Author Topic: Unqualified Staff Members -  (Read 20481 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Unqualified Staff Members -
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2006, 09:34:00 AM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
Does HLA claim that all of their AC's have at least a college degree?

Taken from HLA's web site:

W H A T M A K E S O U R P R O G R A M U N I Q U E
Our Credentials
All Counseling Staff are full-time and are clinically trained, holding a Master?s Degree or higher.

An AC is part of the Counseling Staff.

http://www.hiddenlakeacademy.com/HLAsUniqueProgram.aspx
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2006, 09:45:30 AM »

Our Credentials
All Counseling Staff are full-time and are clinically trained, holding a Master?s Degree or higher.

But as many people have said on this site, AC's are nothing more than glorified baby sitters.  They are not really counselors.  Actually, within HLA's framework they are part of the recreation department, not the counseling department.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2006, 11:26:18 AM »

Our Credentials

But as many people have said on this site, AC's are nothing more than glorified baby sitters.  They are not really counselors.  Actually, within HLA's framework they are part of the recreation department, not the counseling department.

HLA holds them out as being part of the Clinical Staff.  Don't try to shift the focus from the uneducated, unlicensed, uncredentialed clinical staff.

Whatever their actual function is, HLA tells parents they are part of their kids' counseling teams.  This is fraud - and HLA is rife with it...
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2006, 12:06:00 PM »
In addition to the two Peer Group Counselors, Senior Master?s-level Counseling Staff assist each group and provide individual therapy to students in the final phases of the program.

and who is this refering to?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2006, 01:40:42 PM »
Quote from: ""RobertBruce""
In addition to the two Peer Group Counselors, Senior Master?s-level Counseling Staff assist each group and provide individual therapy to students in the final phases of the program.

and who is this refering to?

Since HLA employs only a single licensed counselor, it must be him.

He's got a lot of work to do with personal supervision of all of HLA's 40 counselors (by law he must personally oversee them), providing therapy for kids weekly (150 sessions per week - VERY BUSY!) and signing off on all the bills.  How DO you do it, sir??
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2006, 02:07:43 PM »
I guess the way they spin it is better than "Your child will be afforded 15 mins a week of individual therapy. Please do not call to talk to our one licensed therapist. He is very very busy."

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 20, 2006, 09:41:05 AM »
the hla website only has 9 peer group counselors listed on its website. Are we cutting things down a bit?

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 20, 2006, 09:51:23 AM »
the hla website only has 9 peer group counselors listed on its website. Are we cutting things down a bit?

yeah, it's down a little from the "42 masters-level counselors" they advertise all over the wwweb.   nothing like having the bare minimum, huh?  i wonder who covers for these 9 counselors on the two days a week they don't work, the sick days, the personal days and the vacation time.  if a counselor is out for a week on vacation, who "therapizes" the 30 kids left completely unsupervised??  makes ya wonder...

funny how now one counselor has 2 PG's and back in the day it was 2 counselors per PG.  HLA gets worse and worse and worse.  it won't be long now until they're completely out of business.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2006, 09:54:50 AM »
Well now in all fairness I'm sure they could always have the night security people fill in as counselors. I have no doubt they would meet with hla's stringent qualifications. Or some of the admin staff. Danny Prevel for instance. I hear he's very good with children.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2006, 10:01:19 AM »
Well now in all fairness I'm sure they could always have the night security people fill in as counselors. I have no doubt they would meet with hla's stringent qualifications. Or some of the admin staff. Danny Prevel for instance. I hear he's very good with children.

Danny the PERV-el?  Yeah he's good with kids alright - in a Mark Foley kinda way. ::blushing::
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline pg79veteran

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2006, 12:02:44 AM »
Ed Clark works as an Earth Element counselor in conjunction with two master's level counselors.  He does not have a group unto himself.  The irony of you making these comments about his qualifications (which on paper are poor), is that he is great working with the kids.  He has very good insight, he is very bright, and is able to balance firmness with gentleness quite effectively.

This is not to say that you do not make some very good points about what HLA claims to have and what they actually have.  In this case, however, it is just ironic because Clark is very good with the kids.

Alright, I am not one to bash people, and I am not going to make an exception now, but I need to clear some things up.  First of all, Ed Clark being "very good with the kids" is subjective.  From my extensive personal experience with Ed, I will say that I think he is a good person with good motives, but I don't know if he is really very good at what he does.  I have seen him give out a ten-page writing assignment to a kid because the kid was out of dress code.  Now, a zap would have been adequate, don't you think?  Ed is a nice guy, and I don't think he is out to exploit or damage people like some of the others at HLA, but I don't know if he is really the right man for the job.  I would advise asking others besides me, because I have my opinion and others have theirs, but consider what I have said here.  I don't think Ed is the only nice but unqualified person there, either (um... Matt Klein anyone?).

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2006, 01:34:52 AM »
It is easy to sit back and attack HLA staff, the program or any other aspect of the organization,however, it is very apparent that the vast majority of those who are writting in are those who have no first hand knowledge of HLA or were struggling at HLA with poor behaviors, attitudes and thinking and simply manipulated family, in order to, avoid being challenged in changing their dysfunctional behaviors. I personally know Ed Clark and he is under consistent supervision as well as mentored regularly by seasoned counselors.  He close to finishing up his degree.  

"First, strive to understand, then work to be understood"

-Stephen Covey

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2006, 02:15:58 AM »
Quote from: ""bereal""
It is easy to sit back and attack HLA staff, the program or any other aspect of the organization,however, it is very apparent that the vast majority of those who are writting in are those who have no first hand knowledge of HLA or were struggling at HLA with poor behaviors, attitudes and thinking and simply manipulated family, in order to, avoid being challenged in changing their dysfunctional behaviors. I personally know Ed Clark and he is under consistent supervision as well as mentored regularly by seasoned counselors.  He close to finishing up his degree.  

-Stephen Covey

Be Real in Atlanta.... Honey, You can be "bereal" or "PG80", but not both. I don't tolerate deception or schizos. Complicates things, as I'm sure you're aware.  :wink:

PG80
Posted: 28 Oct 2006 05:50    Post subject: Lance's Fallout    
I have to say I hated being told by him what I was doing wrong, BUT he Lance was right And the simple fact is that I learned alot  about myself>>>now I know some of you writting in and I think it is time to grow up!! WE put ourselves at HLA and IF you are still bitchin about it...YOU HAVE NOT LEARNED A SINGLE THING.

So, either an ex student or current staff(?). One or the other, doesn't matter to me. But, you can't be both if you want to post here.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2006, 10:27:34 AM »
Quote from: ""Deborah""

-Stephen Covey

Be Real in Atlanta.... Honey, You can be "bereal" or "PG80", but not both. I don't tolerate deception or schizos. Complicates things, as I'm sure you're aware.  :wink:

PG80
Posted: 28 Oct 2006 05:50    Post subject: Lance's Fallout    
I have to say I hated being told by him what I was doing wrong, BUT he Lance was right And the simple fact is that I learned alot  about myself>>>now I know some of you writting in and I think it is time to grow up!! WE put ourselves at HLA and IF you are still bitchin about it...YOU HAVE NOT LEARNED A SINGLE THING.

So, either an ex student or current staff(?). One or the other, doesn't matter to me. But, you can't be both if you want to post here.

Lots of multi-personality disorders going on now!

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2006, 04:01:06 PM »

-Stephen Covey

Okay Lance defend the aspects of the school you feel we have attacked. Explain why non affiliated adults are free to roam the campus at night? Or if that wasnt the case why hla staff feels the need to attack posters and pretend to be an assortment of different people. Is the primary focus of hla therapy or education? If its therapy then why arent they registered as a theraputic boarding school? If its education why do they practice therapy, why is a pscy evaluation required for addmission, why is completion of the program contigent upon therapy and not academics? Are "bad " students still segregated everytime visitors come by? Is food still rationed? Are kids still used as maintaince workers? Are the dorms still filled with fire safety violations? Are kids still forced to rat each other out? Do they still stay on punishment indefinitly, or until they cop to the giult of whatever crime occured. Are they still not allowed to tell their parents that they dont like it there? Let me know about those things Lance. In the meantime rest assured that not only did I not belong at hla to begin with, but I had no dysfunctional behaviors to work on. My counselors refused to acknowledge this because of course it meant less of a bonus for them. Also justify that policy for me as well.