Author Topic: blownawaytheidahoway  (Read 26506 times)

Offline stina

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #120 on: November 15, 2007, 02:18:48 AM »
One thing I think we can all be thankful for... a scathing sense of humor. I've been noticing that in a lot of the posts. Am I wrong? We're severely dysfunctional in many differing ways, but I think we all have that. It's something, right?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
I used to be Snow White but I drifted.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
    • http://www.foxmovies.com/fightclub/
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #121 on: November 15, 2007, 10:07:26 AM »
Laughter is my best medecine.

How I missed my saturday night lives @ rma

Offline AuntieEm

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #122 on: November 15, 2007, 10:19:45 AM »
Stina wrote:
Have her parents said that she won't be able to see all of you (the rest of her family) when she eventually comes on a home visit?

Home visits? Home visits? That's some kind of mirage in the desert.

There has been no communication whatsoever with any family member other than her parents. Both sides of the family, not even siblings, not her grandmother, no one. Almost 2 years now. Some letters were allowed to be sent, but we later learned none had been given to her. I'm not sure she's been allowed off campus with her parents more than once or twice.

Of course we are told this is all her fault, and that but for her bad behavior (and ours), we would be able to see her.

Auntie Em

Offline stina

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #123 on: November 15, 2007, 03:29:52 PM »
Quote from: ""AuntieEm""
Stina wrote:
Have her parents said that she won't be able to see all of you (the rest of her family) when she eventually comes on a home visit?

There has been no communication whatsoever with any family member other than her parents. Both sides of the family, not even siblings, not her grandmother, no one. Almost 2 years now. Some letters were allowed to be sent, but we later learned none had been given to her. I'm not sure she's been allowed off campus with her parents more than once or twice.

Of course we are told this is all her fault, and that but for her bad behavior (and ours), we would be able to see her.

Auntie Em

This makes my blood boil. Want to go on a road trip with me and bust her out of there?
I used to be Snow White but I drifted.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #124 on: November 15, 2007, 11:11:52 PM »
Quote from: ""stina""
Quote from: ""AuntieEm""
Stina wrote:

Auntie Em

This makes my blood boil. Want to go on a road trip with me and bust her out of there?

Only if the car can fit 150 people. We can call it the freedom train.

Yeah, yeah, I know you weren't asking me...

Man, I should totally just go up there, say I am alumni, and ask to run an inter-school last light where both NWA and BCA attend. (Alumni would do that when I was there.) Then just get up in front of the house and tell everyone to get the fuck out of there as fast as their little legs will carry them, and hopefully get out enough info before the staff physically drag me from the pit.

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2007, 12:21:53 AM »
The psychedelic 40 grit sandpaper cushions from the pit would do an exorcist style 5150 white jacket containment on you if you try that

Offline AuntieEm

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2007, 10:22:10 AM »
You guys sure cheer me up.

The road-trip-with-a-bolt-cutter plan got a lot of discussion early on. Ultimately realized I can't help her much if I get sent up for kidnapping, or if her father sues us into pennilessness.

Castle, you going out there under the ruse of holding a kumbiya moment is actually pretty intriguing.

I've not been able to elaborate on the details here in a public forum, but we have explored and continue to investigate ways to communicate with her, to get her independent legal counsel, or to actually get her out of there. It's terribly complicated really--the bastards have a lot more experience dealing with people like us than we have dealing with people like them--and it requires perseverence to find people who can help beyond offering sympathy, or referring you to someone else. For example, it's hard to find an attorney who has the right stuff: the necessary law background, familiarity with the widespread reports of abuse and death in the programs, and a license to practice in "Imaho" (in the entire history of the State of Idaho there have been fewer than 7000 attorneys who passed the bar there). Plus some backbone and a devious mind, if you get my drift.

But I'm working on it, and welcome your ideas. Your insider perspectives, hard won as they were, have been invaluable to me. I so appreciate the support and encouragement.

Auntie Em

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
Yep, you guessed it, more about raps.
« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2007, 01:41:04 PM »
When it was house around the pit time, we were already there. Even if you were straggling in the adjacent dining hall or outside all it took was one reminder to come quick. I never saw anyone blatantly late for anything at BMA.

The pit was the central focus after our well earned lunch. Lunch, and the bi- weekly scheduled menu was the guide for me on knowing what day it was and how I would be. It was pizza. The single best meal at BMA very signficantly signaled Wednesday. A rap day. I despised Monday's French Dip sandwiches (shout to Castle)  because it meant I had to eat a rap after lunch. The same principle ruined the pizza on Wednesday's, and every meal on a Friday was also tainted with the poison of knowledge that it was a rap day. The apprehension attributed to raps cannot be overstated. Raps were no joke. I felt the poisonous fear, and it contributed greatly to my personal fears about what this nightmarish facility was doing to me. The poison infected the campus audibly in the afternoon on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. An observer walking around campus would be struck by the overwhelming volume and intermittent screams, outbursts of vulgarity, and the more mature voices of the counselor's overseeing it all. The noises that emanated from the rooms of raps adjacent to my own is imprinted on whatever part of my brain that stores sound bytes. It's because I was still new that it all still seemed new.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

• View Profile
rapssuck
« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2007, 01:45:58 PM »
Pedro held up the final rap list that would become a rap sheet as soon as it hit the hands of the person facilitating that days rap. and repeated the process, even doling out an unusual compliment to one of the upper schoolers who'd be in that rap. Was that a code for him to be pseudo staff? Having a dangerous upper schooler in your rap could be as bad as having a rap with a power staffer. I still couldn't understand everything and I noticed changes occuring in myself while this novelty of the place wore off.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 08:14:56 AM by Guest »
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline AuntieEm

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2007, 02:46:50 PM »
Building on Che and Psy's picket-the-facility approach, you could stand out there on a M-W-F morning with a sign saying "Never attend another rap!/Free bus ticket anywhere in the US."

Sadly, I hasten to add that I've been advised that any complicity in removing a student from campus could get you in deep legal trouble, so I'm not advoacting that.

It pains me to hear you talk about how much you dreaded the raps and how central they were to the brainwashing. I wish I could turn back the clock and give you all the gift of a normal childhood (even though most "normal" childhoods are somewhat screwed up and traumatic).

Auntie Em

Offline bonnevillebarbie

• View Profile
Re: GET SOME
« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2008, 01:20:05 PM »
Quote from: ""blownawaytheidahoway""
next installment forthcoming.
Here is the opening and what is right now free and available for public consumption. Numbered copies of this (and the some of the following chapters) will soon (2 weeks) be available for purchase.
Negotiations began yesterday with printer,  but I'm excited enough to repost the changed opening here. Sorry if it seems familiar to some of you.
Please send me a private message if you are interested in receiving the physical manuscript from my first printing.
-blownawaytheidahoway                        11/07

Can you let me know when the book is availbale?  I was at RMA at the same time you were and my eperiences still huant me.

(i know what month it is)
MA grad 1992

• View Profile
Blown
« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2008, 01:31:46 PM »
my experience still haunts me too. Welcome, new news is on the way, I can't wait to share it all with you, The project is evolving quite a bit.

It's very hard to capture the less solid nuances of what went on, and most importantly for us, how it was done.
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline bonnevillebarbie

• View Profile
Re: Blown
« Reply #132 on: January 02, 2008, 01:54:00 PM »
my experience still haunts me too. Welcome, new news is on the way, I can't wait to share it all with you, The project is evolving quite a bit.

It's very hard to capture the less solid nuances of what went on, and most importantly for us, how it was done.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 11:23:05 PM by bonnevillebarbie »
MA grad 1992

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2008, 11:43:34 AM »
I just listened to Somewhere for the first time ALL THE WAY THROUGH now, no cheating. and It made me want to kick
dishdutyfugitive

in the balls.
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline dishdutyfugitive

• View Profile
blownawaytheidahoway
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2008, 12:09:28 PM »
I said,

Kick me in the Jimmy.

Again, harder.