Author Topic: Undercover drug sting nets 15 high school students  (Read 10429 times)

Offline 69

• View Profile
Undercover drug sting nets 15 high school students
« on: January 03, 2007, 10:53:14 PM »
SAN DIEGO ? An undercover police investigation launched months ago resulted in the arrest of 15 students on drug-possession charges Wednesday morning at University City High School and Patrick Henry High School.

Police said two of the students had marijuana in their possession when they were detained.

Two San Diego police officer posed as students during the fall semester at the two campuses. They bought drugs on or near school, including prescription pain medication, marijuana, ecstasy and psilocybin, otherwise known as magic mushrooms, police said.

At University City High School, police arrested eight boys and one girl, ranging in age from 15 to 17.

At Patrick Henry, in Del Cerro, six male students were arrested. They ranged in age from 15 to 18.

Authorities said they also plan to seek an arrest warrant for a student who transferred from University City to a school in Ohio.

The arrests were made without incident and the operation ?was very smooth and very low-key,? said school district spokeswoman Ursula Kroemer.

Police officials said they conducted the operation to combat drug activity in and around the campuses. The undercover officers bought 6.3 grams of marijuana, 5 ecstasy pills, 6.4 grams of mushrooms and 12 pain pills.

The superintendent was informed about the investigation from the start, with principals at the two schools learning about it Tuesday, Kroemer said.

?On one hand it is a little bit (of) startling information. On the other hand it is keeping with our zero-tolerance policy,? she said. ?One thing we can say is we think the arrests send a very clear message: We don't tolerate drug use, possession or selling on campus.?

Three students were on probation for drug-related offenses and several were repeat offenders, police said.

Police said the students are to be charged with possession of narcotics, possession of narcotics for sale and some will face an enhanced charge accusing them of selling drugs in and around a school.

School district officials had said that police would hold a media briefing Wednesday afternoon, but police officials issued a release with information on the incident instead.

Acting police Capt. Shelley Zimmerman said she couldn't say whether the department had undercover police officers posing as students at any other district campus.

She said no other arrests were expected from the operation.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metr ... hool2.html
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 03:20:32 AM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 11:02:24 PM »
Police officials said they conducted the operation to combat drug activity in and around the campuses. The undercover officers bought 6.3 grams of marijuana, 5 ecstasy pills, 6.4 grams of mushrooms and 12 pain pills.

Wow.  They certainly did have a mini Pablo running around campus there, huh?:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

:flame:  :x  :flame:  :flame:  ::armed::  ::armed::  ::puke::

WTF is wrong with people?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline 69

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 11:09:08 PM »

The superintendent was informed about the investigation from the start, with principals at the two schools learning about it Tuesday, Kroemer said.

?On one hand it is a little bit (of) startling information. On the other hand it is keeping with our zero-tolerance policy,? she said. ?One thing we can say is we think the arrests send a very clear message: We don't tolerate drug use, possession or selling on campus.?

So nobody at the schools knew... how do they find these people who will be high school narcs for a living? They must be pretty young.. fucking turncoats.

::bangin::

Offline Karass

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 11:11:33 PM »
I appreciate the desire to keep schools "safe," but it's unbelievable (no, it's criminal) that students have absolutely no Constitutional rights while on campus in a public high school. The on-campus cop -- not just the school authorities -- can search a kid's car, backpack or personal possessions at any time with no probable cause.

Did it ever occur to any of the Zero Tolerance fanatics that this authoritarian privilege can be abused?

How fucking ironic that students learn about the Constitution and our guaranteed liberties in government class, but none of that applies to them while they're physically at school. And thanks to the Patriot Act, those liberties don't necessarily apply outside of school either.
Like its politicians and its wars, society has the teenagers it deserves. -- J.B. Priestley

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 11:12:04 PM »
Quote from: ""Anne Bonney""

Wow.  They certainly did have a mini Pablo running around campus there, huh?:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

:flame:  :x  :flame:  :flame:  ::armed::  ::armed::  ::puke::

WTF is wrong with people?

i sincerely hope the parents of these kids raise the issue of entrapment and sue the local coppers!
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Fr. Cassian

• View Profile
    • http://goat.cx
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 11:12:20 PM »
Quote from: ""Tri Combs""
So nobody at the schools knew... how do they find these people who will be high school narcs for a living? They must be pretty young.. fucking turncoats.
 ::bangin::

It's called Tough Love and tough SHIT.  :flame:
I am a priest of GOD!

Offline Karass

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 11:28:33 PM »
Quote from: ""Oz girl""
i sincerely hope the parents of these kids raise the issue of entrapment and sue the local coppers!

That only works in a free country.
Like its politicians and its wars, society has the teenagers it deserves. -- J.B. Priestley

Offline 69

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 11:37:11 PM »
the irony is there has been a crime spree now in sd and a lot of people attribute that to the fact the police are leaving in droves because they are the lowest paid cops in the nation because they city cant budget shit.. its a big political issue at the moment.. especially since there has been random murders and invasion rapes of college students this last year.. and here they are wasting cops to pretend to be students in high school to bust them for what most of us consider a party favor bag to any descent party...  anothing things that relaly makes ya wonder.

Offline 69

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 11:39:58 PM »
On one hand I am not keen about drugs in schools.

Then don't send teenagers to school. Notice the lack of crack, meth, lsd, cocain and heroin from that list? the cops were there a whole semester. People who are really using drugs dont use the connects at school. That's the regular kids who buy a dime bag a year to smoke out with their friends. As far as the people selling.. good old american entrepenurialism. . they aint forcing anybody. the drug pusher is another govt myth. how many of those kids are on brain altering psychotropic drugs like anti depressants, anti anxiety, anti adhd drugs. this isnt about zero tolerance. its about taking the drugs which big brother approves. thats what this is about. they want the kids on drugs, just not the ones the kids can get without having to ask some emotional quack for permission. people use what works god bless em.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 11:55:41 PM by Guest »

Offline 69

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 11:45:00 PM »
"What the fuck ever happened to getting a paper route to earn money?"

Labor laws! Unless your parent owns a business or a friends parent you are fucked.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 11:59:19 PM »
Yep. It is ironic. No mention of the large number on legalized drugs, cocaine- Ritalin/Adderall. That's quiet alright cause the dollars are flowing into the pockets they prefer them to be in. My son tells me the #1 substance on campus is alcohol, followed by prescription rx, and third, pot.

Seen the movie PreCog (I think was the name)? Awesome. They are moving in the direction of prevention- intervention- arrests before a crime has been committed.

Examples: In Tx cops have taken to walking through bars and arresting people they 'believe' to be drunk, hauling them to jail on PI. Scientists are hatching a scheme that might provide a smoke and mirrors justification for mandatory drugging of people who are 'predisposed' to violence, etc. They'll probably be successful too, inspite of the fact that they still haven't proven mental illness to be genetic. Imagine a kid who was fathered by a violent man being drugged his entire life. Hell, they now claim to be able to diagnose INFANTS with depression. Give me an f'in break. Programs, of course, fit neatly into this 'intervention/prevention scheme. It's highly profitable.

Anyway, that's a good movie. Cloned psychics lie suspended in a pool of water and dream. If you turn up in their dreams you can be arrested and worse case, incinerated. Another good one, Equilibrium.  The shape of things to come unless people pull their head out.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Fr. Cassian

• View Profile
    • http://goat.cx
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 12:03:54 AM »
One of my favorite movies involves a lady named Deborah being whipped mercilessly while bent over a saw-horse. :rofl:

This film is soon-to-be-released from the studios at SIBS...
I am a priest of GOD!

Offline 69

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 12:26:13 AM »
Examples: In Tx cops have taken to walking through bars and arresting people they 'believe' to be drunk, hauling them to jail on PI.

That's crazy.
I think the movie you are talking about is Minority Report with Tom Cruise, with the precogs and all that. I thought that movie had an excellent point to. It reminds me to the DARE program in fifth grade. Also how if you have a parent who has had problems with alcohol or drugs they just assume you will too. It seems all about precedent, not about actually engaging in conversation and getting to know each person as a unique human being.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 01:37:26 AM »
Quote from: ""Fr. Cassian""
One of my favorite movies involves a lady named Deborah being whipped mercilessly while bent over a saw-horse. :rofl:

This film is soon-to-be-released from the studios at SIBS...

You never called me back when I signed up to be the impact therapy facilitator!  :(

How many uppity asses do I have to tear up to get noticed around here?
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Covergaard

• View Profile
    • http://www.carstenovergaard.dk
My point of view
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 07:26:51 AM »
You may like my point of view, but .......you are going to get it anyway.

No one should do drugs, which contains no informative label. People dies in that way, because there is no testing during the production process.

In fact no one should do even legal drug if they could avoid it. For some unspeakable reason, it is regards at OK to go to the doctor (Even in Denmark) whenever you feel stress or can not meet the demands from life.

The society is overdrugged!!

If people has to do drugs just in order to pass an exam, how in the earth should they be able to keep a job with deadlines? They are fooling themselves!

Once again there is one line of defense again the use of unlegal drugs among adolcents and that is the parents.

Their task is to speak with the child about the dangers of drug and how the nul-tolorance in the society could spoil their future, if the child would be caught. They should talk with their children about how to handle stress and that it is OK sometime to feel being left out of the group. They should talk about handle failure, love, sexual orientation, relatives dying and other harsh facts of life.

It should NOT be a lecture. It should be a conversion! But the parents should raise the subject of using drugs before the dealer. Only by discussing the issue openly and of a free mind is it possible to minimize the problem.

And of course. Users should not be punished. They should be offered treatment. Offered, not demanded because a person can only solve a problem, which the person acknowledge.

That was my point view - like it or not.