Author Topic: Just my opinion...  (Read 12456 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2006, 02:33:03 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Then what do you propose you do with the kids who beat the hell out of someone with a metal lock in a sock just for kicks.  Remember, he has been through a ton of therapy already from many different counselors.  What do you do to change the kid who does this and shows no remorse?

You sure as hell don't put him in a program that isn't trained to handle someone with that type of behavior.

http://www.ridgecreek.org/programoverview.htm

Who is this program for?

Ridge Creek students represent a broad spectrum of adolescent struggles, ranging from those simply needing to re-focus to those experiencing significant behavioral difficulties. The majority of our students exhibit behaviors that fit the profile of Oppositional Defiant Disorder, though they do not have to be diagnosed as such. Ridge Creek students may struggle with issues of authority and adolescent adjustment. They may exhibit a pattern of negative of negative, hostile, and oppositional defiant behavior. These students lose their temper, argue, actively defy or refuse to comply with adults? rules or requests. They will deliberately ignore people, blame others for their mistakes or misbehavior, are touchy and easily annoyed by others. They also may appear angry, resentful, spiteful, or vindictive. These behaviors significantly impair social, academic or occupational functioning.

Ridge Creek does not accept adjudicated students, or those who are diagnosed with Conduct Disorders or Antisocial Personality Disorders. It is not a ?boot-camp? type program, nor is Ridge Creek designed to substitute for long-term therapeutic interventions.

That's from the horse's mouth so to say.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Tamara and Mark
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2006, 02:34:00 PM »
It is very sad that people, can have such nasty things to say about, two very wonderful people, I have known Tamara for most of my life and as for Mark ever since they have been married, I have seen him come home upset about a child that needs help and I have heard Tamara cry over some of these lost children.  The parents that are posting, get on your knees and thank god your child is still alive and with you.  Tamara lost her child and  therefore has a deep concern  for any child. they are genuine!! caring people!!

I am not saying HLA or RC,  should not account for a lot of stuff, but put the blame where it needs to be.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2006, 02:41:55 PM »
(This reply is to the guest at the end of page 2)

What do I do? I hire him. I have uses for kids like that.

You're from HLA so you don't have any business saying that he already had therapy. What he needs is real therapy, not HLA therapy. A way to work off his violent urges without actually killing anyone, and possibly a mentor who's been in his position and can absorb his hatred without reflecting it. Alternatively we can tie you to a stake and let him beat the hell out of you. I think that'd make him (and the rest of us) feel a lot better.

That and a good, solid MRI scan and possibly some antipsychotics.

But really, what's the point in using real psychiatric techniques when you can just dismiss him as incurable when your bullshit has the opposite effect?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2006, 02:56:32 PM »
I didn't mean therapy at HLA.  I meant a lot of therapy BEFORE HLA that did no good.  I started this out saying that he should not have been there in the first place.  This kid was too far gone for HLA.  If you want to hire people like that, be my guest.  The "just give them a fair chance and things will work out" approach will not work on kids like this.  If want to do then go ahead, but I hope you have insurance.  You will need it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2006, 03:15:24 PM »
You misunderstand the nature of what I'd like to hire him for, but that's okay. (Think: What would someone with my name presumably want a kid like that to DO? Additional hint: You don't know irony or sarcasm when you see them.)

Again, you're not qualified to say that he had suitable therapy. The "we tried everything" line is heard all over this board, and it's almost always crap. You wouldn't even know what therapy is. You're too busy shoving a screaming nutjob like Mark Keith.. hold up a sec. Let me make my position clear, as it directly derives from the statements of the known non-shills on this board.

Mark Keith is a screaming nutjob.

Shoving someone like that into a violent kid's face is just going to make things worse, and you can't acknowledge that simple fact.

Odds are, there's something organically wrong with him (Mark Keith or the kid? Both!) that no one ever bothered to diagnose. Has anyone taken a serious look at his brain? Looked for deep-seated triggers in his psyche? Do you even know what makes him angry or why he doesn't care about other people? Of course not. Odds are no one at HLA does. You passed him to.. a real psychiatric facility? Probably not. I'm guessing you passed him to somewhere else that isn't going to care, either.

But you'll continue to spew bullshit on this board about how telling kids that they're worthless is going to make them somehow more amenable to HLA "therapy".

Don't bother.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Re: Tamara and Mark
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2006, 03:33:43 PM »
Quote from: ""Candie""
It is very sad that people, can have such nasty things to say about, two very wonderful people, I have known Tamara for most of my life and as for Mark ever since they have been married, I have seen him come home upset about a child that needs help and I have heard Tamara cry over some of these lost children.  The parents that are posting, get on your knees and thank god your child is still alive and with you.  Tamara lost her child and  therefore has a deep concern  for any child. they are genuine!! caring people!!

I am not saying HLA or RC,  should not account for a lot of stuff, but put the blame where it needs to be.

Give it a rest.  Nobody cares if the Keith's are good people or not.  It just doesn't matter.

What does matter, however, is that Mr. Keith is unqualified to hold his position and has demonstrated this fact by being repeatedly cited by ORS for violations that any first year psych student would have gotten right.

Let's face the facts, shall we?  Mark Keith is incompetent, and RCF is legally liable for his failure to meet basic care standards.  He has no business being in the business - he simply doesn't meet muster.

Get him out of there and get someone in who at least meets the minimum standards set by law.  Mark is woefully inadequate for the job.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Give it a rest yourself
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2006, 04:02:24 PM »
Is this all you have to do, is sit around and talk about people you know nothing about?

You need to get your facts straight before you start talking such nonsense

Get back to your original battle, whatever that may be!!

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
Re: Give it a rest yourself
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2006, 04:17:25 PM »
Is this all you have to do, is sit around and talk about people you know nothing about?

I want you to get your facts straight before you start talking such nonsense

Hey, I have my facts straight. I think everyone knows that Mark Keith is and abusive man and shouldn't be allowed around kids. I have had first hand experience with this man, and he is evil. I am talking about someone I know stuff about...

Your points aren't so valid anymore, are they?

-FLCLcowdude

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
no subject
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2006, 04:53:47 PM »
Well you must have been a very hateful, disrespectful child.

How funny that you say he shouldn't be let around kids when he has raised his own very well.

You must of just had a life you felt like throwing away.  And thats how you ended up at RC in the first place. With the EVIL MAN!!

Maybe one day you will find peace in your life!!  It is sad to let anger take so much of your energy.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: no subject
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2006, 05:07:54 PM »

How funny that you say he shouldn't be let around kids when he has raised his own very well.

You must of just had a life you felt like throwing away.  And thats how you ended up at RC in the first place. With the EVIL MAN!!

Maybe one day you will find peace in your life!!  It is sad to let anger take so much of your energy.

Wow - aren't you a prize?

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2006, 06:12:19 PM »
"YAWN"

I want you to get your facts straight before you start talking such nonsense

First there was this.......

You must of just had a life you felt like throwing away. And thats how you ended up at RC in the first place. With the EVIL MAN!!

Maybe one day you will find peace in your life!! It is sad to let anger take so much of your energy.

Followed up by this....

Lady do you not see your own blatent hypocricy? You admonish him for talking about someone he knows nothing about (when apparently he knows him all to well) and then you turn immediatly around and attack someone YOU know nothing about. Once again typical staff behavior. You also make the point that he needs to get back to his original battle. LADY THIS IS THE ORIGINAL BATTLE Pointing out dangerous situations at these places, and the dangerous people who work there.

Why dont you prove your point another way. Tell us, what exactly is the purpose of Ridge Creek and how is Mark qualified to run it? Also why are there so many violations filed against him if he's doing such a bang up job?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Just my opinion...
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2006, 06:22:45 PM »
Not a coward?.
Tamara Keith ? ex-school communicator and wife of Mark Keith.[/quote]

If you are stupid enough to believe that this was really Mrs. Keith, you should be on this site. This would be the kiss of death and termination for Mark.  She is not that big of an idiot.

The trolls start again.

HMMMMMMM who could this be

Think hard and you can watch it grow
The real poster is

Corky Prow.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2006, 06:46:46 PM »
Now why would the business cordinator feel the need to pretend to be Mrs. Keith and defend Mark when prior to that point he hadnt been a focus of attention?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just my opinion...
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2006, 07:38:03 PM »
Of course is was Tamara you poor un-educated soul.

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
Re: Just my opinion...
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2006, 07:48:58 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Not a coward?.
Tamara Keith ? ex-school communicator and wife of Mark Keith.

If you are stupid enough to believe that this was really Mrs. Keith, you should be on this site. This would be the kiss of death and termination for Mark.  She is not that big of an idiot.

The trolls start again.

HMMMMMMM who could this be

Think hard and you can watch it grow
The real poster is

Corky Prow.

I don't think that she would do that. She has too much class, well at least that I know of...