Author Topic: Important~ Re: the 14 yo. boy's death at Aspen's Youth Care  (Read 42837 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Important~ Re: the 14 yo. boy's death at Aspen's Youth Care
« Reply #150 on: August 25, 2007, 01:06:37 PM »
So... Who... what program did you go to??  Inquiring minds wish to know...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 25, 2007, 01:19:38 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
Those are great suggestions, Anne and would work with a great deal of kids/families as an alternative to outside help.

"Outside help" isn't necessary for the vast majority of kids.  Those that do require it should be in a clinical setting with licensed, qualified therapists, not some TBS masking as a boarding school.

If I say I'm traumatized, I"m a loser, If I talk about the good things in my life, then I MUST owe it to the program.

These seem to be limitations that you impose on yourself.  It doesnt have to be that way, give yourself credit.  What you are today is a combination of all of your past, not just the program experience, it includes the things you bring aboard yourself (your effort) along with those external stimuli that was forced upon you.  Share how you feel, dont try to disseminate which part of your past is responsible for each feeling and label them.  Each feeling doesnt have to be the product of one specific time in your life.

Shut up.  I don't need, nor did I ask for your advice.  I[/b] don't disseminate it,  YOU people do.  YOU are the only ones who ever say that shit to me.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 25, 2007, 01:22:48 PM »
Great Pitbull mom, keep us posted k?

But yeah take your time to grieve and stay positive, good luck...
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 25, 2007, 01:28:13 PM »
Anne Bonney wrote:
"Outside help" isn't necessary for the vast majority of kids. Those that do require it should be in a clinical setting with licensed, qualified therapists,

Agreed,  I was lucky enough to have chosen that for my daughter.  Although I wish we didn’t have to resort to outside help.

Shut up. I don't need, nor did I ask for your advice. I don't disseminate it, YOU people do. YOU are the only ones who ever say that shit to me.

I don’t believe I ever said that, but if that was ever implied, show me the link and I will apologize.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 25, 2007, 01:36:31 PM »
Anne Bonney wrote:
"Outside help" isn't necessary for the vast majority of kids. Those that do require it should be in a clinical setting with licensed, qualified therapists,

Quote from: ""TheWho""
Agreed,  I was lucky enough to have chosen that for my daughter.  Although I wish we didn’t have to resort to outside help.

Wrong and you know it.  You shipped her off to a mindrape mill.  I'm talking about hospitalization with actual DOCTORS and REAL therapists, not newage (pronounced like sewage) pseudo-psychobabbling idiots like the ones who run all of Aspen Education.

Shut up. I don't need, nor did I ask for your advice. I don't disseminate it, YOU people do. YOU are the only ones who ever say that shit to me.

I don’t believe I ever said that, but if that was ever implied, show me the link and I will apologize.

You hair-splitting ass!  You PEOPLE.  Program PEOPLE are quite fond of telling anyone who talks about how damaged they are from being in a program that they're whining, a drug addict, need to get over it, are liars and manipulators etc. etc.  On the other hand, when we talk about how good our lives are now that we're not under the influence of idiots like you PEOPLE (not you specifically Who, do you get the diffenence now?) tell us that we must owe it to them.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 25, 2007, 01:36:58 PM »
TheWho, I just noticed under your name, why do you call yourself a "yuppie sellout"?  who did you sell out

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 25, 2007, 01:39:52 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
TheWho, I just noticed under your name, why do you call yourself a "yuppie sellout"?  who did you sell out

Ginger gave him that most appropriate title after reading about what he did to his daughter.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2007, 01:48:34 PM »
So... Who... what program did you go to??  Inquiring minds wish to know...

Out with it, TheWho!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2007, 01:58:49 PM »
Once again this thread has been taken over with arguments with The Who,
This thread is about a young boy who died from not getting medical treatment, and what are all of us going to do to help this Mom to get the program and its workers made accountable.
No offense to anyone, but lets get serious and try and give some information that can help.  :)  :exclaim:
The Mom said something about sueing Utah, if it could be done, I am sure there are many who would be very happy to be included.
On Heal they have a petition to shut down Provo Canyon, after reading all the people who had been mistreated and are signing, I think that would be something in the way of showing how many survivors have not been, helped, and parents who have been manipulated through programs.
 :idea:

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2007, 02:03:53 PM »
You hair-splitting ass! You PEOPLE. Program PEOPLE are quite fond of telling anyone who talks about how damaged they are from being in a program that they're whining, a drug addict, need to get over it, are liars and manipulators etc. etc. On the other hand, when we talk about how good our lives are now that we're not under the influence of idiots like you PEOPLE (not you specifically Who, do you get the diffenence now?) tell us that we must owe it to them.

Not everyone is the same.  I don’t believe that all kids that attend a TBS are the same  or have the same problems.  Nor are all the parents the same.  Each person is experiencing a unique situation and reacts to it differently.
My daughter was treated by a licensed therapist who reported back to a therapist she was seeing prior to attending ASR, during her entire stay there.  If at any time either therapist felt the environment was not healthy for her it would have been noted and she would have been brought home.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 25, 2007, 02:26:53 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 25, 2007, 02:29:26 PM »

His was a challenging situation for many years. Years of individual and family therapy,  behavior modification, probation, JH, EM were all inneffective. His social worker refused to provide behavioral services for him, but threatened to report me to CPS for him abusing my daughter if I didn't get him out of my house.

Yeah I'll be sorry for the rest of my life that I sent him there. If I'm lucky, maybe the guilt will kill me.
I hope it doesn't

As for the rest of this statement

oh boy, been there!! Don't want to help but tel you if they dont leave the house you'll lose your other kids etc etc, people really don't realise how little help there is out there, some kids just will NOT behave in any way shape or form and put parents backs against the wall.

Offline Pitbull Mom

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 25, 2007, 03:06:29 PM »

His was a challenging situation for many years. Years of individual and family therapy,  behavior modification, probation, JH, EM were all inneffective. His social worker refused to provide behavioral services for him, but threatened to report me to CPS for him abusing my daughter if I didn't get him out of my house.

Yeah I'll be sorry for the rest of my life that I sent him there. If I'm lucky, maybe the guilt will kill me.
I hope it doesn't

As for the rest of this statement

oh boy, been there!! Don't want to help but tel you if they dont leave the house you'll lose your other kids etc etc, people really don't realise how little help there is out there, some kids just will NOT behave in any way shape or form and put parents backs against the wall.

Thank you. It is a serious community problem that is fueling the numbers of kids in RTC, and will continue to do so until these kids get earlier help. It costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to get them through the school system, which is exactly why I was denied services for my son. In home TBS services should be available for any family who needs them, even if they are white middle class families with autistic children. There is a huge hole in the system for these kids. fortunately parents of kids with autism learn to be really strong, they have to fight for every hour of services they get. Early diganosis and intervention would have helped my boy.
Pitbull Mom

Offline Pitbull Mom

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 25, 2007, 03:49:03 PM »

this thread is about a 14 year old boy who died in a Utah residential treatment program. THAT sucks.
Pitbull Mom

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 25, 2007, 06:31:13 PM »
Once again this thread has been taken over with arguments with The Who,
This thread is about a young boy who died from not getting medical treatment, and what are all of us going to do to help this Mom to get the program and its workers made accountable.
No offense to anyone, but lets get serious and try and give some information that can help.  :)  :exclaim:
The Mom said something about sueing Utah, if it could be done, I am sure there are many who would be very happy to be included.
On Heal they have a petition to shut down Provo Canyon, after reading all the people who had been mistreated and are signing, I think that would be something in the way of showing how many survivors have not been, helped, and parents who have been manipulated through programs.
 :idea:

Good points.