Author Topic: Update on secretprisonsforteens  (Read 4300 times)

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
Update on secretprisonsforteens
« on: May 29, 2007, 11:55:26 PM »
As I getting more help from people around Europe, pages in local languages would be available.

Also new pages would be creates as others do the hard work of finding and collecting newspaper articles about various facilities.

I have also received permission from Andrew share his story about the aftermath of his stay at Turn-about Ranch with the readers. I am grateful that he gave his permission.

http://www.secretprisonsforteens.dk/US/ ... tRanch.htm
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
Re: Update on secretprisonsforteens
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 08:33:10 AM »
Quote from: ""Covergaard""
As I getting more help from people around Europe, pages in local languages would be available.

Also new pages would be creates as others do the hard work of finding and collecting newspaper articles about various facilities.

I have also received permission from Andrew share his story about the aftermath of his stay at Turn-about Ranch with the readers. I am grateful that he gave his permission.

http://www.secretprisonsforteens.dk/US/ ... tRanch.htm

..Due to strict laws of Utah, the inmates must go without privileges that they enjoy at home like: Tobacco, alcohol and sex, which is considered especially harsh or even inhuman for foreign students.

Oh, my goodness, we should shut these abusive places down.  Can you imagine a parent wanting their teenager to go without Tobacco, alcohol and sex for any extended period of time.  I think it would be only fair to revise the rules and allow the kids to have a beer and cigarette break after every mile they hike.  These kids have a right to choose for  themselves….This is inhumane…. Their rights have been violated…. Ha,Ha,Ha

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 09:03:34 AM »
Coming from an ass-rape promoter like TheWho, it "strikes me as funny" that he feels kids aren't "violated"  :roll:
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
Re: Update on secretprisonsforteens
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 10:42:14 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Oh, my goodness, we should shut these abusive places down.  Can you imagine a parent wanting their teenager to go without Tobacco, alcohol and sex for any extended period of time.  I think it would be only fair to revise the rules and allow the kids to have a beer and cigarette break after every mile they hike.  These kids have a right to choose for  themselves….This is inhumane…. Their rights have been violated…. Ha,Ha,Ha

I can inform you that the age of consent in Denmark are 15 years. We have no lower limit on alcohol drinking age but an age-limit on alcohol and toccaco buying, which is 16.

Most Danes are served alcohol for their confirmation (aged 14-15) by their parents as a signal that they have entered the adulthood. (Not legally but in the eyes of God).

It is then that the teenager has to show the parents but not least the teenager self that he or she can take responsibility by demonstrating that they can control their drinking before they hit the floor. If they can not, then the - in Denmark - very expensive drivers licence would be very out of reach. (It cost about 1000 dollars to get a drivers licence). They have about 3 years to demonstrate that responsibility because you have to be 18 before you can drive a car in Denmark.

16 years old teenagers can obtain a licence at the city hall, and then they can buy all sorts of alcohol - not just beer and wine - all sorts.

Does it mean that teenagers are dying in the streets of Denmark due to heavy alcohol consumption? No, it doesn't because they drink it in the open where the parents can talk with them and give them advise. They don't have to hide anything and it is not exciting to break the law.

Some countries are free to create a full setup for a secret life for their children by the use of zero-tolerance, but then they should not be surprised when they suddenly stumble over things, they were not aware that their child would be able to do.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 12:33:25 PM »
But even if the age of consent is lower it should not be considered abusive or inhumane to deny alcohol and cigarettes to teenagers (in my opinion).  All and all I am glad you brought this to light.  When the schools are called abusive, by some, parents  sometimes imagine much harsher conditions.  When abuse is defined as not being able to smoke or drink alcohol it brings the definition into perspective somewhat.  Parents need to be aware that this is what is meant by abuse.

I think the term abuse is relative and calling a school abusive can carry different meanings for different kids.  When we were in highschool many thought they could get a lawyer to allow them to chew gum in school because it wasn’t illegal and there were no laws against it.  They felt the school was being abusive towards them, so I can see your point.
Thanks Covergaard

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 02:25:45 PM »
One of the comments was:

thats fucking intense man. Yea i woke up at 2:00 to 2 transporters at first i thought they were russian mafia. At turn about i did my best at roundy then it went downhill from there. I passed notes, i stole, i swore, i wiped my butt on some kids pillow, i did everything wrong. I went on 2 desert walks in a row. Ill never forget just walkin in the sand for 20 miles with only a peanut butter sandwich in my stomach and some water with sand in it.

And what's the 'therapeutic' benefit of that 'treatment'?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2007, 03:01:10 PM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""
One of the comments was:

thats fucking intense man. Yea i woke up at 2:00 to 2 transporters at first i thought they were russian mafia. At turn about i did my best at roundy then it went downhill from there. I passed notes, i stole, i swore, i wiped my butt on some kids pillow, i did everything wrong. I went on 2 desert walks in a row. Ill never forget just walkin in the sand for 20 miles with only a peanut butter sandwich in my stomach and some water with sand in it.

I didn’t see anyone referring to that as therapeutic.   I am sure, especially the kid whose pillow he sat on, didn’t find it therapeutic at all.

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2007, 05:01:08 PM »
Quote from: ""TheWho""
I think the term abuse is relative and calling a school abusive can carry different meanings for different kids.  When we were in highschool many thought they could get a lawyer to allow them to chew gum in school because it wasn’t illegal and there were no laws against it.  They felt the school was being abusive towards them, so I can see your point.
Thanks Covergaard

Yes, Turn-about would be abusive for an European teenager, who have lived a life with free access those things. If someone forced you to live in Saud-Arabia where there is no alcohol at all (not official and severely punished with whippings, if your are caught) I think that you also would find it too much. That is exactly what happened to these teenager in "Brat Camp" and "Teenager ausser Kontrolle", which came from UK, The Netherlands and Germany.

Second of all I find it very hard to understand why a POW can have more rights than a child at the ranch. Our troops in Iraq arrested some terrorists and forced them to sit in a stone circle for 5 hours. That incident went to trial and it was illegal. But sitting in stone circle all day is reality for the teenagers placed in Roundy. Please explain to me why a suicide bomber should be better protected than a child.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 05:12:31 PM »
One of the comments was:

I didn’t see anyone referring to that as therapeutic.   I am sure, especially the kid whose pillow he sat on, didn’t find it therapeutic at all.

Maybe it was a reaction to having his toilet paper away as punishment. That's if they even provide TP.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2007, 05:29:13 PM »
One of the comments was:

Maybe it was a reaction to having his toilet paper away as punishment. That's if they even provide TP.

Could be, but I would still be pretty pissed if that was my pillow.....

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2007, 05:30:27 PM »
Quote from: ""Covergaard""
Thanks Covergaard

Yes, Turn-about would be abusive for an European teenager, who have lived a life with free access those things. If someone forced you to live in Saud-Arabia where there is no alcohol at all (not official and severely punished with whippings, if your are caught) I think that you also would find it too much. That is exactly what happened to these teenager in "Brat Camp" and "Teenager ausser Kontrolle", which came from UK, The Netherlands and Germany.

Second of all I find it very hard to understand why a POW can have more rights than a child at the ranch. Our troops in Iraq arrested some terrorists and forced them to sit in a stone circle for 5 hours. That incident went to trial and it was illegal. But sitting in stone circle all day is reality for the teenagers placed in Roundy. Please explain to me why a suicide bomber should be better protected than a child.

POW’s have the Geneva Convention which is a set of rules that need to be followed regardless of what country they are from.  Some countries may find them non-abusive others may not, but they need to be followed regardless.  There are laws that are set up to protect children in the US and agencies dedicated to protecting them (i.e. department of Social services).  But for the most part it is left up to the discretion of the individual families/parents to define appropriate discipline.   The definition of abuse varies greatly in the US.  There are some groups who feel it is abusive to spank your kid or take away their cell phones and like you said in Saudi Arabia it is okay to whip the kids.

So in some respects the suicide bombers appear to have more rights because they are so well defined and each country needs to be held accountable and the visibility is greater.  But there is less tolerance towards people who abuse kids in this country than towards suicide bombers.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2007, 09:04:30 PM »
No they whip adults in Saudi Arabia, and kids but...
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 09:16:31 PM »
I dont think i have ever met an American who has said they think it is abusive to take away a cell phone. Does anybody know such a person?
But speaking of Abuse. in the event that a kid uses group therapy or even its one on 1 version to claim that they are a victim or physical or sexual abuse at home it represents a potential conflict of itnerest for the program. If it enacts its moral and in some states legal duty and reports such a thing to the appropriate authorities it stands to loose a lot of money.
 I wonder how many programs have actually done this? Those who worked in a program- What was the precedure when Jr would claim daddy innapropriately touched?
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 09:20:39 PM »
Couldn't do much as supposedly it represented a conflict of interest given the fact that daddy was paying for junior.

All in all a neat way to shut your abused kid up for a few years.
am the metal pig.

Offline hanzomon4

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 11:16:35 PM »
Nope we don't consider withholding cigarettes, liquor, or cell phones abusive. What you read in survivor statements is what we consider abuse. I won't go over the bullet points because the who knows them.

I think in the Who's Watching the Kids? Documentary they show how a girl was sent to SCL before she could report abuse at home, or something like that. I also remember a particularly disgusting account given by a woman who was sexually abused by her father, she was sent to a Lester Roloff home and later to a place in Louisiana I think, New Bethany? She had been involved with the cps system but when the pressure started to mount he sent her away. She endured some sick "treatment" and even worse beatings, in program and at home. But yeah it happens I'm sure.
i]Do something real, however, small. And don\'t-- don\'t diss the political things, but understand their limitations - Grace Lee Boggs[/i]
I do see the present and the future of our children as very dark. But I trust the people\'s capacity for reflection, rage, and rebellion - Oscar Olivera

Howto]