Author Topic: Island View is HELL  (Read 3504 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Island View is HELL
« on: June 26, 2007, 09:43:16 PM »
I am a now 17 year old girl from Canada. My parents sent me to Island View June 8th 2005, they thought it would be of benifit to my well being and depression problems. The truth was along with extreme verbal abuse and deprivition of my rights, I broke my wrist during a mandatory game of team competition(keep in mind this is the least of it, it's just one example that is "undeniably" legitimate.) they refused to take me to the hospital disreguarding that I was crying hysterically. For 3 months after my injury along with being forced to eat a massive breakfast which I had to "check off" with staff I was forced to do push ups, chin ups and eventually since my complaints did not head my parents were charged for me to lift weights to "strengthen" my broken wrist with the physical therapist. Finally when I was allowed to go home for a visit in November I had it x-rayed revealing it had started out as a hairline fracture and would have just needed a cast for six week but had now been displaced and healed incorrectly. I had been reprimanded for my complaints as well "special groups" were held on my lying and I was talked to with such disrespect and provacation it was unbelievable. Finally after much more aggravation and time spent in the "time out room" (a hexagon shaped cynderblock wall room where i was forced to sit on a cold tile floor) I had my hip bone taken to put in my wrist on February 7th 2006, I was flown back to Utah a week after where I was forced to walk around and not spend time to recover and treated like I was causing them termoil. 2 months after my bone graft in April I had to run "the mile" I can't tell you the constant everyday abuse I spent 13 months going through there. It's now june 2007 and my wrist is still not healed. every night i have nightmares about being back there and this weekend i was denied access to the states to drop my younger sister off at weight loss camp in new york because of the record they gave me after running away on a visit home and being 16 i couldnt be sent back . that was a year ago. i hope to sue the motherfuckers. i wish i could show ever parents what a day there is like.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Island View is HELL
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 10:27:21 PM »
Guess what?

A nice, fat fraction of the staff were getting quasi-sexual pleasure from doing that to you.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Re: Island View is HELL
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 11:50:18 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
i wish i could show ever parents what a day there is like.

You can, and just did, by giving others a tiny glimpse into the reality of day-to-day life in IV.

Parents typically don't have any idea what's going on with their kids. They're manipulated by the program as well. Survivor stories is the only piece of reality they have. The discerning parent will take it seriously, some will send their kid inspite of warnings. So, continue to share if you are inclined.

BTW, Welcome, and sorry for the hell you went through. Sounds like all the other shitpit programs in the troubled teen industry.

Were your phone calls and mail monitored? How often were you allowed to see your parents/siblings/extended family? How did your parents find the program? Did you have a 'diagnosis' before going, or did the program assign you one?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
I would be happy to help
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 01:00:25 AM »
I would be happy to help you by putting this facility on secretprisonsforteens.

I find it sick to send your child to another country, when your own country do have good solutions. Canada is not some undeveloped country without treatment options.

And why send your sister down to new york to a weight loss camp, when all it takes is to have a weight loss consulent to visit you in your home? It is the entire family who need a new plan for food intake, if your family want a lasting weight loss result. Even if your parents does not need to loose weight a new diet in your home would not kill them. It would properly benefit them regarding possible future circulatory diseases.

I have a member in my household, who haves a severe depression and it was and is treated with a in-patient stay at a local hospital (The doors was not locked) followed by a 20 week out-patient solution (The concept is 4-5 types of treatment selected from a packet of solutions depending of the individual patients needs). Life is not fun, but we have the family member in our house and can contribute with our love.

Please send me info about the level system, treatments, facility. Then a new page on the webpage is not far away.

Offline hurleygurley

• View Profile
    • http://www.thetroublingtroubledteenindustry.org
Island View is HELL
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 01:08:19 AM »
I, too, I am so sorry you suffered the horror of these programs. I do think it is possible for you to have a voice in redressing what was done to you. I would like to offer some advice and maybe some real help. If you are comfortable communicating with me please send me a private message and I'll get back to you.

To your healing ~

Hurleygurley

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Island View is HELL
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 06:29:49 PM »
BAM! Back to top this one goes.

Offline scorcha

• View Profile
guest who posted this
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 11:04:01 PM »
i went to iv with you. and since you dont know who i am from this, and since you didnt post a name, will you please e-mail me?