Author Topic: Can Wilderness Camps Kill Your Kid?  (Read 10524 times)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Can Wilderness Camps Kill Your Kid?
« Reply #90 on: March 25, 2010, 07:44:57 PM »
Quote from: "maruska"
Danny, so you see Whooter as Abraham Lincoln ? :rofl:

Let me explain what I meant with predictable posting: I can learn a lot about this industry from most people here . Their personal experience is valuable. They know what  they are talking about, because they lived it.

What can I learn from Whooter? Well....I know his opininon, I accept that he is entitled to such an opinion...but...why post it over and over again? He never contributes anything new, he spends years on this forum and uses the same program talk over and over ad nauseum...does he have a life outside this forum at all?
Actually, I feel a little sorry for him, that is all....I once had a student who reminds me of him..poor soul...oh well
But I will end this, I know this discussion is useless,  I should have not started it at all...
I apologize.

Dont beat yourself up.  I dont take it personally.  I use to ponder why people would post the same story over and over again myself.  Some people here on fornits are from programs in the '70's, believe it  or not.  But it is not up to you and me to judge them because they find solitude posting here.  We all have our own reasons for being here.  I am sure you do too.

I dont have a beard in case you were wondering.  But I consider myself honest.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Banny Dennison

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 25, 2010, 07:46:04 PM »
Quote from: "maruska"
Danny, so you see Whooter as Abraham Lincoln ? :rofl:

Let me explain what I meant with predictable posting: I can learn a lot about this industry from most people here . Their personal experience is valuable. They know what  they are talking about, because they lived it.

What can I learn from Whooter? Well....I know his opininon, I accept that he is entitled to such an opinion...but...why post it over and over again? He never contributes anything new, he spends years on this forum and uses the same program talk over and over ad nauseum...does he have a life outside this forum at all?
Actually, I feel a little sorry for him, that is all....I once had a student who reminds me of him..poor soul...oh well
But I will end this, I know this discussion is useless,  I should have not started it at all...
I apologize.

:feedtrolls:

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2010, 10:33:03 AM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
Quote from: "Whooter"
...the studies are valid, conducted independently and overseen by a third party independent agency to insure there is no conflict of interest.

Links?  Sources??  Who has assessed the validity of these "studies"?  Were they published for peer-review?  Is there a single longitudinal clinical study?  Which "third-party independent agency" is overseeing these "studies"?

Lols...  *crickets*

Another fact-free posting brought to you by Whooter, industry shill piece.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2010, 12:15:15 PM »
The above posts just go to show (and further support my belief) that it is valid to question other peoples motives for posting.  Many feel I have not been truthful and that my own postings tell a different story than what I am saying.  It is up to the individual reader to determine if a person's story is valid or not.  I can only say what I have experienced, the rest is up to the readers.

I run into the same problem that Ursus, DJ and Anne have.  I have read posts of people saying they were abused during their time in the program yet the specifics of their post just don't add up.  I feel if I were abused I would notify the police after I left the program and name the abuser here on fornits.  But most of the time this is not done.  People would rather let the abuser run free (to abuse others) and just talk about it here on fornits.  Why?  How do they sleep at night? To many readers this would mean they are not being truthful and cant name the person because it didn’t happen.  Maybe some people make up stories just to fit in better or be part of the group, who knows.

So I think it is left up to the individual readers (each and every time) to determine if a poster is being honest or not.  Sometimes there just isn't any way to fact check or validate each person and their story.  So we need to go with our gut like Ursus etal. mentioned above.
I don't recall ever saying that one "needs to go with one's gut" in the discourse thus far. Nor do I recall anyone else saying so, though I could be wrong on that.

Rather, it seems some folk here have chosen to highlight certain logical inconsistencies between your posting behavior and your avowed claims to be "merely a program parent."

Nothing more, nothing less.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2010, 02:41:00 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
The above posts just go to show (and further support my belief) that it is valid to question other peoples motives for posting.  Many feel I have not been truthful and that my own postings tell a different story than what I am saying.  It is up to the individual reader to determine if a person's story is valid or not.  I can only say what I have experienced, the rest is up to the readers.

I run into the same problem that Ursus, DJ and Anne have.  I have read posts of people saying they were abused during their time in the program yet the specifics of their post just don't add up.  I feel if I were abused I would notify the police after I left the program and name the abuser here on fornits.  But most of the time this is not done.  People would rather let the abuser run free (to abuse others) and just talk about it here on fornits.  Why?  How do they sleep at night? To many readers this would mean they are not being truthful and cant name the person because it didn’t happen.  Maybe some people make up stories just to fit in better or be part of the group, who knows.

So I think it is left up to the individual readers (each and every time) to determine if a poster is being honest or not.  Sometimes there just isn't any way to fact check or validate each person and their story.  So we need to go with our gut like Ursus etal. mentioned above.
I don't recall ever saying that one "needs to go with one's gut" in the discourse thus far. Nor do I recall anyone else saying so, though I could be wrong on that.

Rather, it seems some folk here have chosen to highlight certain logical inconsistencies between your posting behavior and your avowed claims to be "merely a program parent."

Nothing more, nothing less.

The word, gut, was my own.  We take information from a story, bits and pieces here and there and with the absence of any hard facts we surmise (or use our gut as I call it).  I do the same thing myself and I realize I may be right on some of my calls and others I may be wrong.

If people want to take a sound bite here and another one there and try to build a case that I am working for the industry then that is really all we have without knowing the facts.  It isn’t hurtful towards anyone, really, and I think it helps many people here justify their own believes that the entire industry is evil and ineffective if they can paint me as being paid, by the industry, for what I do and diminish the impact of my position in their own minds.  
To be fair I probably do the same thing myself, at times, without realizing it.  Many of the details of survivor stories do not add up.  Maybe they are mistakes or maybe they are telling.