Author Topic: Lawsuit against Hidden Lake Academy should make Hyde nervous  (Read 10020 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Lawsuit against Hidden Lake Academy should make Hyde nervous
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2007, 11:15:42 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""Deborah""
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Personally, I think a great deal of the concern lies more with the "sex" issue than with the "excess expenditure" issue.

I tend to agree with you.
"Excess Expenditure" is what this country thrives on. It's what most strive for- to earn loads of money and spend it frivolously and wastefully.  
It's partly, sometimes primarily, what programs profess to be best at-
"Prepping" kids for college, not to persue what actually interests them. It's certainly what most parents want- their kid to finish school and get accepted to a prestigous university, college at the least.
Programs frequently define their 'success' by how many kids move on to college.
"Prepping" them to persue a degree and earn big bucks so they can become excessly expending consumers.

What they don't want is negative press associated with their program/school which might result from post-prom excesses. This is more a zero tolerance/ protect our image issue than and an excessive expenditure issue.

What? Are they really believing that kids stay virgins and refrain from substances all through high school, saving it for that special night? Hmmm. I seriously doubt that.
And, ultimately, isn't it still a parent's job to know where their kid is and what they're doing post-prom?

I wonder whether Maine and Connecticut will follow suit and begin to regulate Hyde.

What do you mean by "regulate?"  They "regulate" pretty much everything about kids lives as it is while they are there...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------