Author Topic: Does Hyde Neglect students?  (Read 2477 times)

Offline jake

• View Profile
Does Hyde Neglect students?
« on: October 12, 2007, 06:04:05 PM »
Is Hyde punishing students with mental problems with 2/4 and other means? Does anyone supervise this treatment? Are there any trained staff prepared to deal with troubled students or do they neglect and abuse only? Let's here the truth! Where are the material facts? If Hyde feeds on troubled youth are they really responsible for there saftey and well being?? Can you character develop any student out of any issue they may be having without a trained MENTAL HEALTH staff?   I LOVE TO LISTEN......JAKE
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ake

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 02:33:48 AM »
Hyde's "training" basically consists of drinking the Hyde brand Koolade.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 10:20:08 AM »
Hyde does not have licensed psychologist on staff. Hyde will tell you that they have access to these trained personnel but in the end it is Hyde who decides if your child needs outside help. What is Hyde's training? I am still trying to figure this out!! Hey, you don't like it, then leave Hyde and your $40,000 behind. Hyde banks on a certain percentage of enrollments leaving behind the $$$$$

Offline jake

• View Profile
It seems to be a pattern of Hyde
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 03:46:20 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Hyde does not have licensed psychologist on staff. Hyde will tell you that they have access to these trained personnel but in the end it is Hyde who decides if your child needs outside help. What is Hyde's training? I am still trying to figure this out!! Hey, you don't like it, then leave Hyde and your $40,000 behind. Hyde banks on a certain percentage of enrollments leaving behind the $$$$$
ake

Offline jake

• View Profile
The Gaulds are making serious money from Hyde.
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 05:19:45 PM »
Joe has created a major income stream for his family to benifit from. I have a copy of there tax return thanks to this site! I wonder how many other perks his tribe gets from the school. Free food, Free room and board, free travel , free transportation etc etc... No wonder they can't give any tution back to families they have neglected! Come on... It's expensive to live like a bunch of royalty or is that Royal Cult.. Come on Joey, come out and play with me! Or are you sending Mal or Laura??? Remember Joey you do your little drama Queen gig... I don't want to sing...I don't want to sing. Replace it Joey with....I hope they all don't sue...I hope they all don't sue. (can you double dutch dare me..Har Har) Joe could sell vacumn cleaners door to door with his salesmanship. It's not to late to reinvent yourself at a 100 or was that 80. You chump! Even door to door saleman refund money when they have defective products!!  Sorry I got to go for now,  I have to attend to the mess Hyde caused .. Oh no, it must be my fault because we are so weak and my child is so emotionally imature. Maybe I should throw him out of the house and let him live on the street for a bit. I got a better idea, lets lie to him about Hyde and tell him that if he does not like it we will send him to the super max facility.. No no, just ignore his calls and crys for help and let the bozos at Hyde that are clueless about mental health take care of the problems.. Joe you may relate to this at your age.. say your having a heart attack.... Me and my family will put you on 2/4( 8 hours on the bleachers sitting up straight) and 5:30 ( you can run sprints to you throw up)until you snap out of it. If your family objects we will have to ask them to leave. It is pretty obvious that you are over reacting and your family is holding on to tight. If they would only let go we should get you fixed up and into a awesome nursing home
ake

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 05:56:06 PM »
Sounds like your child is off track.  Having some second thoughts about character education?  I guess Hyde has taught you a lesson.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 06:54:11 PM »
I wish more Hyde staff would respond like you have. It's amazing when you get a challange you always point the finger back at the person that challanges Hyde. Remember when you at Hyde point a finger at me you have two fingers pointing back at you!

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 08:06:27 PM »
Quote from: ""max""
I wish more Hyde staff would respond like you have. It's amazing when you get a challange you always point the finger back at the person that challanges Hyde. Remember when you at Hyde point a finger at me you have two fingers pointing back at you!

I'm rather partial to this kind of finger:   ::fu::

Seriously, mental health professionals and physical health professionals both have a creed and an ethic that is part and parcel of what they do.  Theoretically, it gets drilled into them from day one throughout their years of training.  And their peers get it drilled into them from day one as well, so they are working alongside people attempting to adhere to the same standards.  Yes, there are some bad apples, I know this as much or better than the next person, I could go on quite a tirade about it, but there it is:  theoretically, FIRST, DO NO HARM.

Hyde claims it does not do therapy, hence it feels utterly unconstrained by this ethic.  Moreover, it prides itself on the lack of training necessary... you only need "to care."  I think I remember reading a quote of Joe's somewhere, where he claimed he could teach someone to teach in just a few hours.

Yet, everyone knows that what they do is some strange cooked up version of family therapy, aka est for teenagers and their parents.  They use psychological principles and techniques, without taking any moral responsibility whatsoever for the damage they do.  Breaking somebody down, to rebuild them in the way you wish, is a dangerous business to be mucking around to begin with, let alone by unschooled hacks that are on an ideological mission.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 06:17:37 AM »
Hyde does not have licensed psychologist on staff. Hyde will tell you that they have access to these trained personnel but in the end it is Hyde who decides if your child needs outside help.

They always say this about "access to mental health professionals."  It's such a joke.  I am sure there must be someone that does go off campus for therapy, but I sure as hell didn't know anyone who did in my day.  There was a Time Mag article that came out during that period and in it they claimed that said mental health issues were handled by such and such a doctor... I wouldn't be surprised if Joe Gauld made that up on the spot.  I had never even heard of the guy.  And certainly I would have been an excellent candidate for his services, ha haa!

If there is some one who does have therapy off campus, they probably catch considerable flack for trying to avoid "facing themselves and their issues."  I am sure that there would be a lot of both spoken and unspoken moral condemnation for "resorting to mental health professionals."  Hyde has tremendous disdain for them.  

Kids who suffer from depression, cutting, self-esteem issues, and the like do pretty badly at Hyde.  Hyde considers these evidence of too much focus on yourself, i.e., selfishness,  and a real character flaw.  Namely, it's the kids' fault if they can't suck it up and get with the program.  There is a horrible stigma attached to admitting you have a problem in this area.  You are better off suffering from the depression and the self-destruction than you are letting people know you need help here.

Plus, the whole tenor of the Seminars/Discovery Groups is such that they really encourage you to beat up on yourself.  If you already have those propensities to start off with... well, I am amazed that they haven't had anyone kill themselves there yet.  I hate to think how tough it is for someone who has bipolar, etc.

Offline Joseph W. Gauld

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 08:26:31 AM »
Naww... we don't neglect them, we ABUSE them!!  A little hardship is good for the soul!!  Gives you sum CHARACTER!!!  Too bad corporeal punishment got such a bad name, but we still do some stranglin' and smackin' around, just not so much any more...

I tell ya, it's a pussy-whipped society these days, here in the U.S.A.!!  People just don't realize how good they got it!  I plan to remind them!

Disgustedly,
Joseph W. Gauld, The Educator of all ages

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 04:44:16 PM »
most people when they think Hyde, they think of them as a therapeutic boarding school, yet hyde claims they only do a little therapy on the side.  is this just to avoid accrditation?  they pass themselves off as a school so they don't need the extra over sight?  what does the organization gives them the education okay think of the "therapy on the side"?  do they know or care?

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 11:50:47 AM »
most people when they think Hyde, they think of them as a therapeutic boarding school, yet hyde claims they only do a little therapy on the side.  is this just to avoid accrditation?

Yep, pretty much.

they pass themselves off as a school so they don't need the extra over sight?

Uh huh.

what does the organization gives them the education okay think of the "therapy on the side"?  do they know or care?

Nope.  Not really.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa