Author Topic: CAN WWASPS BE REHABILITATED?  (Read 4855 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CAN WWASPS BE REHABILITATED?
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2003, 08:55:00 AM »
Sounds like the State Dept. has some serious explaining to do.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2003, 12:37:00 PM »
treat others as you would like to be treated. Remember that? There is no such thing as a perfect person? Remember that?

these men are not proepared to do what they need to do to be accountable. ::mecry:: they would have to be sorry and acknowledge the damage they've done. that's not likely- read their quotes -they think they're saving the world or are they building the church and puffing up the spirit Morani?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2003, 07:41:00 PM »
Melissa, what does your dad think now? (If this question has already been asked and answered, please let me know where to look for the post).  Second, what did you think about the ISAC report?

:smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2003, 09:53:00 PM »
WWASPS doesn't need rehabilitation.  We do  :wink:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2003, 01:37:00 AM »
On 2003-08-26 18:59:00, Anonymous wrote:

"For Former WWASPS Parents and Students:

There are over 2,000 kids currently enrolled in a WWASPS program presumably with the blessing of their parent/guardian.  For these children, what can and should WWASPS be doing to improve the quality of their care and treatment?  

"

Shut down.

The fact is the fact, the program is evil, and every attempt to make
chicken salad out of chicken shit has resulted in a Chicken shit
sandwich, No pickle on the side could ever change that.

http://fornits.com/anonanon/video/bingo.ram' target='_new'>BINGO!

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2003, 12:06:00 PM »
On 2003-08-28 18:53:00, Anonymous wrote:

"WWASPS doesn't need rehabilitation.  We do  :wink: "

:wink:

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2003, 12:10:00 PM »
Here?s a suggestion for you.

The WWASP debate could go on forever. The primary issues are:
What ?BM? methods and techniques are they actually using? Are those techniques abusive? Were the methods disclosed to parents before they signed up?
What are the actual living conditions? Are the acceptable?
What are the teens fed? Does it meet FDA guidelines? Is food used as punishment or reward?
Are the rights of teens being violated? Under normal conditions in the real world, a child is not denied access to their parents unless it has been shown to be in the child?s best interest. When that occurs the child still has a guardian/advocate. Even in the JJS, teens may place phone calls that are not monitored and allegations of abuse are not punished, but investigated.

Until these, and other questions are answered, the debate will rage on. Ignorant parents want to believe all is well; that abuse is not happening, that their child is being well fed, well cared for, and well educated; that abdicating responsibility is in the their child?s best interest. They, nor the public, will take notice until the truth hits them square between the eyes, and even then there will be those who attempt to justify the need for ?abuse? in order for the teen to ?grow?. No ?therapy? should include abuse.

To the end of exposing the truth, WWASP could allow ISAC or some other genuinely independent watchdog organization to place reps at each facility for an extended period of time, equipped with camcorders, tape recorders and unrestricted access to staff and inmates.

If that rep comes back with video footage and interviews that disproves the hundreds of allegations of abuse, then and only then, might others back off.

Since it is unlikely that WWASP would allow this- there are no band-aids capable of righting the wrongs perpetrated by WWASP and the 200+ other facilities of its ilk.

Without abuse, in all its many forms, they wouldn?t have a program, plain and simple. Objective outsider are not going to be allowed in because the livelihood of thousands and the unbridled wealth of the owners would be in serious jeopardy when the truth was revealed.

All BM warehousing facilities have mastered the art of manipulating ?desperate? parents. Their clever business tactics have been largely successful to date. Some parents are starting to listen. Those who can?t hear are truly desperate. I hear them talk about their kids as if they were inanimate objects, most are incapable of parenting or making choices that are in their child?s best interest. Therefore, the need for watchdogs and advocates. These facilities do not meet the definition of ?school?. BM warehousing facility with a minimal educational component is more accurate.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2003, 12:23:00 PM »
I'm so glad there is someone on this board that actually knows it all.  You are the saviour of humanity and children - Can I call you Ms. GOD? Your knowledge is astounding!!  When are you going to open your own school? You have all the answers to make it that perfect experience. :wink:

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2003, 01:52:00 PM »
Thanks for noticing my wisdom and knowledge. Yes, you may refer to me as Ms. God if you'd like. I appreciate your kind words.
I would love to collaborate with a group of people on the creation of an alternative the only abusive option available to parents. It would be nothing like WWASP.
Back to your ignorant response, would you be opposed to someone going in to observe? And if so, why?
Deborah
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline spots

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2003, 05:33:00 PM »
Just a note:

Deborah has written a good analysis with some suggestions for improvement (and exposure of what cannot improve, given the WWASP treatment modality).  She has signed her post: DEBORAH

The responding post is sarcastic, caustic, and without any merit, in that it attacks but supplies absolutely no intelligence with which to rebuild.  It is signed:  ANONYMOUS

Hhhmmm...who can I believe?  Why isn't this parent proud enough to identify herself?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2003, 05:14:00 PM »
Being one with inside knowledge, I don't know it all!  I do know that I felt safer when my son was enrolled because they did use restraints,  by trained staff, at his school.  He was restrained when he and 4 other boys were fighting.  He stopped, no one was hurt, except maybe his ego.  I was called by his FR and I also talked to him.  Even to this day, he said unless they had pepper spray or something not physical, he would have been hurt or hurt someone.  Though it hurt me to hear what happened, I didn't feel it was excessive under the circumstances.  I do know it never happened again.  As for restraining for little stupid stuff, it didn't happen there.

So my suggestion for "rehabilitation" would be to actually only use restraints when all else fails or it's necessary for immediate control.  I read the restraint thread, and I agree with everyone that this really needs to be looked at deeply, if restraints are being used "at will" at the other schools.

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2006, 11:28:00 AM »
WWASPS cannot be rehabilitated because their root business concept is inherently amoral.
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2006, 11:42:00 PM »
As from what i have read their political influence is significant, their wealth obscene, & their industry not well regulated, the only answer is the market. Parents need to not send their kids there!

It looks to me like they are in the process of shutting down as an entity anyway. They will probably reopen under a new name have AIR & spring creek & whoever else has left reaffiliate & the process will start all over again.
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen