Author Topic: son in WWASP program  (Read 21415 times)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2006, 05:23:00 AM »
On 2006-04-13 19:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

"sorry to disillusion you dad but these guys are right on.  Your son's nose isn't in a pile of meth because he's locked up but some day he is going to have to deal with the real world. What you have here is a temporary fix, like all drugs. These schools are not "theraputic" in any sense of the word.  They are brutal, demeaning, demoralizing and abusive. They are run by ill-educated (if at all) people with piles of their own problems they put on the kids. I am a parent.  My daughter's psychotic father had her kidnapped and shipped out to one.  It took three weeks for me to get her out but the damage done was enormous.  She was just 13, innocent, with a beautiful,feisty spirit.  She suffered years of post traumatic stress and finally hanged herself.

It sounds like  you really care about your son.  I am sorry there is not better news about these places and I do wish  you luck with helping your son. "

Im terribly sorry she commited suicide.  :sad:

Have you added her name to the list we have of program casualties? Each person willing to speak up counts.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2006, 09:06:00 AM »
...was i totally sold on it right away?? hell no--but over the past year and 1/2 i can't argue with the results--does he love it there??--another hell no...

Machiavelli would be very proud of you, sir.

May I suggest that you watch a few WWASPS "reality shows"?  Take a look at the videos that have come from WWASPS - kids beaten, pepper-sprayed, starved, locked in dog cages, raped, denied medical care, etc.  

The corporation with which are are dealing is well-known and documented to be severely abusive and harmful.  If you can read and understand this and you do not bring your boy home immediately you are making a grave mistake.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline wwasp dad

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2006, 09:30:00 AM »
first of all i would like to thank all the people who did reply to the post.  alot of the info was very informative, and if nothing else gave me a different spin on things.  the link to the video was something that i found very interesting. i new right from the beginning that first and formost that this was a business, especially considering the cost.  to answer some of your questions, we have been to the seminars, which i have to admit were quite strange, although i did pick-up SOME useful tools in dealing w/ everyday life.  my son is at midwest academy in iowa.  as for never being able to communicate without staff around, we have had a couple of off ground visits where i'm sure i would have heard about the severe stuff you guys talk about.  of course you all will say he is brainwashed, and or scared of what may happen if he did say something.. well to answer that ahead of time, you  don't know my son. i pulled him aside on both of these visits, w/o his mother around and told him to lay it all on me..now he HATES being there but does admit it gave him a different view of choices and life in general..he also had alot to say about how the PROGRAM is so gay,etc.  as for the staff, there are some he doesn't care for at all, and others he has a great deal of respect for.  we saw one staff member outside the school (coincidental at a local retail store), and if you could of seen how they greeted each other, you would've seen that this wasn't an acting job.
        today or tomorrow i'm meeting with an ex-student of this particlar facility, to get his spin on all of this..he has done very well since leaving the place(about 1 year ago).  again the reason for this meeting is for more info from all the sources that are available to me.
  i will post how that went in the next day or two and hopefully get more input from you folks.

thanks again for your time and input--it's greatly appreciated- - -wwasp dad

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2006, 09:33:00 AM »
I think what you are doing is good.  Try meeting with a "student" that has been out of the program for more than 10 years.  You will hear honesty, not program mumbo jumbo.  Took me almost 18 years to realize my program was crap.

Good luck.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2006, 09:51:00 AM »
On 2006-04-14 06:30:00, wwasp dad wrote:

to answer some of your questions, we have been to the seminars, which i have to admit were quite strange, although i did pick-up SOME useful tools in dealing w/ everyday life.  

Glad you're at least willing to take a look at these issues.  How much have you really looked into the seminars?  Here's an interesting link.  http://www.insidersview.info/canitrustthem.htm

I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2006, 10:27:00 AM »
More interesting reading.

Midwest Academy

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2006, 12:49:00 PM »
i pulled him aside on both of these visits, w/o his mother around and told him to lay it all on me..now he HATES being there but does admit it gave him a different view of choices and life in general..he also had alot to say about how the PROGRAM is so gay,etc. as for the staff, there are some he doesn't care for at all, and others he has a great deal of respect for.

My father asked me similar questions, he knew something didn't smell right about the program, and asked me for 'the truth' when I got home. I was so scared about being locked up again I told him what I knew he wanted to hear. The only thing these camps teach you is to be a world-class faker at all things. Eventually, the act becomes second nature. It doesn't disentegrate until you are out of the program, whether it be a week or two years later. But it always happens. I am glad you are open to at least hear the people out here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2006, 01:17:00 PM »
On 2006-04-14 09:49:00, Anonymous wrote:

My father asked me similar questions, he knew something didn't smell right about the program, and asked me for 'the truth' when I got home. I was so scared about being locked up again I told him what I knew he wanted to hear. The only thing these camps teach you is to be a world-class faker at all things. Eventually, the act becomes second nature. It doesn't disentegrate until you are out of the program, whether it be a week or two years later. But it always happens. I am glad you are open to at least hear the people out here."

Amen!  :nworthy:   Our program used to call it "internalizing your program".  What it really meant was "sufficiently washed".

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »
I think what you mean when you say "my son is doing well"   is "I am pleased with the service I have bought, my son is now compliant"
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline emaree

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2006, 02:24:00 PM »
On 2006-04-14 09:49:00, Anonymous wrote:

"My father asked me similar questions, he knew something didn't smell right about the program, and asked me for 'the truth' when I got home. I was so scared about being locked up again I told him what I knew he wanted to hear. The only thing these camps teach you is to be a world-class faker at all things. Eventually, the act becomes second nature. It doesn't disentegrate until you are out of the program, whether it be a week or two years later. But it always happens. I am glad you are open to at least hear the people out here."

I totally agree. I remember telling my friends how it was so hard to seperate from the program and to forget it, because I had seriously formed a different life there, a completely different personality, a different scale of right and wrong...you're forced to assume this facade to survive, and you will do anything to get home. Any crack in that facade probably resulted in a drop, so it further cements into the real you. It overpowers your real self and slowly suffocates it. Even when you're free, the "program you" is still there, and it takes a long time to totally rid yourself of it.

My parents didn't find out how I really felt about the program until just recently, and I graduated in December of '04. For the first months I was home they had no idea how much I had hated it. Then I gradually started to denounce it, but I was still somewhat brainwashed. I would say "Oh, well the seminars were okay, they helped me" and "I learned a lot about myself" and "I made really good friends"...but in reality I was disillusioning myself, I was saying exactly what everyone else had said, what I was programmed to say...it's ironic (and sensible) that the most cultic part of the program is what I held onto for so long. Up until a few weeks ago I still belived that the seminars helped me...now I realize they just furthered my inability to let go of "program me". Everything is an act there, I even lied about things that happened to me in my past so I could stop being humiliated and dug into. I would grasp things out of the air, say I did more drugs than I really had, say I was raped, anything to get them off my back. Because if you don't have something juicy for them, they will grind away at you until you break. Everything is so fake...

The only question I have, is the student you're talking to still living with his/her parents, or under their "control"? Because that will definately change things. When I got home and other parents would ask me for advice, most of it was complete bullshit because I was too scared to say the truth, and the lies flowed out of my mouth like water. Soooo easy, I learned so well to fake emotions.

Also, keep in mind: I was not abused sexually or physically. I always had enough food to eat, I was never sent to the hobbit (or OP), I was on upper levels most of my stay, I liked a lot of my staff, I made tons of friends, and I was given a lot of privileges being 18/19. Yet I was still diagnosed with PTSD, I still have a hard time functioning in the real world.

I also commend you for looking at other viewpoints and being open to our advice. I wish my parents had at least done that.
----

\"They say evil prevails when good men fail to act. They should say evil prevails.\"
Lord Of War

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2006, 07:31:00 PM »
On 2006-04-13 17:26:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
and the thing that scares him more then anything is the thought of that drug, and what would happen if he did it just once again...........

That's because WWASPS specializes in attack therapy, trying to scare you into submission and from returning to old behaviors. They do not address the issues that cause drug use, or other problems, they think drug use in of itself is somehow curable. Your son will return into the exact same environment that caused him to choose to do meth in the first place, so why would anything change? If you use the home contract stuff when he comes home, it will be worse. Of course it scares him, because he knows he is not addressing the reasons why he was doing drugs. Meth isn't some contagious disease you get, you choose to use it."

Well, of course, your son has no reason to be scared of meth. So it's a choice--even when he's in the gutter, sobbing for enough to keep him whole another hour. But it's just a stage, right? Boys will be boys.

How many therapists are there at the school? Wonder what they talk about all those hours with the kids, since no one is addressing any real issues?

He'll return to the same environment---only if nothing changes at home. Hence the seminars.

Dad the fact is, you're right on. YOU know he needs help. You're intelligent enough to be searching, and continually learning. And it sounds as though you recognize that he can eventually choose to change or not, stay healthy or not.

I support good programs---including the WWASP programs I have experienced personally. Remember, they're independently owned, and not all of them look alike. There's a wide variety of kids and approaches; personally investigating this will bear out the truth of what I say.

The best thing you can do is what you're doing: be aware of the certain death of meth, keep informed, and participate in every step of his program--wherever or whatever it is. My best to you and your son.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »
On 2006-04-14 16:31:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2006-04-13 17:26:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
and the thing that scares him more then anything is the thought of that drug, and what would happen if he did it just once again...........

That's because WWASPS specializes in attack therapy, trying to scare you into submission and from returning to old behaviors. They do not address the issues that cause drug use, or other problems, they think drug use in of itself is somehow curable. Your son will return into the exact same environment that caused him to choose to do meth in the first place, so why would anything change? If you use the home contract stuff when he comes home, it will be worse. Of course it scares him, because he knows he is not addressing the reasons why he was doing drugs. Meth isn't some contagious disease you get, you choose to use it."

Well, of course, your son has no reason to be scared of meth. So it's a choice--even when he's in the gutter, sobbing for enough to keep him whole another hour. But it's just a stage, right? Boys will be boys.

How many therapists are there at the school? Wonder what they talk about all those hours with the kids, since no one is addressing any real issues?

He'll return to the same environment---only if nothing changes at home. Hence the seminars.

Dad the fact is, you're right on. YOU know he needs help. You're intelligent enough to be searching, and continually learning. And it sounds as though you recognize that he can eventually choose to change or not, stay healthy or not.

I support good programs---including the WWASP programs I have experienced personally. Remember, they're independently owned, and not all of them look alike. There's a wide variety of kids and approaches; personally investigating this will bear out the truth of what I say.

The best thing you can do is what you're doing: be aware of the certain death of meth, keep informed, and participate in every step of his program--wherever or whatever it is. My best to you and your son.

"

This is the same bitch from the Carlbrook thread.

Looks more and more like an Ed Con doing some advertising.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2006, 07:43:00 PM »
Yep, the Ed Con, supporting any program that charges money... sad.

Watch this movie and ask yourself if you trust these people with your child.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0196191412

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »

No, it's not a stage, it's a drug -- you know, those things that make you high to cover up the feelings you don't want to feel? When he gets out of his prison camp, he will have a lot more to cover up. Go read the post from a graduate who still has PTSD.

Tell us, how many therapists. How many times a week does he see the therapist. Does he receive family therapy, to improve the situation when he comes home? Is his therapy confidential, or do they share that info with his family rep? Program therapy is not therapy, I've lived through both and know the difference.

Please tell me you didn't just say that. It's sad people like you are put in a position of authority over other people's children. Seminars... please.

Coercion. Remember that word, it's important. His son chose nothing, not when he pisses, when he eats or even looks out the window. His son doesn't even know what it feels like to be able to make a series of choices throughout the day anymore. When he gets out of the program and realizes all the 'tools' they taught him only work in the program, he will be in for a rude awakening.

I support good programs

Not sure what you're doing in a WWASP thread then.

including the WWASP programs I have experienced personally.

Which one did you send your kid to, and for how long?

Remember, they're independently owned, and not all of them look alike.

None of them look like what parents think they do. They have NO idea, but like I said, we put on a great show for you. Parents are paying for a circus, for all of us to put on the show they want to see.

There's a wide variety of kids and approaches; personally investigating this will bear out the truth of what I say.

No, the truth is you support an abusive program that turns out kids with more problems than they went in with. THIS is the truth.

The best thing you can do is what you're doing: be aware of the certain death of meth,

It's great he got proper drug treatment and addressed the issues that caused him to do it in the first place so he doesn't get back into meth when he gets home. Oh wait...

keep informed, and participate in every step of his program--wherever or whatever it is.

Unless he breaks the home contract, then you should send him back to the program. Or when he turns 18 give him his exit plan and kick him out on the street. This is what WWASP teaches parents to do.

Yes, what a great program -- WWASP destroys families for a pile of cash, very admirable group of people.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
son in WWASP program
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2006, 08:10:00 PM »
pro-wwasp anon wrote

wwasp dad wrote
we have been to the seminars, which i have to admit were quite strange, although i did pick-up SOME useful tools in dealing w/ everyday life

Pro-wwasp anon, you have WAY too much faith in the power of seminars. Did you even read what wwasp dad wrote? Teens with drug problems need real help, not seminars.
 :roll: