Author Topic: Understanding the Con-Game  (Read 3798 times)

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
Understanding the Con-Game
« on: June 11, 2006, 06:44:00 PM »
New report released on FICA Understanding the Con-Game as it relates to the Troubled-Teen Industry at http://www.kathymoya.com/FICA/index.htm ... he_con.htm
Also Understanding the Psychology of the program at http://www.kathymoya.com/FICA/index.htm ... ashing.htm
Video clips from the British showing of "Brat Camp" http://www.kathymoya.com/FICA/index.html/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 09:56:00 AM »
Kathy, have you changed your position about charging parents for your investigative reports about the programs your view as abusive? there was much discussion on this topic here awhile back.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 11:44:00 AM »
Yeah and most of us understand that she does this work and research and runs the website on her own.  Asking to recoup some of the administrative fees is in no way over the line or profiting from anything.

Fucking grow up and get a life.  We all get that you think that anyone who doesn't act or behave the way that YOU think they should is automatically pegged by you as a Semblerite, child abuser etc.  We don't agree, but we get that's what you think.  Can ya move on now?

Kathy, as always the site looks better and better and understanding how the con works is an extremely important part of getting people to understand.  Keep up the good work. :tup:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 01:30:00 PM »
Point being, will parents think the programs that are NOT on Kathy's "bad list" are then ok?
This just seems how it could work.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 01:34:00 PM »
A good question. :tup:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 04:22:00 PM »
Telling someone to "fucking grow up and get a life" does not change the fact that Kathy said she would charge parents for "investigative information." And NO ONE accused Kathy Moya of being a child abuser.
A simple question was asked, and no accusation of child abuse was made AGAINST ANYBODY.
Sounds like someone else, YOU, might need to let Kathy answer for herself.
I don't even know what a "SEMBLERITE" is.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 04:25:00 PM »
Sounds like someone else, YOU, might need to let Kathy answer for herself.

Sounds like a plan- it was a reasonable enough question.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 06:55:00 AM »
There is one way to find out. Go visit the site and read it. (duh  :silly: )

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 08:32:00 AM »
What? As if Kathy won't check this thread again? A-HOLE.  :roll:

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 09:23:00 AM »
oh my god, oh wow, just a mine of new information...

Oh i'm sorry did I overdo the sarcasm there?

If you believe that people cannot be trusted to govern themselves,
then can they be trusted to govern others?

--Thomas Jefferson

see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline Rude Intrusion

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 11:13:00 AM »
Its good information on a subject people need to understand. Its a good idea to explain the nature of the confidence scam and how it relates to what goes on in troubled teen marketing. I haven't seen it explained anywhere else like this. Brain washing is talked about a lot, but the relationship to the con-game and teen help marketing has gone unexplained. Parents are being scammed, is about as detailed an explanation as you generally find. I'm glad Kathy put this together and glad she is putting the info out and about, where it can be found by families looking into the industry. Why can't people be glad when someone puts forth the effort to educate instead of pecking them to pieces? Seems as mindless as a flock of chickens pecking each other to death.
ashed Brains Shrink

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 11:25:00 AM »
Yeah that's true. I'm sorry.

If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.
http://lfb.com/?stocknumber=FF7485&code=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson

see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2006, 01:58:00 PM »
So lemme get this straight, in the UK, on TV, they allowed videos of their kids sent to the USA (and they bitch about gitmo pretty non stop... I mean considering MI6 sprung an innocent guy out and he recently got on CNN, described how it runs, and it sounds basically like tranquility bay but slightly nuanced differently...) and put through fear/pain compliance bullshit and humiliating takedowns.

"Ill make it hurt". :roll:

I give the fuck up. I honestly give up.

You win! its over. Im gone.

See, the problem here is the "herd of cats" principle. People are stupid, stubborn, block out things they dont want to hear (including the truth backed up with tons of evidence, common sense, and morality) and want to be 'right' more than actually be correct. There are TONS of stupid/milquetoast/apathetic/easily swayed(or scared or intimidated or influenced)/brainwashed parents out there who just dont know how to parent, or dont bother to, or really dont care, making all these fucked up kids, and some are so stupid they feed directly into these stupid programs.

Ill call them 'turkeys' from now on, go search for 'struggling turkeys' if you care to find out why but dont know already. If you dont know but can't search, fuck you :sad:

Anyway, the 'turkeys' are out there being self absorbed (and immature) and basically crappy parents, and jumping right in with the program bandwagon! Talking here on fornits isn't going to reach them, and I cant see any practical means to do so! They're the problem, and the thing is, theyre too STUPID to be left to make up their own decisions for themselves and thier own kids.

Coming to that reailzation really made me do a re-examination of society. Most people are really just arent equipped to make big decisions for the society at large, and amazingly few can really manage thier own personal lives. I guess its unfair for those of us who can think and actually apply or minds, but then again its probalby expected that those of us with brains will apply them in some career and get influence, money, and thus a higher rung on the ladder, or if we have brains AND the ability to manipulate to either get into politics... or start some shit like WWASPS.

Damn, that really just spun the tables on how I have to look at Ken Kay. He's herding cats! Too bad hes a greedy evil asshole.

Anyway, what does fornits do, if not somehow prevent the turkeys from putting their kids in programs and... well, being morons? We definitely dont make the parents that do come around, come around. They already HAVE either learned how to be critical and smelled the bullshit, or are naturally inclined to check before jumping. Some get the urge to find out the facts after putting thier kid in too, but we can forgive late more than never, right?

Well, we dont make them come around, but we DO provide facts to them. In that role we're doing some good - but we're hardly making anyome come around that didnt have a forebrain anyway.

And then, well, theres all the 'kitties 'here in the herd o' fornits, and the CACA bullshit w/ sue scheff, the ISAC drama... we're getting nothing done at all bickering and fighting eachother, pulling in 15 directions (none of them 'forward') and I came to a personal revelation a while ago... a lot of the posting I do here is for my own Shits n' Giggles. Even if it is the truth, and someone likes it, and it exposes the truth, thats a pretty shitty reason to do anything.

And, considering that the real good fornits does is expose the facts (and by side effect of the turkeys posting here, be they parents, programmies, staff, or whatever, expsosing the people on the side of the programs by their behavior and thinking) and Im hardly a source for anything, the only possible good I've done except encourage a few of the parents that turned their brains back on is argue with and debunk the bullshit from the sophists like thewho who might have 'won over' someone who didnt know how to see through his bullshit.

But, as nature abhorrs a vacuum, and I havent posted here in a while, TSW and others have been doing that rather nicely. Theres no need for me here. But if anyone wants to read what I said, the search button works wonderfully.

But, at any rate, Im done spinning my wheels. When the time comes that something could be done productively, Ill show up again - but not just here, if I do come here at all - oh no, It will be in person, on TV, and in your face (and you know who you are) and it will be personal. But staying here with all the sectarian drama from the alphabet soup 'orginizations' and Sue Scheff going out of her way to make a buck and fuck it all up is fruitless, frustrating, and insane. Doing the same thing and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity, right? Or, at least thats a quote someone keeps repeating from an unknown source.

Anyway, its time to pack my bags, and whistle for a cab. And when it came near, the liscense plate said fresh and had dice in the mirror! If anything I could say that this cab was rare, but I thought naw forget it, yo homes, to bel-air!

I pulled up to a house about seven or eight, and I yelled to the cabby yo homes, smell you later! I looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, to sit on my throne, as the prince of bel-air.
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »
Well, thanks for the decent compliment on the 'con report.'
'Teacher says put wild child in the woods' is an article that is on the site to demonstrate that 3 edu-cons recommended Alldredge Academy and told parents "not to sweat the staff credentials" only 3 months prior to Ryan Lewis's death at Alldredge.  It's always goog to look at how an article is used on the site rather than taking it out of context. That way you won't be so worried.  :wink:
Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2006, 03:09:00 PM »
My subjective touchstone on whether to forgive a post program parent who's seen the light is whether they seem more concerned for themselves or more concerned for their kid.

Not that they need my forgiveness.  They don't.  They don't know me from Adam and I don't matter a darn in their lives--which I'm glad of, and they probably are, too.

It's just my personal rule of thumb for whether I consider them okay people or not.

Julie