Author Topic: Graduation Stats  (Read 7539 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 08:34:50 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
I honestly dount it will be 30-40%. Although i am one of those people who started the year and did not finish. My mother is now out 40,000. They also refused to give me money/clothing/cellphone back to me unless i removed what i wrote about hyde on this website. All i did was say the dean is a dick its not like i broke the lying ethic i mean hey come on I TOLD THE TRUTH!

Can you tell us exactly what happened when Hyde found out that you posted on this website?  Who talked to you about it?  What did they say?  Who told you that you had to remove what you posted?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007, 10:35:08 PM »
PRNewswire LINK
http://www.hydedc.org[/url].

About HYDE Leadership Public Charter School

Founded in 1999, HYDE Leadership Public Charter School offers a quality
private school education at a public school price (tuition-free) to
students throughout the District of Columbia. The school serves Pre-K (ages
3 and 4) through grade 12 and is located at 101 T St., NE, Washington, DC.
It is affiliated with the HYDE Boarding School in Bath, Maine, which
pioneered character-driven education more than 40 years ago. The HYDE
program combines character education and family renewal with an
extended-day and year-round academic program, complemented by performing
arts, athletics and community service curricula. Admission is on a
first-come, first-served basis. For additional information, please visit
http://www.hydedc.org or call the school at (202) 529-4400.

===================================
HYDE          
JACQUELINE L. FRIERSON, Ed. D, HEAD OF SCHOOL  
HYDE LEADERSHIP PUBLIC CHARTER SCHOOL          

The following colleges and universities offered acceptance to one or more members of  the 2007 graduating class of HYDE Leadership Public Charter School:    

Alaska Pacific Univ.; American Univ.; Auburn Univ.; Barton College; Bethune Cookman  College; Bowie State Univ., Carson Newman College; Central Pennsylvania College; College  of Eastern Utah; College of St. Elizabeth; The College of New Rochelle; Columbia Union  College; Davis & Elkins College; Delaware State University; Florida A&M Univ.; Furman  Univ.; Iona College; Jacksonville Univ.; Kansas State Univ.; Langston Univ.; LeMoyne  College; Lincoln Univ.; Lock Haven Univ.; Lynchburg College; Mansfield Univ., Middle  Georgia College; Montgomery College; Morris Brown; Norfolk State Univ.; North Carolina  State Univ.; Penn State Univ.; Saint Augustine Univ.; Slippery Rock Univ.; Snow College;  Temple Univ.; Trinity Washington Univ., Tuskegee Univ., Univ. of Connecticut; Univ. of the  District of Columbia; Univ. of Maine; Univ. of Maryland Eastern Shore; Univ. of Maryland  College Park; Univ. of Michigan Flint; Univ. of South Carolina Aiken; Univ. of Vermont;  Ursinus College; Virginia Commonwealth Univ.; Virginia State Univ.; Virginia Tech Univ.;  Virginia Union Univ.; and, West Virginia Weslyan.

101 T STREET NE   WASHINGTON, DC 20002    TEL: 202-529-4400    FAX: 202-529-4500
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2007, 08:48:57 AM »
WASHINGTON, June 15 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On Saturday, June 16,
2007, HYDE Leadership Public Charter School in Washington, DC (HYDE-DC)
will celebrate the graduation of the Class of 2007, of which every senior
has been accepted and plans to attend a four-year college or university.

This is a lie just like all the lies at the boarding school re the stats. Why don't YOU "bet on the truth" Hyde? I went to Hyde and there is no way that 98% of the students landed in college. First of all, many in my graduating class never graduated. Hyde did their typical purging of the senior population towards the end of the school year. The sucker parents had to either keep us at Hyde one more year at $40,000 or Johnny gets shipped home and ends up with a GED because Hyde's accredidation is not accepted by many public schools.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2007, 09:35:45 AM »
It is a self fulfilling definition  to graduate you must be accepted bya four year college.  Job done.  100% of our graduating class is accepted because you must be accepted to graduate.

When I was there they washed kid out that were accepted to good four year colleges. Why?  Enrollment management.  That was the year that they changed the definition of high school into a five year ordeal:
Freshman
Sophomore
Junior
Senior prep
Senior

Even some of the kids that made the cut into the senior class did not graduate.  Thanks to Al Gore for inventing the internet.  We who were screwed by this system can now reach out through the ages via cyber space and bite back.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2007, 09:49:03 AM »
Thanks to Al Gore for inventing the Internet.

Ed Legg, if he had only lived up to his unique potential, had all the makings of an Al Gore.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2007, 09:58:02 AM »
WASHINGTON, June 15 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On Saturday, June 16, 2007, HYDE Leadership Public Charter School in Washington, DC (HYDE-DC) will celebrate the graduation of the Class of 2007, of which every senior has been accepted and plans to attend a four-year college or university.
This is a lie just like all the lies at the boarding school re the stats. Why don't YOU "bet on the truth" Hyde? I went to Hyde and there is no way that 98% of the students landed in college. First of all, many in my graduating class never graduated. Hyde did their typical purging of the senior population towards the end of the school year. The sucker parents had to either keep us at Hyde one more year at $40,000 or Johnny gets shipped home and ends up with a GED because Hyde's accredidation is not accepted by many public schools.
The inner quote describes Hyde-DC, the public charter school, so this may not be a fair comparison.  From what I've been told, a prerequisite for graduation from the charter school is acceptance into some college.  Which means that if you don't succeed in getting in, you don't graduate, and don't screw up their precious statistics.  And if you don't graduate, what do you do?  You're stuck trying to get your GED, which looks potentially worse on your transcript than graduation from any high school.  

I imagine there is a hell of a lot more "prep work" on the part of Hyde with readying students at the charter school for getting into college.  And that work probably entails making students apply to places like the Univ. of the District of Columbia, whether they like it or not.  UDC has open enrollment, meaning anyone can go; just as long as you graduated from high school or have a GED.  That is one of the primary reasons for its existence in the first place.

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=10760&start=16
Quote from: ""Surfer Mouse""
University of the District of Columbia

Admissions Information:
The University of the District of Columbia exercises an open
admissions policy. Proof of high school graduation or satisfactory
completion of the General Educational Development (GED) test
is required for admission.

Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT): While the SAT is not required
for admission to the University, it is strongly recommended that
all undergraduates applicants for admission take the test.
Achieving a 100% college acceptance for graduating seniors
when the criteria for acceptance is being a graduating senior
may help explain the remarkable results of the Hyde experience.

Note also that Hyde Leadership Public Charter School stats do NOT differ from the other public charter schools in DC!

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=10760&start=18
State of the District of Columbia Charter School Sector: 2006 - A Ten Year Review

"According to the PCSB (D.C. Public Charter School Board) four high schools had a
100% college-acceptance rate, two had a rate of 98-99% . . . overall college
acceptance rate is 88.5%" pg 31

Offline Ed Legg

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2007, 10:04:40 AM »

Ed Legg, if he had only lived up to his unique potential, had all the makings of an Al Gore.

Hey,

What kinda trash you talkin'?  Sure ol' Al invented the internet and got the Oscar and the Noble Peace prize, but does he have fish named after his wife?  Has he ever started a bus from Saco and Bidderford to bring kids to a fine fine school like ... damn whats the name of that school I work fer?

Hug
i]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2007, 10:09:51 AM »
Quote from: ""Ed Legg""

Hey,

What kinda trash you talkin'?  Sure ol' Al invented the internet and got the Oscar and the Noble Peace prize, but does he have fish named after his wife?  Has he ever started a bus from Saco and Bidderford to bring kids to a fine fine school like ... damn whats the name of that school I work fer?

Hug

Oh, yeah, almost forgot. Ann of the flying bazoombas.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2007, 10:16:52 AM »
Now... as far as the boarding school stats go, this makes my blood boil.  'Cuz they've been pulling this bullshit for over 35 fucking years.  When they started doing this crap, you tucked your tail between your legs and slunk off in the shadows in shame.  You were ostracized from the community and you had no one to compared notes with.  Because they made it absolutely and utterly clear that you were one of the very very very few that "failed" to complete your mission, due to your inherently deficient and flawed character.

Of course, THIS WAS COMPLETELY FALSE, but how were we to know back then?  Thanks to the Internet, people are now comparing notes.  People are realizing just how phony and full of shit those lying gutterdogs really are.
We who were screwed by this system can now reach out through the ages via cyber space and bite back.

Offline Ed Legg

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2007, 10:32:45 AM »

inherently deficient and flawed character.

Joe was the one that made me do it. There were some fine kids where,  we knew that mom and dad had pretty deep pockets they deserved to get grad gee ate ted but ol' Joe said "get the money"  and we tried to hold 'em back.  Now to the credit of many yall that we tried to do that to, you said "screw that" and booked.  I always liked that word usage "booked" Do youngins still use that? Any way that why I wrote recommendations for some of you.  You guys know I did not care about the money.  Hell I almost ran the school bankrupt before old Joe run me out.  Please don't hate me. I was young and under the influence of Joe.  

Hugs[/code]
i]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2007, 10:56:58 AM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Now... as far as the boarding school stats go, this makes my blood boil.  'Cuz they've been pulling this bullshit for over 35 fucking years.  When they started doing this crap, you tucked your tail between your legs and slunk off in the shadows in shame.  You were ostracized from the community and you had no one to compared notes with.  Because they made it absolutely and utterly clear that you were one of the very very very few that "failed" to complete your mission, due to your inherently deficient and flawed character.

Of course, THIS WAS COMPLETELY FALSE, but how were we to know back then?  Thanks to the Internet, people are now comparing notes.  People are realizing just how phony and full of shit those lying gutterdogs really are.

I don't understand your post at all.

1) Were you refused the coveted Hyde character diploma?

2) Were you additionally refused the standard high school diploma necessary for college matriculation?

3) Were you refused the opportunity of returning for a fifth year, to earn these?

4) Were you sent home before graduation day?

5) Was it necessary to make up your senior year at another school?

6) Did this happen to other seniors?  

7) How many others do you know of?

8) How did you find out about them?

These are purely informative questions. I was completely unaware of such goings-on.

Offline Ed Legg

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2007, 11:14:49 AM »

I know I did that to at least one girl  I am trin' to remember her name.  She was a pretty girl and she could run like a rabbit.  I figured with mom and dad comin' up for the weekend I could get them to wait a year and cough up another 7k.  No dice on that one.  That girl had spunk.  It is amazing how many of those kids that stuff worked on.

Hugs
i]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2007, 11:24:49 AM »
Quote from: ""Ed Legg""

I know I did that to at least one girl  I am trin' to remember her name.  She was a pretty girl and she could run like a rabbit.  I figured with mom and dad comin' up for the weekend I could get them to wait a year and cough up another 7k.  No dice on that one.  That girl had spunk.  It is amazing how many of those kids that stuff worked on.

Hugs

Let's be clear. Are you saying she had to choose between returning for a fifth year and being expelled?

Are you saying many kids faced this choice?

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2007, 11:41:40 AM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""

I don't understand your post at all.

1) Were you refused the coveted Hyde character diploma?

2) Were you additionally refused the standard high school diploma necessary for college matriculation?

3) Were you refused the opportunity of returning for a fifth year, to earn these?

5) Was it necessary to make up your senior year at another school?

6) Did this happen to other seniors?  

7) How many others do you know of?

8) How did you find out about them?

These are purely informative questions. I was completely unaware of such goings-on.

Hyde has a very long and established history of "purging" undesirables from their midst, usually 1-3 times per year, and yes, I was a casualty of one of those.  There was a list made up by the headmaster, I was told it contained roughly 60-70 names (all grades); I would imagine that not all exited though.  It was not necessary for me to make up lost classes at another school, as I was already in my "extra year" (I had returned in the hopes of that elusive Diploma, denied me the previous year).

I would venture that a substantial number of students, actually the majority, have to choose between coming back for an extra year or not receiving a Hyde Diploma.

Hyde does not offer a "standard high school diploma;" in lieu of a Hyde Diploma, you can earn a "certificate."  And nope, I didn't get that either.

I prepped myself and retook my SATs (Hyde at that time did not in the least bit prepare you for these, perhaps they still don't) and scored in the top 0.5 or 0.1 percentiles for both Verbal and Math.  However, Hyde would not release my transcripts, despite being given ample notice and follow up phone calls and letters, for at least half a year.  At the time, I thought it was just me, but other people have noted just this kind of behavior elsewhere on this forum several times, in several different threads, so apparently this is standard fare from them.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 11:53:05 AM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Graduation Stats
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2007, 11:47:06 AM »
The facts as I know them are that this young woman was told not to appear at the baccalaureate if she did not accept a fifth year.  How many case like that do you need?  I think it was Mike that said Hyde lacked rigorous intellectual coherence.   That is absolutely the truth.  When there are no real standards, nothing you can quantify, you can just pull excuses out of your ass to meet enrollment management goals.  You go back and look at the kids that were asked back from that graduation class for a fifth year and tell me how many were on scholarship?  It was about the money.  Get some character and suck it up.  The process was venal.  It was about money.  I know that hurts your feelings. "Hyde fosters psychological dependence."