, very manic depressed 17-year-old.  Damn them.

We really are survivors.  And thanks to this forum, I am slowly starting to understand the trauma that was called CEDU.
IP Danielle Allgood, Carmen Earl, John Padgett......enjoy your rot in hell!  :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 03:39:11 PM »
Don't forget Mel Wasserman, the nasty little fat mammal who "started" CEDU (from the mother cult of Synanon).  At least there is this:  no matter how many Pebble Beach mansions you buy from CEDU profits, it all has to end someday.  At least his demise is creating joy somewhere on this planet and honey if you are a bitch then we all need some "bitching" up here!  Carry on and good luck to you!

Offline Hated Cedu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 05:25:32 PM »
Thanks for allowing me my bitch sessions.  

Hey, remember the God damn dog that Michael Algood and his dyke wife, Danielle used to own?  It was a hound dog named, "Tulip."

Does anyone recall, like I do, that we were not allowed to pet the fucking mut?  Seriously, we were not allowed to pet the dog.

Hey Michael, FUCK YOU very much.  I guess you had an abnormal attachment to dogs or something, you cum slut.   :cry2:

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 05:57:27 PM »
What a jackass. He wouldn't let the students pet his dog? why not?

I remember Stacy Wasserman's german shepard was a psychotic bitch that would bite students. Figures a nasty cold hearted whoreclown would have a mean psychotic dog.

Hated Cedu
How many times did you split? How did you manage not to go back to RS?

Offline Hated Cedu

• View Profile
How I split........yes, it can be done!
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 08:15:47 PM »
The first time I split was when everyone went to breakfast.  I stashed some cash, and ran down the mountain, which was a big mistake.  I got lost, and had to sleep in the cold forest over night.  I sadly made the long way back Seymour Road back to the building.  The bus that took the kids from town into CEDU picked me up.  I wanted to die.  DEFEAT.

I was put on half-time dish washing, which I actually didn't mind.  Needless to say, I got creamed in all the fucking raps.

Then came the time I had to be ushered to a shrink's appointment in Sherman Oaks.  Again, I stashed away money, and knew I wouldn't be returning.   An older lady took me down in the CEDU Subaru.  

After my doctor appointment, and even this Ph.D shrink felt CEDU was off, we went for lunch at a Sherman Oaks cafe.  I accused myself to go to the restroom, and dashed out the door!  FREEDOM!!

I ran up to Ventura Blvd and Woodman, and caught a bus back to Woodland Hills.  Shortly after, my mom relented, and let me return home.

Regardless, that was only two weeks away from my 18th birthday.  It was just a matter of time before I left for good.

Offline Lyn

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 01:10:24 PM »
Quote from: ""Hated Cedu""
Thanks for allowing me my bitch sessions.  

Hey, remember the God damn dog that Michael Algood and his dyke wife, Danielle used to own?  It was a hound dog named, "Tulip."

Does anyone recall, like I do, that we were not allowed to pet the fucking mut?  Seriously, we were not allowed to pet the dog.

Hey Michael, FUCK YOU very much.  I guess you had an abnormal attachment to dogs or something, you cum slut.   :cry2:

Ha!! What I recall.. there was rumor some one tried to have relations with that dog..hence the no petting law.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 04:58:44 PM »
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

that's foul.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
oh my
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 05:49:11 PM »
It might be foul, but I heard several bestiality stories while at CEDU. (all first person accounts) One involved a horse, a cat, and 3 dog stories....

I never even heard of bestiality pre-CEDU, and I was MORTIFIED to find out.   It was really shocking and unsettling to me.  

I felt bad for the kids who had to confess all this in a rap of peers.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 05:55:49 PM »
HOly shit. What years were you at CEDU?

From 88-90 at RMA I don't recall any bestiality.

1 staff did confess to banging a horse pre-RMA though.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 06:41:16 PM »
I remember Stacy Wasserman's german shepard was a psychotic bitch that would bite students. Figures a nasty cold hearted whoreclown would have a mean psychotic dog.

Really? I had no idea she did that! She never bit me. In the dog's defense, I have a suspicion that she was a fear biter as opposed to an aggression biter. She was a total omega dog who was scared a lot. Not that that changes things, and that's just downright stupid that Stacy would take her to fucking school.

What was her name again? Sasha? Tasha? Am I even close?

What is so ridiculous is that Vicki had to stop taking her huge german sheppard Poco to school, because he was too alpha and kept fighting sancho for top position in the pack.

So, I guess it's perfectly alright to draw the line when Dan Earle's big, slobbery, retarded newfoundland might be at risk, but if the kids are being bitten, who the fuck cares?

I hated Sancho, and J'Taime, Tim Brace's daughter's  ugly obnoxious fucking toy mutant poodle. We used to call her "shittums". Oh yeah, and Carmen's golden retriever. (What was her name.) But only because she always smelled, cause, y'know, she IS a golden retriever after all. Her personality was nice, but if someone is so stinky you can't get close to them, then does it really matter?

The only thing I liked about Caroline was her dog, Winston. I always  wondered how she managed to afford a purebreed with papers while earning RMA's shitty, laughable salary. (Granted, he was only pet quality, not show quality, but that is still a lot of money.) She actually had a freaking picture of winston's sire on her fridge.

I also liked Steve Rookey's dog Katka. Although he didn't seem to like her too much. I saw him shove her around a few times when she kept putting her paw on him. It freaked me out, and I didn't understand why he did that, because she was such a sweet and gentle dog.

Oh yeah, but the best two dogs there were Champ and Clint, Twila and Bruce's dogs. They were both Australian cattle dogs from the same litter, and they were the coolest guys ever.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 06:57:12 PM »
Quiche was Stacy's dog

Doug Kim Brown's dog, whose name I've forgotten used to mark out to Eric McFarland so he'd sleep in our dorm.

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
abe that little rat
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 07:23:47 PM »
abe
l. ormant was there when little abe went off the smoking porch.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
Re: abe that little rat
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 09:36:24 PM »
Quote from: ""blownawaytheidahoway""
abe
l. ormant was there when little abe went off the smoking porch.

Remember when he used to follow her around? Cause she fed him? And then someone else fed him and he followed them around afterwards? And she was jealous? (I think it might have been K. Lioc who was abe's next surrogate.)

I remember people in the peer group used to give her shit about having the dog be her sidekick. I guess she wasn't being honest with him?  :P Even I thought it was obnoxious. In retrospect, it was ridiculous that anyone had an issue with it at all. What's wrong with befriending a dog? That's what dogs are great for.

And there is NO WAY stacy's dog's name was quiche. I would have remembered that. It was a person's name, as opposed to a pet's name. What do I know? My memory sucks.