Author Topic: First Danish school for children who does not get up early.  (Read 3382 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
First Danish school for children who does not get up early.
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 04:45:47 PM »
Gook, they're already doing online school.
Google Online Highschool
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 05:25:29 PM »
I approve of this so much...

Anyone ever figure out being up later might have been for evolutionary reasons? If all the morning birds sleep who'se gonna watch out at night?

Oh, wait...
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 06:20:28 AM »
Quote from: ""Three Springs Waygookin""
...With that assinine No Child left behind bullshit it is even harder to keep teachers around. Kids aren't even really learning much of anything anymore with the exception of how to pass a Government test. Sounds like public education is going the way of the Japanese and Korean style of regurgitate it as you go learning. I hear china is into that also.

Ain't that the truth!  It's becoming a really unhealthy control-oriented atmosphere!  Whatever happened to rewarding intellectual curiosity as the basis for learning?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2007, 02:48:11 PM »
What the fuckety fuck do ya THINK happened to it??
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 05:35:03 PM »
Quote from: ""Ursus""
Ain't that the truth!  It's becoming a really unhealthy control-oriented atmosphere!  Whatever happened to rewarding intellectual curiosity as the basis for learning?

Government sponsored compulsory schooling.

John Taylor Gatto has a good deal to say about that.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2007, 08:17:12 PM »
More than likely I think in the states there will be a push for more at home internet based learning. The student to teacher ratio is stressed to much at the moment. If they had the ability to retain teachers no doubt this idea might well have been tried out years ago.

I'm all for internet-based learning -- but as a supplement, not as a substitute for live interaction with other students and a teachers in classrooms.

Does anyone wonder why so many Programs use computer-based education? They usually have some stupid euphemism for it like "self-paced curriculum." My guess is it's a helluva lot cheaper than hiring enough teachers to cover the breadth of a real high school education from 9th-12th grade in all the usual subjects.

Just another indication that no matter what kind of "school" name the Program calls itself, it isn't much like a real school, even during the time periods where the kids are supposedly "in school" (instead of in group or whatever). Is there any survivor out there who doesn't feel like they got shafted on their education during their time in Program?

Offline nimdA

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2007, 09:25:00 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
More than likely I think in the states there will be a push for more at home internet based learning. The student to teacher ratio is stressed to much at the moment. If they had the ability to retain teachers no doubt this idea might well have been tried out years ago.

I'm all for internet-based learning -- but as a supplement, not as a substitute for live interaction with other students and a teachers in classrooms.

Does anyone wonder why so many Programs use computer-based education? They usually have some stupid euphemism for it like "self-paced curriculum." My guess is it's a helluva lot cheaper than hiring enough teachers to cover the breadth of a real high school education from 9th-12th grade in all the usual subjects.

Just another indication that no matter what kind of "school" name the Program calls itself, it isn't much like a real school, even during the time periods where the kids are supposedly "in school" (instead of in group or whatever). Is there any survivor out there who doesn't feel like they got shafted on their education during their time in Program?

Agreed.
am the metal pig.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 09:39:14 PM »
I think it has more to do with drawing the homeschoolers back into the tracking and reporting systems and keeping them bored and busy. I'm not a big fan of online schooling. I think real life is far better. When my kids were homeschooled, their 'online learning' came from muds, FARK, chat, ripping music and finding lyrics etc. to get up to speed on technique and method; they learned the basic skills in order to be able to do and play and be che cool knowing all the lyrics to all their favorite songs and such. So whenever they wanted or needed to know something else it was just the most natural thing for them to look it up on the net.

While I really, really dislike the particular social skills and customs the schools teach, it was very difficult to find anybody near their own ages to hang out with who was not either locked up in school or had any clue what to do with themselves w/o  a teacher, a bell or a clique leader to tell them what to do when they weren't.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 09:49:29 PM »
You know kids here who live in the middle of nowhere and rthus cant attend a real school do this think called school of the air where they take instruction for a few hours a day over the radio and interact with other kids in a "virtual" classrooom. It has been around for a really long time now. This sounds not dissimilar to internet based learning.
http://www.schools.nt.edu.au/ksa/
http://www.emerge.net.au/~kalsota/information.htm
http://www.schoolair-p.schools.nsw.edu.au/
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2007, 09:58:33 PM »
If anything I think it is better to move in the other direction (unschooling).  I have met some remarkable kids who never learned the alphabet until the age 5 and didn?t start any formal education until later than that.  These kids were busy with life and exploring, visiting museums, grabbing some social skills here and there during swim lessons and soccer practice, music lessons and they are more secure and settled than your average home schooled kid with a structured ?Calvert School? curriculum.
What I struggle with most is how to introduce the internet and what they should be exposed to?many parents with the homeshool mentality (myself included) want to severely limit the internet as they would television?..should it be treated as television and strictly limited (of course it should be monitored) but I don?t think many parents know how to direct their child or introduce them to on-line activity or know how much is too much?. It is a skill they will need in their future but there is not much advice out there for parents that I know of.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2007, 11:26:07 PM »
Have you ever heard of a internet game called Second Life?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 11:31:55 PM »
The Who needs the Game: Get a LIfe

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2007, 09:07:28 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Have you ever heard of a internet game called Second Life?

No I havent, Is it like the "Sim city" game?  My daughter use to play with that sometimes.