Author Topic: Even in England Boys and Girls  (Read 10111 times)

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
Even in England Boys and Girls
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2006, 01:26:00 PM »
deleted
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 11:31:09 AM by Guest »
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2006, 03:14:00 PM »
"And I have never been to another country than England that had SO MANY retards walking around.Im talking about Monty Python style inbred fucking mental defectives walking around blathering on the street."

Yes, the UK, and the rest of the civilized world, needs to recognize that we in the USA have solved the problem expressed above, which I will refer to as the "FMD" problem.  

Here, we insist that the most egregious FMDs blather, not on the street, but on their own TV show (typically entitled "The [insert name here] Factor"), on their own talk radio show on the Excellence in Broadcasting network, or in their own newspaper column for Universal Press Syndicate.  

While ratings seems to indicate that most Americans find this solution quite entertaining, it doesn't put much of a dent in the total number of American FMDs who would otherwise be blathering on the streets, so we use up bunches of them to blather on various TV shows (e.g., The McLaughlin Group, Hardball, This Week with George Stephanopoulos, the 700 Club, Crossfire (until it got canceled after security broke down and a few of them escaped into GenPop), The View), entire media outlets (e.g., the Fox News Network, CBS, QVC), and/or branches of the Federal government (e.g., CNN, State of the Union speeches, Vice Presdential debates).  These FMDs, in turn, pick their buddies to staff other media outlets, Cabinet positions, and public relations companies.

No, we here in the greatest country in the world do not tolerate FMDs "walking around blathering on the street." We get them off the street and on to our TV screens, where they belong.

God bless the USA.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2006, 06:17:00 PM »
Aardvark, what do you suppose was Roger Waters' inspiration for The Wall?

No laws, however stringent, can make the idle industrious, the thriftless provident, or the drunken sober
--Samuel Stiles

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2006, 06:19:00 PM »
deleted
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 11:44:20 AM by Guest »
see the children with their boredom and their vacant stares. God help us all if we\'re to blame for their unanswered prayers,

Billy Joel.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »
So then millions of fans just read something into it that wasn't there? Cause I damned sure understood the theme. And I've never been to England or done acid. So then.... how can that be?

Maybe we have the same problems brewing. Maybe even from the same wellsprings?

I do not consider it an insult, but rather a compliment, to be called an agnostic. I do not pretend to know where many ignorant men are sure.
--Clarence Darrow, American lawyer

`80 - `82
return undef() if /coercion/i;

[ This Message was edited by: Eudora on 2006-04-18 15:26 ]

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »
deleted
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 11:45:27 AM by Guest »

Billy Joel.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »
I'm talking about the same ones and likely caused by the same people. I'm not looking at this with a mind toward assigning blame and seeking retribution or anything. (refer to my sig line) I'm looking at it with a mind toward heading it off.

screening pre-school kids for anti-social behavior is about as useful as screening the Christian Coalition for sanctimonious behavior.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ned=us&ie=UTF-8&q=Sanho+Tree&btnmeta%3Dsearch%3Dsearch=Search+the+Web' target='_new'>Sanho Tree

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2006, 08:31:00 PM »
deleted
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 11:46:34 AM by Guest »

Billy Joel.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2006, 08:47:00 PM »
My country does not incarcerate minors on no charge in facilities where they will be abused

Really?

Post URL: http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... t=0#185998

excerpts
It found that physical force was used against youngsters 15,512 times during a 21-month period in England and Wales, with injuries to both staff and children not uncommon.

Figures varied between institutions - in which there are in total 2,800 children and young people held in England and Wales, including 200 girls.

At one secure training centre, Medway in Kent, 1,818 injuries to children as a result of restraint from January 2004 to June 2005 were reported.

At Rainsbrook near Rugby there were 118, Hassockfield in County Durham reported 177 and Oakhill in Milton Keynes listed 48 from its opening in September 2004 to August 2005.

A sample of five out of 24 local authority secure children's homes in England and Wales revealed 73 injuries to children from January 2004 to August 2005.

Young offenders institutions did not keep central records of how many children had been injured in restraint incidents.

The inquiry found some evidence that staff would "bait" children into situations that would lead to them being restrained for the adult's "own gratification".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2006, 08:49:00 PM »
If it was happening in England I'd oppose it here.

It is.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2006, 08:50:00 PM »
On 2006-04-18 17:31:00, MightyAardvark wrote:

Frankly I can't believe how anyone can be such a despicable human being that they would attack me for lending my skills and time to the fight against child abuse because I'm making Americans look bad.

Boredom?  No life?  Pissed at the world in general and doesn't really know what to do about it?

Take your pick.

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2006, 08:53:00 PM »
deleted
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 11:25:52 AM by Guest »

Billy Joel.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2006, 09:17:00 PM »
Well, please ignore the petty shit and let's get at the meat. I think if you look back and also watch that TB video w/ an eye for it, you'll find that a lot of this discussion could be easily taken as anti American. I don't balk much or assume it's a response to anything helpful I've ever done.

How bad is it over there? I haven't gone out of my way to keep up. How was the reception to Brat Camp? How broad is the base? Did it backfire at all, do ya think? Are they having cops teach school kids about drugs and gangs like we have DARE doing here? It really did send a chill down my spine when I read about Prince Harry going into rehab for mj. There are only a rare few who believe that posession of mj is evidence enough to dx a substance abuse problem and they're all completely nuts. And, given my history w/ these programs, it might not be a stretch to say I'm seperated from none of them by more than 5 degrees, so I would know. lol

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.
--Francois Marie Arouet "Voltaire", French author and playwright

Offline MightyAardvark

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2006, 09:28:00 PM »
to the mean then
First, Prince  Harry is an officer in the British army. He commands a Challenger squadron, but for his royal connections possession of marajuana (class C over here, like Aspirin  you don't even get arrested to having it a civillian) would have totally ended his career. A spell in rehab for him is a face saving gesture. The British media practically stalk the Royal family and the Sun in particular has been known to outright lie about them
Second, drugs education here is conducted by specially trained social workers and the like as part of the school curriculum. Drugs awareness is actually taught as part of the same program that teaches about the hazards of smoking, alchohol etc. It works pretty well combined with our rehab focussed sentacing arrangements and the liberal laws regarding marajuana.
Two years ago Lincoln city council attempted to enact a juvenile curfew. It was struck down by the high court because it was deemed that is violated a child's right to free association.
It's a hard time to be young anywhere in the world right now, it's definitely difficult in England, the media has run out of scapegoats (can't blame jews, negroes, asians any more and it can't possibly be white middle class males) so juvenile misbehaviour is focussed on and exaggerated. ASBOs are worrying but not tremendously oppressive as they are usually exercised with considerable restraint.
The most worrying thing is CCTV, but since that effects all ages it's not really a problem.

Billy Joel.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 18, 2006, 09:33:00 PM »
Come to the west coast of the states if you want liberal marijuana laws, especially California. There are something like 45 retail medical marijuana shops now in S.F city.  :smokin:  :smokin:  :smokin: