Author Topic: blah  (Read 2753 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
blah
« on: December 16, 2006, 05:56:59 PM »
And for all of the people who want to ask about acts of violence occur, let me name a few.

The was on incident, possibly the most well known, where a student was beat up during a dorm cleanup, four kids went into his room and beat the living shit out of him because he was a snitch, he had to goto a hospital. I am an eyewitness of this event.

There was another incident where this one kid was angry because this other kid allegedly snitched on him, so he came up and busted this kids lip. I was not an eyewitness of this one, but the kid was sent to lockdown because of it.

Same senario, another kid was accused of snitching and this one kid came up to him with a stake and hit him a few times with it. He went up to one staff to report it and the staff told him that it was his fault for getting involved. He told him to suck it up and be a man about it. I was sitting right next to the staff when this happened.

Those are just a few
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
Re: blah
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 09:31:18 PM »
Quote from: ""Guest""
The was on incident, possibly the most well known, where a student was beat up during a dorm cleanup, four kids went into his room and beat the living shit out of him because he was a snitch, he had to goto a hospital. I am an eyewitness of this event.

Batman?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
blah
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 10:12:29 AM »
Yup - that was Batman.

Offline FLCLcowdude

• View Profile
blah
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 02:03:19 AM »
Figured, Cesar beat the shit out of him...

Offline Anon6

• View Profile
blah
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 03:25:09 PM »
It was not just Ceaser, it was severeal others.  In actuallity, 'Batman' was not the one who snitched, it was a misunderstanding.  But I still do not understand how an incident like this reflects back on the school.  The school, for all intents and purposes, is still a bunch of teenagers, and although attempts are made to ensure safety at all times, things do happen.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
blah
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 05:38:09 PM »
Boys will be boys huh? Except HLA claims that dangerous students are not admitted, so there really shouldnt be a problem. Of course they also claim that there are cameras are on in all the dorms. Is that true? They also claim to have night security. What's that situation like? Let me put this is more user friendly terms?

1. Does HLA admit dangerous (i.e. violent) students?

2. Do all the dorms in HLA have security cameras that are fully functional?

3. Does every dorm have night security on staff every night with no lapses?

Offline Anon6

• View Profile
blah
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2006, 12:02:14 PM »
1. Does HLA admit dangerous (i.e. violent) students?
          From my time there as a student, it is clear that HLA tries not to admit dangerous students however, every once in a while, a "dangerous" student is admitted.  But everyone can be dangerous when set off and that doesn't qualify them as a dangerous person.

2. Do all the dorms in HLA have security cameras that are fully functional?
          All dorms have cameras in the hallways and common room and several months ago, newer colored cameras were installed as well.  For the most part, cameras work but they are only a reactive measure; staff can go back and clear up an issue that happened in the dorm but they can't depend on cameras to stop something that is about to happen.

3. Does every dorm have night security on staff every night with no lapses?
          9 times out of 10, night security are in dorms and have no lapses, however, for the most part, night security are old and probably don't want to be there and they do have gaps of no supervision and/or sleeping night security.  Interestingly enough, however, in the middle of the night, students usually do not have trouble on their minds, they'd rather sleep, and that's what they do.  This isn't when conflict arises.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
blah
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 01:38:53 PM »
From my time there as a student, it is clear that HLA tries not to admit dangerous students however, every once in a while, a "dangerous" student is admitted. But everyone can be dangerous when set off and that doesn't qualify them as a dangerous person.

You aren't answering the whole question.

1. Does HLA admit violent students?

All dorms have cameras in the hallways and common room and several months ago, newer colored cameras were installed as well. For the most part, cameras work but they are only a reactive measure; staff can go back and clear up an issue that happened in the dorm but they can't depend on cameras to stop something that is about to happen.

For the most part?

2. How often and for how long are the dorms without cameras?

9 times out of 10, night security are in dorms and have no lapses, however, for the most part, night security are old and probably don't want to be there and they do have gaps of no supervision and/or sleeping night security. Interestingly enough, however, in the middle of the night, students usually do not have trouble on their minds, they'd rather sleep, and that's what they do. This isn't when conflict arises

9 out of 10? This is a joke.

3. Do violent or dangerous incidents ever occur in the middle of the night?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
lets make a deal...NOT
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 04:40:20 PM »
hmmm...sure sounds like a staff...cause i don't recall any students during my time that spoke like that...
could be wrong though...what do YOU think???

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
where are they now?
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 10:21:48 AM »
I believe that all four of the boys and the "lookout" are no longer at HLA.  It would seem that they took care of it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
blah
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 11:56:11 AM »
"Taking Care" of it is fine. However, it would have been even better to prevent it. What has the student to staff ratio been in the evenings? It has to be tough to monitor that many kids with just a few staff supervising. Maybe if more people had been working somebody would have been alerted to the behavior before any violence occured.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
Re: where are they now?
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 12:44:33 PM »
Quote from: ""believe""
I believe that all four of the boys and the "lookout" are no longer at HLA.  It would seem that they took care of it.

1.Why were they admitted to begin with?

2.Shouldn't any supposed psych evaluation have turned up the fact that all of these boys had violent tendencies?

3.Were was the night security while this incident was going on?

4.What changes in policy were made to avoid future occurences of similar situations?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: where are they now?
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 03:01:23 PM »
Quote from: ""RobertBruce""
Quote from: ""believe""

1.Why were they admitted to begin with?

$$$$
(since you cannot serve two masters...buch decided to serve the one with the presidents on them)

2.Shouldn't any supposed psych evaluation have turned up the fact that all of these boys had violent tendencies?

i am sure that they were, but the psych evals were read with a bit of a spin...to make it appear that they were not what they really were...please refer to answer 1...

3.Were was the night security while this incident was going on?

probably in the old admin bldg like normal...night security was not there to secure anything, they were there to make sure no one was outside and to wake the kids up...

4.What changes in policy were made to avoid future occurences of similar situations?

someone got smart enough to file a lawsuit!!!