Author Topic: Graduation Stats  (Read 7537 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« on: April 05, 2007, 08:48:19 PM »
It's getting to be that time of year again, when Hyde "takes stock," and purges all ye of insufficient character and bad attitude...  Of course, this can be devastating for some, if not all, so thusly judged.  I've always wondered just how Hyde picks the unfortunates, as sometimes the choice appears not to comport with reality.  It would appear that there are personal reasons involved, that have nothing to do with either so-called character development or academics.  I was discussing this with another member of Fornits, who has researched the Industry for years, and who posts regularly on Hidden Lake Academy.  This is what that member had to add:
Same MO at HLA and others. HLA dumps kids right before graduation. It's a scam. They don't want to tarnish their 'success' stats. Many kids are there on scholarships and if they don't grad, their parents have to repay that 'gift'. Other's it's just a slap in the parents face. HLA has as much disdain for the parents as they do for the kids. Several parents are fighting legal battles to get refunds. Talked to many over the years in the same position.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 03:55:50 AM »
Here's an interesting tidbit of information re. Hyde DC's 100% college acceptance rate:
Quote from: ""bill procida""
...and as for the hyde d.c. school, seniors can't graduate there until they are accepted into a college. that might change, but they have a 100% acceptance rate, obviously due to that criteria for graduation.
 http://wwf.fornits.com/viewtopic.php?t=21096&start=5
Is this even legal?  And what happens to the student who wants to defer college for a few years?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 08:56:45 PM »
when we met with studetns and faculty last week, the students didn't like that. they are thinking about changing it. they can differ, but they have to apply. a lot of kids there are so convinced they can't get into college, so they have to go through that college process. same at the boarding schools .i don't approve that they shoudl HAVE to get accepted. that's kind of out of their control. i ho;pe they change it, cuz it's not fair and is a lot of pressure on those kids.
- bill procida '07

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 11:57:55 PM »
Well, this is some cheesy fucking way to artificially boost your numbers!  Think a REAL school would have to resort to such underhanded tactics?

I think it is pretty borderline illegal at the very best!

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 11:30:07 PM »
If a student makes it known, purposefully or inadvertently, that they wish to pursue goals other than college immediately upon graduating, does this set them up to join the ranks of those purged in the weeks prior?

How about some statistics, Hyde!?  I have never known a place to be less competent about supplying statistics.  Most schools would have such information at the drop of a hat.  Perhaps Hyde realizes that their numbers compare less than favorably, and deliberately obfuscates such information!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 12:17:16 AM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
If a student makes it known, purposefully or inadvertently, that they wish to pursue goals other than college immediately upon graduating, does this set them up to join the ranks of those purged in the weeks prior?

How about some statistics, Hyde!?  I have never known a place to be less competent about supplying statistics.  Most schools would have such information at the drop of a hat.  Perhaps Hyde realizes that their numbers compare less than favorably, and deliberately obfuscates such information!

Why would "college" equal "character"  College does not equal success or character, so what is actually being accomplished at Hyde DC?  Isn't this simply pressure on the kids which is something Joey G was always against? Talk about hypocritical!!!

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 01:52:15 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Quote from: ""Ursus""

Why would "college" equal "character"  College does not equal success or character, so what is actually being accomplished at Hyde DC?  Isn't this simply pressure on the kids which is something Joey G was always against? Talk about hypocritical!!!

Why would "college" equal "character?"  Good point!  This is clearly a move to seduce parents, i.e., source of mo money!

The best things in life are free,
But you can keep it to the birds and bees;
I want money,
That's what i want,
That's what i want, yeah,
That's what i want.

Money don't get ev'rything it's true,
What it don't get i can't use;
Now give me money,
That's what i want,
That's what i want, yeah,
That's what i want.

Ow!

from:  http://www.lyricsfreak.com/y/yoko+ono/m ... 95972.html
Recorded live at the varsity stadium, toronto, 13 september 1969

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2007, 07:31:40 AM »
Does anyone know the size of this year's graduating classes in Maine and Conn.?  How do they compare with recent years in terms of people staying at Hyde and graduating?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 07:35:23 AM »
Does anyone know the size of this year's graduating classes in Maine and Conn.?  How do they compare with recent years in terms of people staying at Hyde and graduating?

Let's also hear about those stats as percentage of starting players, eh?  I'm guessing 30-40%?  Anyone care to take me on?   :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 01:50:46 PM »
I honestly dount it will be 30-40%. Although i am one of those people who started the year and did not finish. My mother is now out 40,000. They also refused to give me money/clothing/cellphone back to me unless i removed what i wrote about hyde on this website. All i did was say the dean is a dick its not like i broke the lying ethic i mean hey come on I TOLD THE TRUTH!

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 02:37:41 PM »
I honestly dount it will be 30-40%. Although i am one of those people who started the year and did not finish. My mother is now out 40,000. They also refused to give me money/clothing/cellphone back to me unless i removed what i wrote about hyde on this website. All i did was say the dean is a dick its not like i broke the lying ethic i mean hey come on I TOLD THE TRUTH!

Tell me, friend, how would they even know?!  They claim they never even look at our drivel!   :rofl:   And, although we assuredly know to the contrary, how would they then surmise that it was you?  How, indeed, even if knowing that it was you, could they prove it?

Seems to me you have a potential lawsuit re. your belongings being held hostage to your compliance with their wishes.  Your belongings should not enter into the issue of whatever beef they have with you at all!  This totally sucks!

Which dean?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007, 03:44:08 PM »
They must have a log of all web traffic off and on campus.  They matched the sending ip address to the poster and matched the http request to this web site at it's former IP address, then matched the time of the post to time in the log. Voila mon' ami.  There is no privacy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007, 04:05:11 PM »
They must have a log of all web traffic off and on campus.  They matched the sending ip address to the poster and matched the http request to this web site at it's former IP address, then matched the time of the post to time in the log. Voila mon' ami.  There is no privacy

We don't know from where the "dean is a dick" posting was sent.  Could have been sent from an internet cafe' while on vacation?  Or, from home?  Was this before or after student's exit from the shitpit?  Plus, would they still have been able to trace it if guest used an anonymizing proxy to access fornits?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007, 05:08:28 PM »

We don't know from where the "dean is a dick" posting was sent.  Could have been sent from an internet cafe' while on vacation?  Or, from home?  Was this before or after student's exit from the shitpit?  Plus, would they still have been able to trace it if guest used an anonymizing proxy to access fornits?

I was assuming it was from campus.  The other possibility is human engineering.  The prose style was recognized and a game was played.  I am thinking of a game like "we know you did it so tell us or else it will be worse for you."   If it was the post I am thinking of, there was some piquant language.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 07:58:36 PM »

I was assuming it was from campus.  The other possibility is human engineering.  The prose style was recognized and a game was played.  I am thinking of a game like "we know you did it so tell us or else it will be worse for you."   If it was the post I am thinking of, there was some piquant language.

That does sound so very much like Hyde!  Or there could have been some particularly odious Brother's Keeper elements re. roommates or friends, etc.  Would the original "dean is a dick" Guest poster care to chime in and set us all straight re. said speculation?

And my curiosity is roused... which post was it?