Author Topic: CURRENT HLA PARENTS PLEASE READ  (Read 16414 times)

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
CURRENT HLA PARENTS PLEASE READ
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2006, 09:24:22 PM »
Or maybe he just ran out of vodka.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2006, 11:47:00 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
He has been really quiet today. Perhaps the batteries in his bark collar were replaced?

:rofl:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: lets make a deal...not
« Reply #107 on: December 20, 2006, 06:33:25 AM »
Quote from: ""you know""
just looked at the staff section of the HLA site...gee, i counted 16 that need to come off...and there are AT LEAST 3 others that will be coming off...
looks like that is gonna be a mighty short list...
notice that they removed the housekeepers but still have the night watch on it...can we say "MAN-IP-U-LAT-ION"
len, "okay kathleen, take off some, but leave on enough that it will LOOK like we have some campus safety"
kathleen "no problem len, whatever you wish, sire..." {turns around and stabs him in the back}
hmpf...gonna be an interesting holiday...and remember kids...don't cash those checks until you absolutely need to...and while you are struggling on your 10% deduction and lack of pay check funds...i (len) will be having my annual christmas party in my extreemly goach (sp? but you get the point) buckhead condo...!
another glass of wine please...
oh and as for lee...i am sure that he got the whoa on the fornits speak...i am sure he got chided for his inadequacy in being able to hold everyone off...
and yes, my spelling is not great, but my values are!

"Let them eat cake."

Real nice, Len.  Yeah, your priorities are correct,,, :roll:
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 21, 2006, 12:06:57 AM »
Just more sand in the wound...

Offline Tamara Keith

• View Profile
Pay checks still bouncing!
« Reply #109 on: December 22, 2006, 07:17:24 AM »
Paychecks stilll bouncing!!!!

Offline odie

• View Profile
Paychecks Bouncing
« Reply #110 on: December 22, 2006, 07:54:51 AM »
What a wonderful way to tell your employees to have a wonderful Christmas with your families. That's gonna go over real well for morale. Maybe they can keep this place open with interrns and volunteers otherwise I can see this place closing up in lets say 90 days? Now the question has got to be, where did all that money go?
die

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: Pay checks still bouncing!
« Reply #111 on: December 22, 2006, 10:44:20 AM »
Quote from: ""Tamara Keith""
Paychecks stilll bouncing!!!!

Drafting payroll checks with the knowledge that there are insufficient funds available is, I believe, actually a federal offense.

I'd recommend that if your paycheck bounced from HLA to report it to the GA dept of Labor straight away so they can give you guidance on how to report it to the feds or how to recoup the funds.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Re: Paychecks Bouncing
« Reply #112 on: December 22, 2006, 11:01:17 AM »
Quote from: ""odie""
What a wonderful way to tell your employees to have a wonderful Christmas with your families. That's gonna go over real well for morale. Maybe they can keep this place open with interrns and volunteers otherwise I can see this place closing up in lets say 90 days? Now the question has got to be, where did all that money go?

It went to the Chapel Fund idiot! The kids need it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 22, 2006, 11:10:23 PM »
DJ's not kidding. Bouncing paychecks is seriously illegal. GA Department of Labor indeed. US Department of Labor, Wage & Hour division as well.

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 23, 2006, 12:16:29 AM »
It just figures...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 23, 2006, 02:04:19 PM »
as a response to everything "lee" is saying..why dont we call and ask the nurse, len, etc. these questions ourselves?  come on, are you serious?  as a GRADUATED student of HLA we all know that calling anyone at hla only gets u a bigger pack of lies.  everything is sugar coated...and that is something i and my family have experienced first hand.  fact...not assumption.  stop arguing like three year olds back and forth and "lee" why don't you actually own up to the fact that that school has sooo many problems.  i graduatated because i needed credits to go to college and my parents could not afford to lose the last months payment not because i supported the school....because we did not have a choice.  and if this is actually lee talking don't even pretend u understand what us "kids" were going through...u were too busy yelling at us to ever take the time to listen to what we were actually going through.  the staff needs to change just as much as the kids...look in the mirror lee and stop swearing on a fornits page acting like you're a child.  you are acting exactly as i remembered you at hla...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 27, 2006, 07:34:54 PM »
Rumor has it that PG90 has formed after 3 months with 4 kids.
Will they make it to 100?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2007, 05:03:25 AM »
I posted this as my topic "to any parents of HLA students...." earlier this afternoon and no ones replying. This topic looks based on the same basic premise, (although all the personal attacks seem to be a very long digression from it), so I'm reposting it below just in case any parents of these kids make it this far. And isn't the point here to do just that? Enlighten anyone looking into HLA as to the true nature of the beast? Can't these personal back-and-forths take place over instant messages or email? Because seriously, no one is going to take the opinion of ANYONE posting on this site with any less than a handful of salt unless mature dialouge is the rule and not the exception. All of you who are squabbling have already taken your stances and made sure that your strong opinions are known by all. But if this isn't just an open forum for personal grudgematches, than may I humbly suggest (this is your site, I'm just an outspoken visitor) that you keep it objective and unnoffensive to the middle aged moms whose opinion you may have a chance of changing.
I'm a deceptively young looking chick with a mouth like... oh lets go with George Carlin, but when I'm tring to be persuasive I know that a little courtreous cencorship goes a long way.
Anyway, heres my post reposted. I hope someone gets SOMETHING from it.:

This issue is obviously more than a two-sided coin.
I have no personal vested interest other than empathy and concern, and as about as objective as a former student can be.

Did I gain anything from my year at HLA?

Absolutley. What didn't kill me made me stronger.
However I survived by flying under the radar.
I watched my friends' spirits broken all too frequently, in one case my friend was a victim of rape and incest from a young age. She was forced to re-live these experiences in front of our peer group at a time when we were all strangers to her, and I will never forget the way that our counselors jeered her, asking "how dirty she felt" and "wasn't she a whore" "didn't she bring it on herself?".
I understand that they didn't mean their remarks and said them in an attempt to break her down so they could "rebuild her", but I was 14 at the time. I was traumatized by having to witness her being broken and I can NOT imagine how she must have felt. But a part of her died,and not the "opposistionally defiant" part. She then began acting out sexually with fellow sudents. I feel like I watched the last surviving innocence she had be smothered before me and it truly haunts me to this day.

Success at HLA is dependent on sooo many variables. The reason for being there and its valididty ( I ran away from a dangerous homelife... for three days.) and the personal relationship the student has with his or her counselors are only 2 such factors.

My parents sent me there, as so many other parents have alleged, "to save my life." I was a well behaved student, but I wasn't pulled for a year of good ( relatively) behavior. My parents pulled me because they accidently were alerted to the fact that they were being manipulated and conned after one very high-up staff member referred to HLA as a source of punishment for kids, not therapy or rehabilitation. I'm sure they would be more than willing to talk to any parents. I'm not sure whether they would recommend HLA or not. You'll most likely hear that it was wrong for me, but maybe helpful for some.

I left HLA about 7 years ago, and it is STILL a huge source of tension and anger in my home, but for reasons that you might not be able to forsee.
My education has suffered.
I was scouted by Harvard after starting university at 16, but my parents spent my entire college savings on HLA, and even with help, Ivy Leauge isn't exactly cheap.
My father resents me for being what I feel he sees me as... a bad investment.
I resent him for wasting my college fund to finance the most traumatic year of my life.
He resents me because I developed post-traumatic stress disorders, panic disorder with agorophopia, generalized anxiety disorder, and recurrent major depressive episodes and my treatment just costs him more money.
And, for the record, all of the above disorders have been diagnosed by multiple psychiatrists, and ALL of them attribute them to my experiences with HLA. I never had a panic attack before HLA, and if you've ever had one then you KNOW they're no joke.

I guess my point here is that sending or keeping your child at HLA or any other facility is a decision that may have positive and probably equally negative consequences for your family.
DO NOT TRUST EDUCATIONAL CONSULTANTS, PLEASE.
Talk to as many child psychologists as you can. They won't recommend a program unless your child really needs one.
As bad as it might seem, "oppostitional defiance disorder" doesn't exist. It is in no DSM ever published and its definition is a vague general description of typical teenage rebellion.
Don't punish your kids for their hormones.

Once you've sent your child "away" do not rely on the program's staff for updates on his or her progress. You have to do a lot of detective work and constantly re-evaluate the nessecity of keeping your child in a program, no matter how structured it sounds, no matter how important graduation from the program is touted as being.

If you're not prepared to weigh your child's descriptions of HLA at least equally as you would trust the description given to you by the staff, then you aren't responsible enough to ensure your child's safety while in HLA's care.

And finally, please learn from my family's mistakes. If you want to ensure a successful future for your teen you can't spend your savings for their college education. Consult 20 random psychologists and psychiatrists before sending your child to HLA, and perhaps most importantly, allow your child to see at least one non-program associated psychologist on EVERY visit, no matter what, and take their opinion on HLA with the upmost seriousness.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2007, 09:48:15 AM »
The previous post has a lot of good advice in it.

If parents actually did this, HLA would already have been shuttered.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Lacey

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2007, 01:53:15 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Rumor has it that PG90 has formed after 3 months with 4 kids.
Will they make it to 100?

Not a rumor. Confirmed by HLA staff last week. I believe it was 5 kids though. Still, with the previous norm being 14-18, this is a BIG change, and also indicitive of the schools ongoing problems.