Author Topic: How do you feel about www.thestraights.com?  (Read 8884 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
How do you feel about www.thestraights.com?
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2006, 09:19:33 PM »
How long was Wes's son in Straight? Was Straight the cause of his son's suicide?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2006, 09:38:31 PM »
I will not speak for Wes, other than to say his son suffers from mental conditions that were manifested at the hands of straight.   If you want personal information from Wes, you need to speak to him.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2006, 09:40:37 PM »
test.

you need to

OKay, just so anyone who wants to know, i actually typed youneedto  (with spaces of course) and it came out as I want you to.  This is obviously some added code, either by Ginger or some other sourse,  but those were my words

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2006, 09:58:20 PM »
yes, Ginger's joke.   Y0u need to  You need to

There's no need to answer the questions about his son its' got nothing to do with the topic of the thread, which is how poeple feel about his site.

So, the site has volumes of information that really is crucial to us but would be useful and much more informative if it was reworked and better organized.  Is that the consensus?

Offline Gah

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2006, 10:28:22 PM »
How many of our parents have said they are sorry? How many of them have done anything to right the wrong?  I wish my parents would have half the balls he has. But I do have to agree that it is hard for me to understand his website. It does need to be organized somehow.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 03:59:12 AM »
There are only about 2 people who are bothered by or ragging on the site.  The rest of us, while we appreciate Wes and all his hard work, are just making suggestions as to how it's layed out.  Truth is I won't send anyone there anymore just because it's too difficult to navigate and find the info you're looking for.  That's really my only complaint.[/quote]

Exactly

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2006, 04:04:18 AM »
Quote from: GregFL
How do I feel about thestraights.com.?

I respect Wes Fager immensely.  He is a program parent that was brave enough to admit early he screwed up, and he took Straight to court to prove them wrong and to right the wrongs they did to his son.  He lost his case, but didn't give up.  

Wes, and a handfull of others...Ginger, Kathy, Kim, Scott  and a few others were there when I went searching online.  Wes was there, with me, at the first ever Straight, inc. spinoff protest.  Wes was there in support of the Safe lawsuit for abuse.  Wes was there at the conferences, at the protests...and yes, Wes helped put up the billboard with nothing but good intentions.

I haven't spoken to my good friend Wes Fager in several years.  No matter, he will ALWAYS be my friend.  His website is a reflection of him.  To criticise that would be very arrogant and self-serving of me.  That website has led national level writers and newsprograms to do stories on Straight and straight spinoffs.  Wes has the respect of national level experts on cults and cultic drug rehabs and is considered a valid source for information on straight and other seed based drug programs.

In addition, Wes is just a great guy.  He is funny, articulate, smart, caring, concerned and the dude likes to party.  Wes is the kind of guy that when he gives you his word, you take it to the bank.  We is also the kind of guy that you want to invite to your shindig..because he is just that cool.

In conclusion, I respect Wes Fager and his website.  The author of this thread would do well to understand that he perhaps will never receive the status, accolades, respect and admiration that Wes has earned and deserved.  So maybe these efforts are borne of Jealousy.  Maybe ignorance.  I don't know, and to be frank, it is of little concern to me.

Can the website,and maybe Wes would be more believable.

You see the splinter in my post,but you dont see the LOG in the Wes Fager website?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2006, 04:05:26 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
How long was Wes's son in Straight? Was Straight the cause of his son's suicide?

Having Wes as his father drove him to suicide.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2006, 10:09:33 AM »

Having Wes as his father drove him to suicide.

:rofl:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2006, 11:32:22 AM »
Anyone who doesn't like Wes Fager's site could certainly put up one of their own with the goal of acheiving what you think needs to be said, in the manner you want it said.  In fact, many have.  Kathy Martin's excellent website comes to mind.   There are many more.

So, what is the point in ragging on TheStraights.com?  Okay, you don't like it.  Fine.  Okay, you think it is not organized.  Fine.  Okay, you think the music detracts from the content.  Fine.  Okay, you think Wes could have organized it in a different, more user friendly fashion.  Fine.  I suggest you email Wes with these criticisms.  

But...What is the fucking point of ragging on it?  More to the point, what is the reason for all the personal attacks against Wes personally, by people who don't even know him?  Why all the personally mean spirited comments about his son?  Who the hell behaves like this, picking on people's most private personal problems? This demonstrates the lack of character of the complainer, not Wes.   The internet brings out the true character of some people, and it is not a pretty site.

I don't *like* certain things about Don Smith's website.  So what?  What does my opinion of his website mean?  I am here, on this website, doing what I think is necessary, not crying and moaning about someone else's efforts, wasting my valuable time acting like a little impotent bitch that can only chip away at other people in a juvenile mean-spirited fashion.  Grow the fuck up.  Who the hell publically picks on people who have mentally ill persons in their family?  What kind of low-life chooses to spend his time doing this?

So again, what the fuck is the point of this personal attack?  If I was an independent observer, I think I would be led to the conclusion that the complainer is mean-spirited, sociopathic, out of touch with reality, intentionally trying to disrupt other people's efforts, lacking in cognitive and interpersonal skills, or all of the above.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2006, 11:36:16 AM »
Quote from: ""GregFL""

So again, what the fuck is the point of this personal attack?

Here's your answer....

the complainer is mean-spirited, sociopathic, out of touch with reality, intentionally trying to disrupt other people's efforts, lacking in cognitive and interpersonal skills, or all of the above.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2006, 12:11:04 PM »
Quote from: ""GregFL""

So again, what the fuck is the point of this personal attack?

Here's your answer....

the complainer is mean-spirited, sociopathic, out of touch with reality, intentionally trying to disrupt other people's efforts, lacking in cognitive and interpersonal skills, or all of the above.

Just answer the question.
Why do you care what "motivates" the person to ask the question.
I dont see any attack in the original question.
Do you?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2006, 12:17:57 PM »
No, not in the original post but it was designed to start some shit talk up about Wes.  We all know who posted it.  We all know why. :roll:

Offline 001010

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2006, 12:31:24 PM »
There is nothing wrong with constructive criticism, especially when it is coming from people whom we (as survivors) want others to understand and believe. I am not in any way defending some of the unavailing comments made in this thread but more stressing the overall consensus that some things could change to make the site more conceivable for outsiders who have never heard of behavior modification or Straight, Inc.

I think those who jump to the suggestion of, ?Then do it yourself you ingrates!? are not considering the impact that certain presentation has on people of the typical populous but instead having a knee-jerk reaction to defend what a good person Wes is. That?s honorable but a little unreasonable.

Our greatest downfall is our credibility when it comes to presenting our story on a mass scale. I am sure Wes (who has done an amazing job information gathering and writing) can handle hearing constructive suggestions from an outside point of view. After all, they?re our target audience, right?

I used to use Wes?s site as a point of reference and information when I first started doing advocacy volunteering but have since stopped because of the responses I got from the public., Therefor my opinion is based on my experience with sharing his site with other people, not hypocritical finger pointing and accusation. I?m saddened that it has been perceived otherwise.
[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2006, 12:32:46 PM »
Agreed, but that wasn't the intent when the original poster started this thread.  He's got a personal axe to grind with Wes (however delusional it is) and he just can't stand that others dont' agree with him so he'll pick up on the ONE complaint that others might have about Wes in an effort to garner support.