Author Topic: gauld admits hyde is a fraud and quits  (Read 14152 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
gauld admits hyde is a fraud and quits
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2007, 02:23:49 PM »
s c h o o l ?

the kids were not so crazy...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2007, 05:43:33 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
s c h o o l ?

the kids were not so crazy...

crazy school with bizarre kids

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2007, 08:11:30 PM »

Emil Nitrate, I don't know what your story is. You change your tune as often as I change underwear! The cutsy names don't impress me. You like Hyde, you don't like Hyde. You agree with them, you don't agree with them. No offense meant, but please make up your mind.

My mind constantly changes,  my opinions change.  Said I like two people.  IF you can like people you disagree with you don't belong in a Republic with democratic elements. Go to North Korea.   My view of Hyde is pretty settled.  It could change  ... again.  What are you doing?  Picking sides for dodgeball?    

As far a Identification I have said enough to identify myself to Hyde or any one else with a half decent memory of the time I was there.  It doesn't really matter to me.  My concern is that when people google my name they see press about my current life and not that I went to a bizarre school in Maine with a bunch of crazy kids.

Emil

No problem calling yourself Emil.  I completely understand this, but stick to Emil rather than signing other names to your posts.

Not picking sides for dodgeball. I know what Hyde is and I stand by the fact that it is a dangerous place that should only exist if there was a change of the guard/gauld.  Hyde certainly should not house children.

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2007, 08:39:38 PM »

Emil Nitrate, I don't know what your story is. You change your tune as often as I change underwear! The cutsy names don't impress me. You like Hyde, you don't like Hyde. You agree with them, you don't agree with them. No offense meant, but please make up your mind.

My mind constantly changes,  my opinions change.  Said I like two people.  IF you can like people you disagree with you don't belong in a Republic with democratic elements. Go to North Korea.   My view of Hyde is pretty settled.  It could change  ... again.  What are 1)you doing?  Picking sides for dodgeball?    

As far a Identification I have said enough to identify myself to Hyde or any one else with a half decent memory of the time I was there.  It doesn't really matter to me.  My concern is that when people google my name they see press about my current life and not that I went to a bizarre school in Maine with a bunch of crazy kids.

Emil

No problem calling yourself Emil.  I completely understand this, but stick to Emil rather than signing other names to your posts.

Not picking sides for dodgeball. I know what Hyde is and I stand by the fact that it is a dangerous place that should only exist if there was a change of the guard/gauld.  Hyde certainly should not house children.

I think one of the most dangerous things at Hyde was Joe.  Under certain conditions he could be very damaging.  He had no compunction ripping a family apart to prove a point, or back handing people for random things like "lack of personality" or screeching at emotionally vulnerable children. I think Billy P stipulated to that point in a recent post.  At this point he is mostly a titular figure.  

With out some psychological professionals on staff  they are playing with fire.  They clearly have the funds for it. It is just dumb luck they have not had another incident like the summer of '75

Emil
sk and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2007, 02:39:28 AM »
Quote from: ""JoeSoulBro""
With out some psychological professionals on staff  they are playing with fire.  They clearly have the funds for it. It is just dumb luck they have not had another incident like the summer of '75

Emil

Emil,

Or is it JoeSoulBro now? Things are getting bi-polar. Bear with me. The hiring of psychologists would create a conflict of interest between the staff psychologists and school. The school's methods would put them in an ethical bind.

Mike

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2007, 02:54:06 AM »
Mike, Emil appears "not to be himself" anymore.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 03:20:59 AM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2007, 03:07:09 AM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Mike, Emil appears "not be to himself" anymore.

It's Emil, alright. He's running out of puns.

Mike

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2007, 05:16:32 AM »
The Absurdity of Evil
This novella is, above all, an exploration of hypocrisy, ambiguity, and moral confusion. It explodes the idea of the proverbial choice between the lesser of two evils. As the idealistic Marlow is forced to align himself with either the hypocritical and malicious colonial bureaucracy or the openly malevolent, rule-defying Kurtz, it becomes increasingly clear that to try to judge either alternative is an act of folly: how can moral standards or social values be relevant in judging evil? Is there such thing as insanity in a world that has already gone insane? The number of ridiculous situations Marlow witnesses act as reflections of the larger issue: at one station, for instance, he sees a man trying to carry water in a bucket with a large hole in it. At the Outer Station, he watches native laborers blast away at a hillside with no particular goal in mind. The absurd involves both insignificant silliness and life-or-death issues, often simultaneously. That the serious and the mundane are treated similarly suggests a profound moral confusion and a tremendous hypocrisy: it is terrifying that Kurtz’s homicidal megalomania and a leaky bucket provoke essentially the same reaction from Marlow.

Offline lucy

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2007, 06:09:27 AM »

My mind constantly changes,  my opinions change.  Said I like two people.  IF you can like people you disagree with you don't belong in a Republic with democratic elements. Go to North Korea.   My view of Hyde is pretty settled.  It could change  ... again.  What are 1)you doing?  Picking sides for dodgeball?    

Emil

I think one of the most dangerous things at Hyde was Joe.  Under certain conditions he could be very damaging.  He had no compunction ripping a family apart to prove a point, or back handing people for random things like "lack of personality" or screeching at emotionally vulnerable children. I think Billy P stipulated to that point in a recent post.  At this point he is mostly a titular figure.  

Emil

Yes it does seem they have the funds for better teachers and professional counselors, but no ethical professional would work at Hyde.  It would go against most everything they were taught and would probably be an ethics problem

Why do you think Hyde has not had another incident like summer of 75?  Just because it is not public knowledge does not mean they haven't had more incidences.  Hyde is great at settling many of these cases so they go away and no one will know about them

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2007, 04:08:12 PM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Mike, Emil appears "not be to himself" anymore.

It's Emil, alright. He's running out of puns.

Mike

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

How am I not myself?

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/I_Heart_Huckabees

Emil Nightrate

You want more pun?  
 AKA
Hugh Jardin
sk and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2007, 04:11:18 PM »
Quote from: ""lucy""

Emil

Emil

Yes it does seem they have the funds for better teachers and professional counselors, but no ethical professional would work at Hyde.  It would go against most everything they were taught and would probably be an ethics problem

Why do you think Hyde has not had another incident like summer of 75?  Just because it is not public knowledge does not mean they haven't had more incidences.  Hyde is great at settling many of these cases so they go away and no one will know about them

Frankly I have been expecting something dramatic like a shooting to make the AP wire service.

Emil

Offline Jesus H Christ

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2007, 05:35:25 PM »

no ethical professional would work at Hyde

They would not have to be ethical , just competent.   Some at intake to screen for things that Hyde is not capable to handle.  Gee would they have any students if they did that? ROFL

Emil

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2007, 06:41:41 PM »

They would not have to be ethical , just competent.   Some at intake to screen for things that Hyde is not capable to handle.  Gee would they have any students if they did that? ROFL

Emil

If psychologists are under oath to report psychologically harmful practices by their employers, then it is not in Hyde's best interests to hire them.

Mike

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2007, 07:57:41 PM »

Emil

If psychologists are under oath to report psychologically harmful practices by their employers, then it is not in Hyde's best interests to hire them.

Mike

they could hire a guy like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Leary

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2007, 08:10:14 PM »